What's new

BREAKING: Pakistan bans Minority Hindu festival of Holi to save “Islamic Identity” in Universities

Noon league being a party of kanjars obviously would have issue with this ban on molestation festival aka holi

whatever it has to do with, Holi is mostly just an occasion to get high and play with water and colours.. its just super fun generally.

On occasion I'll actually skip going out in the day if not in the mood for that kind of thing, one can always join in after sundown by which time only the music, drunkenness and food remains, no splashing water etc.

There are similar pagan change of season fests the world over, in India we call it Holi and have some lore attached to it. Good fun stuff all around generally.

Holi is a festival of pagan mushriks

And Muslims can't celebrate anything done religiously by mushriks

Mushriks in Pakistan can celebrate whatever festival they want to celebrate. There is nothing stopping them

Lol learn to read Pakjeet and quote me whenever you can.

Islam has only two eids. And the news you posted didn't mention either of the two

Now go, read,do your research and then come back to post here

Islam has only two eids. And the news you posted didn't mention either of the two

Now go, read,do your research and then come back to post here

You will still need to read the thread to understand why I posted what I posted. Then quote me, I’ll be happy to clear your confusion if any.

You can thank QAU for getting some idiotic mullah riled up on their personal “Jihalat-ad” and making this happen.

But then again, this isn’t MA Jinnah’s Pakistan so frankly the rulers can do what they want. At the end, who cares about a failed banana republic

You will still need to read the thread to understand why I posted what I posted. Then quote me, I’ll be happy to clear your confusion if any.

I understand you and this thread very well

Chal ab aagai barh

But PU is celebrating Eid with 'zeal and zest'. 😀
That is not eid and yes that particular event is celebrated throughout Pakistan with zeal and zest and beyond in places like Turkey and others even though there is no official holiday in many places for it.

What exact point would you be trying to make? The majority shouldn’t celebrate something that is dear to them or that it is wrong for them to not let a minority celebrate the same(for which you will find many Pakistanis in agreement)?

I understand you and this thread very well

Chal ab aagai barh
:lol:

That is not eid and yes that particular event is celebrated throughout Pakistan with zeal and zest and beyond in places like Turkey and others even though there is no official holiday in many places for it.

What exact point would you be trying to make? The majority shouldn’t celebrate something that is dear to them or that it is wrong for them to not let a minority celebrate the same(for which you will find many Pakistanis in agreement)?

My reply was only for the post that claimed ‘no university is celebrating Islamic festivals.’ Nothing more, nothing less.

My reply was only for the post that claimed ‘no university is celebrating Islamic festivals.’ Nothing more, nothing less.

So point made by @Jazzbot still stands since you failed to prove that either of the two eids are not celebrated in Pakistani universities

Good

That claim is wrong - Islamic festivals are celebrated from the elementary schools all the way to universities because they are not just confined to state holidays but continue into the actual fabric of the muslim identity for Pakistanis(for that matter Indian muslims as well) and because Pakistan is an Islamic republic (at least per its constitution)they have all the right to celebrate them.

That claim is wrong - Islamic festivals are celebrated from the elementary schools all the way to universities because they are not just confined to state holidays but continue into the actual fabric of the muslim identity for Pakistanis(for that matter Indian muslims as well) and because Pakistan is an Islamic republic (at least per its constitution)they have all the right to celebrate them.
Absolutely. I agree.
I was just replying to that one post. I never said Pakistan universities should not celebrate any festivals - Islamic or otherwise.

So point made by @Jazzbot still stands since you failed to prove that either of the two eids are not celebrated in Pakistani universities

Good
Again, you haven’t read the thread. You may wanna try that first to understand the context.

Again, you haven’t read the thread. You may wanna try that first to understand the context.

Actually you didn't read your own post before lecturing others to read the thread

Screenshot_2023-06-22-01-30-07-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Got it? Eid?

That's why I asked you to not become expert in things you don't know about

Actually you didn't read your own post before lecturing others to read the thread

View attachment 935426

Got it? Eid?

That's why I asked you to not become expert in things you don't know about

It seems you seriously can’t read. So let me bold it for you.

Punjab University administration had decided to celebrate Eid Milad-un-Nabi (PBUH) with zeal and zest and organized a number of activities by keeping all teaching and non-teaching departments on Thursday, January 24. While Punjab University will remain closed on Friday Jan 25 on account of Eid Milad-un-Nabi (PBUH).

Hope this clears your confusion.

Back
Top Bottom