What's new

BREAKING: Pakistan bans Minority Hindu festival of Holi to save “Islamic Identity” in Universities

True, Urdu is about as Indian as it gets.. they speak a more hardcore version of Punjabi but.. almost the lingua franca there.
People might be offended but I feel Urdu is more of a blend like Hinglish than a real language.

People might be offended but I feel Urdu is more of a blend like Hinglish than a real language.
Not offensive, but not very accurate either.

There is a significant overlap with Persian, Turkish, and Arabic vocabulary. It would be easier for an Urdu speaker to learn these languages compared to a Hindi speaker.

I also found that I had to focus a bit to understand "Shudh Hindi" when I heard it for the first time in a real life interaction.

Not offensive, but not very accurate either.

There is a significant overlap with Persian, Turkish, and Arabic vocabulary. It would be easier for an Urdu speaker to learn these languages compared to a Hindi speaker.

I also found that I had to focus a bit to understand "Shudh Hindi" when I heard it for the first time in a real life interaction.
Actually Muslims in the subcontinent tend to use a lot of Arabic, Persian and Turkic words and the Nastaliq/Arabic script with whatever local language they speak, read and write as their mother tongue. I guess thats how Urdu was also born.

Even in Hindi there are many dialects of the "Hindi" language and the Khari Boli dialect is the one which is considered as the de-facto "proper Hindi".

Due to a lot of influence by the Nawabs, and subsequently of the British and Bollywood, modern day spoken-Hindi has become a blend as well which is why nobody speaks Shudh Hindi unless required in a formal ceremony.

Many student organisations are using these religious festivals for exploitative politics. A policy must be formed that religious festivals like Holi, Nowruz and Basant get protection from such entities.

itni knowledge nahi hai mujhe, you need to summon the old man for that lol

but urdu Indian language hai, UP ki hai, Mughlon k time se chali aa rahi hai.. Punjab side are all uncultured jaahil janwars across the borders.. they do a horribly bastardized Hindi

wrong

we own it, Urdu

aap Pnjabi m gaali galauch kre rho but.. aapk bas ki woh hi hai, you jaahils

Pajeet 364 days of a year: Urdu is not our language. It is from mughals who were invaders and opporessors. It is a muslim language

Pajeet on day 365 in front of Pakistani: we own it, Urdu

:lol:

Good decision, universities should focus on education. It is Well known liberal universities focus on nonsensical shit all over the world to erode cultural values and spread agendas.

Hindus probably not even the ones “celebrating” Holi in these events.

Back
Top Bottom