What's new

Bengali settlers resorting to Israeli approach!

Maira La

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Ethnic woman killed in Khagrachharhi

Khagrachharhi/Rangamati, Dec 14 (bdnews24.com) — A woman of ethnic minority origin was killed in Khagrachharhi's Dighinala on Wednesday reportedly by Bengali settlers agitated at the 'murder' of a Bengali motorcyclist.

The body of Abdus Sattar, 27, the motorcyclist, was found in Rangamati's Baghaichharhi area earlier in the day.

The settlers in Dighinala took out a procession protesting against the killing of Sattar, who was from Kabakhali's Muslimparha area of Dighinala.

At one stage of demonstration, they hurled brickbats on a jeep carrying passengers from ethnic minorities, Dighinala Police Station officer-in-charge Shahadat Hossain Titu told bdnews24.com.

Chigon Mila, 43, Bikash Chakma, 25, Jeeten Chakma, 51, Tapan Jyoti Chakma, 15, and several other passengers were injured in the attack, the police official said.

Mila died in Khagrachharhi Sadar Hospital around 10:30am, he said, adding that the body was awaiting autopsy.

Additional police have been deployed in the area to avoid further unpleasant incidents.

Local authorities have imposed Section 144 in Baghaichharhi, banning all sorts of gathering, following tension between the ethnic minorities and the Bengali settlers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is disgusting! Why are these idiots killing & injuring innocent tribals instead of the real killers? We're not mid-eastern savages, but I guess these guys are learning the ropes already. Kill innocents for innocents? Hell no! :angry:

This is disgusting! Why are these idiots killing & injuring innocent tribals instead of the real killers? We're not mid-eastern savages, but I guess these guys are learning the ropes already. Kill innocents for innocents? Hell no! :angry:

HOLD OFF your one sided story telling and calling Bangladeshis inside Bangladesh as "settler". Where the he** you found tribals are innocent? Have you been there? Tribals are killing their own people every day, extorting money and taking hostage.

Does anyone know that bangladeshi army personell get killed by tribal people and those news are not reported to the newscaste. If bangladesh takes israeli approach to the tribal people, then there won't be any tribal people left in bangladesh. My question is, why not these tribal people try to integrate to the main stream bangladeshis rather than separating themselves? They are not located 1000km far apart but they are at the heart of bengal of 5000 or more years.

Don't see anything Wrong with this, Bangladesh recognize Israel soon seems to be true ? BTW Palestinians are invented people.

HOLD OFF your one sided story telling and calling Bangladeshis inside Bangladesh as "settler". Where the he** you found tribals are innocent? Have you been there? Tribals are killing their own people every day, extorting money and taking hostage.

Be careful what you wish for.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Does anyone know that bangladeshi army personell get killed by tribal people and those news are not reported to the newscaste. If bangladesh takes israeli approach to the tribal people, then there won't be any tribal people left in bangladesh. My question is, why not these tribal people try to integrate to the main stream bangladeshis rather than separating themselves? They are not located 1000km far apart but they are at the heart of bengal of 5000 or more years.

Army presence in CHT region has been going down over the years.

We should just liberated occupied parbyotyo chattagram and end tyrannical rule of Bangladesh govt.

And also you are not democracy but hypocrisy and every day Indian flag fly high on dhaka and all that jazz.

Indigenous leader held with arms

Tue, Feb 8th, 2011 11:53 pm BdST

Dial 2000 from your GP mobile for latest news
Chittagong, Feb 8 (bdnews24.com)—Leader of an anti-peace treaty organisation of Chittagong Hill Tracts has been held with arms.

A RAB-7 team arrested Michael Chakma, 32, from a residence of an indigenous youth in Pahartali area of Chittagong around 8pm.

Two light guns, two round bullets and 200 Yaba tablets were found in his possession.

Michael is the member secretary of Ganatantrik Juba Forum and a top figure of United People's Democratic Front (UPDF).

He has seven cases against him, RAB said.

Indigenous leader held with arms | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Rangamati gun attack kills UPDF man

Sun, Jun 26th, 2011 12:09 pm BdST

Dial 2000 from your GP mobile for latest news
Rangamati, June 26 (bdnews24.com) — A member of the United People's Democratic Front (UPDF) has been shot dead in Rangamati reportedly in an attack by their rivals.

Police and locals said Bijoy Singha, 31, was shot dead while he was coming out of a house at Gilatoli village in Jurajuri upazila around 7:30am on Sunday.

This is the fifth such killing in the hill district in a month.

UPDF, an anti-peace accord group, blamed Parbatya Chattagram Jana Sanghati Samity (PCJSS), a pro-peace accord group led by Jyotirindra Bodhipriya Larma or Santu Larma, for the murder.

PCJSS, however, denied the allegation.

Locals said one Dhanu Chakma, who accompanied Bijoy at the time, was missing since the incident.

On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Rangamati General Hospital for autopsy, SP Masud-ul Hassan told bdnews24.com.

Bijoy came from Agucchechharhi area of Rangamati Sadar.

On May 21, at least four UPDF members were killed at Barkal and a PCJSS member was gunned down on May 29.

In a statement, UPDF publicity wing chief Sonamoni Chakma claimed PCJSS hands in the killing.

Dismissing the allegation, PCJSS central deputy publicity and information secretary Sajib Chakma told bdnews24.com: "Jana Sangahti Samity believes in democratic movement. So, the question does not arise of our involvement in such a murder incident."

UPDF was formed following the 1997 Peace Accord between the government and PCJSS that ended a low-intensity guerrilla war since 1973, and murder occurrences have been a regular happening in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.

Rangamati gun attack kills UPDF man | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

These tribals are loaded with military style arms, killing each others as well as no tribals. Bangladeshis (both tribals and non tribals) had been held hostage by these tribal terror group. But because of media connection and infiltration by these terror groups, these tribal mouthpiecs call Bangladeshis as "settlers". And it is yet more appalling that some here try to label Bangladeshis based on narrative of tribal terror outfits.

Idune: I'm in no way implying the tribal terror outfits are innocent. But the Bengali settlers attacked some innocent Chakma woman to avenge a Bengali death.

I always despised the Israeli settlers' approach to contain the local Palestinians, not because they are Jewish, but because they are arrogant and resort to inhumane practices ("200 for 1 Israeli death" approach in the words of one ex minister).

But am I not being a hypocrite by denouncing Israeli actions while my countrymen commit the same against a group of minorities?

This Chakma woman had nothing to do with the motorcyclist's death. Some children just lost their mother because they were born as Chakmas!

Idune: I'm in no way implying the tribal terror outfits are innocent. But the Bengali settlers attacked some innocent Chakma woman to avenge a Bengali death.

I always despised the Israeli settlers' approach to contain the local Palestinians, not because they are Jewish, but because they are arrogant and resort to inhumane practices ("200 for 1 Israeli death" approach in the words of one ex minister).

But am I not being a hypocrite by denouncing Israeli actions while my countrymen commit the same against a group of minorities?

This Chakma woman had nothing to do with the motorcyclist's death. Some children just lost their mother because they were born as Chakmas!

If Chakma woman was killed that should have been pursued as criminal case and let justice take its own course. But for one criminal act calling Bangladeshis in their own land "settlers" and comparing with Israel, is just appalling and not acceptable. How could you support such position?????? Besides, Israeli act and CHT are not the same. Israel had occupied land, Bangladesh had not.

Most of these tribals came and settled in this land, read the history. Do you want to count how many non tribal families lost their father, brother and other family members in the hand of tribals? Not mentioning loss of army officers and soldiers. Yet Bangladesh as a poor country tried to accommodate tribals with generous rations, preference in education including in BUET, preference in job. So please gather your information before comparing Bangladeshis with Israeli settlers.

Apocalypse are u an idiot?? Are u really comparing bangladesh to israel? 1948 2 countries suppose to take place: Israel and Palestine. Now Ive a question do u support a creation of a country for which shati bahini fought within Bangladesh? Because u already comparing Bangladesh to Israel!

Apocalypse are u an idiot?? Are u really comparing bangladesh to israel? 1948 2 countries suppose to take place: Israel and Palestine. Now Ive a question do u support a creation of a country for which shati bahini fought within Bangladesh? Because u already comparing Bangladesh to Israel!

Not talking about creation of countries. Tribal are Bangladeshis. It's the state's responsibility to protect them. And how did the Bengalis come to the conclusion that the killing of the motorcyclist was a hate crime against Bengalis? He could have been involved in some local political/criminal conflict that turned messy. It's the local Bengali mob who are idiots, not me!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom