What's new

Proof of india behind Bangladesh's hill track conflict

ha ha ha....
what's the meaning of last line ..care to explain.....:p::p:
I really believe that India had every reason to do this
"India armed, trained and financed ethnic Bengali rebels seeking to break away from Pakistan"

Bangladesh has stepped up a bitter army campaign against the Chakmas, sending them fleeing into India several times in the last 17 years. The 1986 exodus was the biggest. Rights Violations Reported

Amnesty International, the human rights organization, has reported serious violations of human rights in the Chittagong Hill Tracts by Bangladeshi military personnel, including rape, torture and indiscriminate shooting. Recent refugees say the assaults on women, capture of farmland by Muslim settlers and killing of Chakmas is continuing.

"India armed, trained and financed ethnic Bengali rebels seeking to break away from Pakistan"
thanks for explaining......:pop::pop:

Chakmas were pro pakistani and after 1971 they are paying the price for their anti BD stance during freedom war of BD . India was in no position to help them when it was fighting insurgency in its own NE territory. There is no proof of Indias involovement nor ever will because India never helped them ..

laie_14.gif

My common sense says this article could be true...We are not angels...not even cupids.So why would India like Pakistan espousing Bangladesh(then East pakistan)???
Yes we got them divorced...legally:yes4:

I concur. The India of 1980s was a bat$h!t mess both within and outside. We were finally coming to terms with our pre-eminence in the region, and Indira Gandhi followed by Rajiv Gandhi were very decisive in their statecraft. We did start arming so many rebels during this time, and engaged in military adventurism in the form of IPKF.

But the Press of the Western World at that time was also notoriously against Indian interests, none more so that BBC and NYT. So, may be the article has some veracity in it, but it may also have been hyped up in it's tenor and content.

Chakmas were pro pakistani and after 1971 they are paying the price for their anti BD stance during freedom war of BD . India was in no position to help them when it was fighting insurgency in its own NE territory. There is no proof of Indias involovement nor ever will because India never helped them ..
Yeah .......
and the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was the first among prominent foreign friends who was given posthumously the highest state honour ,Bangladesh Freedom Honour(Her daughter-in-law and Congress president Sonia Gandhi, received the award in Dhaka on her behalf.)
President Pranab Mukherjee received the award in February this year.
You think all that was a paracosm???
Do you need more proof of India's involvement???

it started when the conflict started

How is it different from supporting Mukti Bahini?

Whether or not India supported it is a different matter. Question is that the condition is similar to what happened between East and West Pakistan. You can't criticize Pakistan and do the same to others. You can't cry fowl when someone use your own tactics on you! If you can justify the independence of BD, than you have no right to criticize this.

How is it different from supporting Mukti Bahini?

Whether or not India supported it is a different matter. Question is that the condition is similar to what happened between East and West Pakistan. You can't criticize Pakistan and do the same to others. You can't cry fowl when someone use your own tactics on you! If you can justify the independence of BD, than you have no right to criticize this.
it differs, some hill track people wanted to be separated just because we are bengali but majority of hill track people wanted to be with us and thats why that rebels lost the battle. it is you who are crying fowl, not us. talking about independence ? better give NE independence first then talk.

it differs, some hill track people wanted to be separated just because we are bengali but majority of hill track people wanted to be with us and thats why that rebels lost the battle. it is you who are crying fowl, not us. talking about independence ? better give NE independence first then talk.
you supported ulfa afterwards, what are you bitching about.. we are even now.
India no longer supports LTTE or shanti vahini... I promise .. :kiss3:

that is what i am talking about, we just gave check mate by giving support to ulfa when india marked bd as evil and played saint game.
India no longer supports shanti bahini because it surrendered to us and it does not exist anymore, it lost popularity in hill track that time LOL

Because there's no Shanti bahini to support....most of them have been killed.....Its not Shanti Bahini we worry about its the next Bahini you are planning to support!

that is what i am talking about, we just gave check mate by giving support to ulfa when india mark bd as evil and play saint game.
India no longer supports shanti bahini because it surrendered to us and it does not exist anymore, it lost popularity in hill track that time LOL
there is no permanent check mate, your regime changes and you start acting funny, then we will have to revive it. :)

I agree we are no saints. but dont tell anybody. :p:

Back
Top Bottom