What's new

Betrayed, Arabized

And NOTHING is lost when they are translated??
The nuances of one language.. are perfectly overlaid onto the other??

Yes, and no.

Yes, a lot will be lost when they are merely translated. And no, nothing will be lost when they are properly interpreted.

If the texts were only to be translated word to word, then probably no one alive today would really understand Geeta or Bible or even Quran. But nuances, phrases, idioms, and what not can be understood (not mere translated as you put it) by those who learn the language, and interpret them correctly to put them in the local language.

There is nothing about a language that an outsider cannot interpret in his or her own language, because true learning of a language comes from learning the culture, which to some extent, is equivalent to living the same life.

So no, I do not think there is anything lost when a particular text written in a foreign language is properly interpreted into a local one. Even more so when the texts are neither area bound, nor time bound, like our holy books.

You just have be sure the interpreter is not a corrupt one.

No, not in that sense. Just by reading your post, I can see you think you're the best thing that ever existed :P

Inferiority complex in admitting the roots of your ancestors. Of what we were, before we became Muslims. A lot of people have this in PDF.

And yea, I've seen both Indians and Pakistani, and honest to God, despite all your talks on how you guys look nothing a like, I still can't differentiate between a Indian (North Indian specifically) and a Pakistani.

Anyway Aidilfitri is just a few days away. No need for ill feelings. There's a another good thread on some Coke studio songs. Chilling to that :whistle:

If you can't differentiate in looks between a pakistani and an indian then you must go get your eyes checked.

We pakistani are green, grey eyed fair skinned and some of us even blond, compared to a dark skinned,timid physically inferior indians.

I am no arab, my ancestors were not arabs and they weren't indian either.

Yes my mistake I meant 7%, article was long but anyways.

No any 1 who jumps straight to Wikipedia is a bharti (I can tell) no wonder you guys have a huge base there working day and night to distort facts and spread false information that serves your propaganda machine.

Nice try but MAN UP and change your flag just like meuse whos pretending to be a Pakistani.
And no I don’t have a desire to argue with you because you are a professional troll, and I do not worthy the worthless thus you are on the ignored list along with 2 others.

Thats all _ Good day :woot:

Cool story, bro. You're so disillusioned, it's starting to sound funny. LOL. Have a good day, clown ;)

If you can't differentiate in looks between a pakistani and an indian then you must go get your eyes checked.

We pakistani are green, grey eyed fair skinned and some of us even blond, compared to a dark skinned,timid physically inferior indians.

I can differentiate between a South Indian (darker people right?) and a North Indian/Pakistani. But the line gets blurred when it comes to North Indians and Pakistanis. I've been to Lahore and Delhi, and the people look almost same there.

Anyway I guess you couldn't tell the difference between Indonesians and Malays, can you? I can though. At the end, it's all where you grew up from and your experiences that sets your views.

Anyway since when does looks matter? We're all equal in God's eyes. I'm done with this. Salam Aidilfitri everyone :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh man I was going to stay out of this post since I share no identity with Pakistan save that some of my forefathers came from what is now Pakistan. After reading your post I just have to ask you this....are you certain that you are Pakistani and not some ghora CIA-Blackwater ops agent from California posing as a Pakistani ?? :rofl::rofl:

I don't know why there is so much hate .... we look too similar to differentiate

People go to foreign countries .Suppose there are persons of Chinese, Indian, Pakistani or Russian origin ...an Indian in foreign land will always find itself more closer to a Pakistani than Russian or an American; while same goes for Pakistanis they will prefer talking and staying with an Indian than a Chinese ....

on my last trip ...a Pakistani doc helped me a lot during my rotations....so I have very pleasant memories of my dealings with our Pakistani Brothers

LOL :rofl::rofl:

so no wonder American CIA agents are able to walk amongst you with ease, coz according to you, pakies and whites look exactly the same!!! :rofl::rofl:

Cool story, bro. You're so disillusioned, it's starting to sound funny. LOL. Have a good day, clown ;)

I can differentiate between a South Indian (darker people right?) and a North Indian/Pakistani. But the line gets blurred when it comes to North Indians and Pakistanis. I've been to Lahore and Delhi, and the people look almost same there.

Anyway I guess you couldn't tell the difference between Indonesians and Malays, can you? I can though. At the end, it's all where you grew up from and your experiences that sets your views.

Anyway since when does looks matter? We're all equal in God's eyes. I'm done with this. Salam Aidilfitri everyone :)

Then I suggest you go a bit further and from hassan abdal onward, you will feel like you are in a different continent, go chitralb dir, balochistan and kp then come and argue how you can not differentiate between indians and pakistanis in look.

Watched the video - one comment only.

Pakistaniyon kay paas shayad shaqal hai, par aqal nahin (may be the Pakistanis have the face, but not the brains to match it)

Facing Bias, Pakistanis Pretend to Be Indian - Times Square bomb scare boosts anti-Pakistani sentiment

:rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Pakistaniyon kay paas shayad shaqal hai, par aqal nahin (may be the Pakistanis have the face, but not the brains to match it)

Even the shaqal part is another part of Pakistani myths . The average Pakistani looks no different than the average North Indian .

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

I don't know why there is so much hate .... we look too similar to differentiate

People go to foreign countries .Suppose there are persons of Chinese, Indian, Pakistani or Russian origin ...an Indian in foreign land will always find itself more closer to a Pakistani than Russian or an American; while same goes for Pakistanis they will prefer talking and staying with an Indian than a Chinese ....

on my last trip ...a Pakistani doc helped me a lot during my rotations....so I have very pleasant memories of my dealings with our Pakistani Brothers

These sentiments are better not expressed on this forum atleast . don't you see it .

With respect you cant generalize about the looks of Indians or Pakistanis. There are good and bad looking in both nations and the same can be said for brain power.

I think all that Muse wanted to say is the Pakistanis must be conscious and proud of their own identity which is somehow getting lost in an effort to become different from the Indians or more like Arabs.It has got nothing to do with the Quran being written in Arab.
People should know about their actual history of the land in which they live in and their own cultural heritage.

Yes, and no.

Yes, a lot will be lost when they are merely translated. And no, nothing will be lost when they are properly interpreted.

If the texts were only to be translated word to word, then probably no one alive today would really understand Geeta or Bible or even Quran. But nuances, phrases, idioms, and what not can be understood (not mere translated as you put it) by those who learn the language, and interpret them correctly to put them in the local language.

There is nothing about a language that an outsider cannot interpret in his or her own language, because true learning of a language comes from learning the culture, which to some extent, is equivalent to living the same life.

So no, I do not think there is anything lost when a particular text written in a foreign language is properly interpreted into a local one. Even more so when the texts are neither area bound, nor time bound, like our holy books.

You just have be sure the interpreter is not a corrupt one.

Many nuances in Arabic dont have equivalents..
letters can also work as words.. and vice versa.. what language will be able to mimic that accurately?
Interpretation is always according to the times. so If the interpreter keeps changing.. the original message will be lost.
and you ruin the essence.

The problem with all this critique is the lack of definition.
I resent being "Najdized".. I would not like to give up my Kurta Pyjama, My starched Shalwar Kameez with its shawl.. or my Levi's for a thawb and Ghutrah.. Just the same as I would not like to abandon using Do-shambe for Peer-var.
However.. one must define where this "arabophobia" ends.. and "islamophobia" begins..
The need to identify with the rest of the world seems to require one to be ashamed of one's religious identity...
Or
The need to identify with the rest of the Muslims seems to require one to be ashamed of one's cultural identity.
Somehow.. Pakistani's are inherently insecure about themselves they cannot decide which to follow.

I think Arabic language can help playing a coalescing role in Pakistan where lingual nationalism/identity is a serious issue ,one of them even resulting in separation.

In India with more than 22 official languages , Sanskrit helps to achieve lingual homogeneity as 90% of Indian languages have derivatives from Sanskrit, Also it is interesting to note that Sanskrit to Indian and Arabic to Pakistan have from a relgious perspective. The only problem is Sanskrit is native but Arabic is not.

Back
Top Bottom