What's new

3 Myanmar army battalions move to border

codename_47

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Myanmar has deployed three regular army battalions within five miles of its border with Bangladesh.

Burmese newspaper ‘Eleven Myanmar’ citing sources said the measures had been taken to beef up security ‘due to political instability’.

Quoting Rakhine State Chief Minister it reported that two police battalions would also be sent later to seal the border.

However, authorities in Bangladesh are not worried about Myanmar’s move.

Bangladesh Border Guard’s (BGB) Director General Major General Aziz Ahmed told bdnews24.com Myanmar has not done this with any hostile intentions -- rather internal security considerations explained the move.

“We have nothing to be worried,” he said, adding that Myanmar has made similar deployments even before.

Myanmar police guard its border with Bangladesh in the trouble hit Rakhine state after authorities disbanded its border force Nasaka.

Ethnic violence is frequent in this state.

The BGB Chief said they beef up security deploying military or other forces on many occasions to assist police.

Source : http:// m.bdnews24.com/details.php?linkhere=http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2013/09/21/3-myanmar-army-battalions-move-to-border&strurlpart1=http://bdnews24.com/?widgetName=rssfeed&strurlpart2=widgetId=1150&strurlpart3=getXmlFeed=true

oh where are our bir muktijoddhas[you know who], the time has come when they must shed blood for our country :lol:
on topic, let the attention seekers beg for attention

watch a BD-Pak cricket match with them..... you'll understand....

please keep your nationalism rant off sports. if i see England vs Bangladesh in football, i will be on the brits' side and no, that doesn't make me mir jafar

Sure, why not? The moment Pakistan clear away million+ their leftover ppl from our land ,we will welcome rohingyas with open arms.:cheers:

as planet said, everyone living in Bangladesh are Bangladeshi and have equal rights on this land.

please keep your nationalism rant off sports. if i see England vs Bangladesh in football, i will be on the brits' side and no, that doesn't make me mir jafar

as planet said, everyone living in Bangladesh are Bangladeshi and have equal rights on this land.

Seeing these peoples' comments you know it seems it's not our fault for our view that comes from our very instincts....it's just still we have to go far.

Seeing these peoples' comments you know it seems it's not our fault for our view that comes from our very instincts....it's just still we have to go far.

the comments here are absurd. i though thejust was more just[punny] and another guy questioning people's loyalty based on who they support :lol: the current self proclaimed Bangali nationalists can't tolerate even the smallest of different views it seems....

they sing national anthem and bear the national flag not without any reason.....
cricket is even part of diplomacy..... Pak cricket board did a lotta damage to BD's BPL venture by banning Pak cricketers from participating in it just several days before the start of the tournament..... it was in retaliation to BD's non support of Pak in ICC.... sports is not an isolated thing..... remember the rejoice of people after wins in World Cup games..... thats called national pride.... and just when people cried after BD's defeat to Pak in the Asia Cup final, the biharis here rejoiced.... there's a strong emotion attached to sports.... and you can't ignore that.... if sports was so isolated, then India and Pak would've played so much more together....

If there's a match between US and Bangladesh and one Bangladeshi origin American supports Bangladesh sitting in US, that guy should be taken to Guantanamo Bay...no?

Sure, why not? The moment Pakistan clear away million+ their leftover ppl from our land ,we will welcome rohingyas with open arms.:cheers:

What a horrible thing to say about fellow Muslims.

There are millions of Bangladeshi people in Pakistan and many other Bangkadeshis are also welcome to migrate and stay in Pakistan if they wish. We don't have any laws barring immigrants or refugees from other countries regardless how poor out country maybe, just ask our Afghan brothers.

We expect loyalty from them cause we know what they did during the liberation war, we know how many months Mirpur was under biharis after freedom, we know how Zahir Raihan died. If they want us to forget that they have to be bloody loyal.

how old are you? assimilation doesnot work like this. you have to provide them equal rights, food, education and health care. only then they will start to feel loyal to the country. its funny you hate biharis, but not tribal people in chittagong who were involved in insurgency for two decades. i have bengali friends from bandarban. the bengalis only go to few selected areas and tourist spots. rest of the land is controlled by tribal people and bengalis dont tread on those places. so what do you think about those people? kill them or expel them to myanmar? grow up. you need to assimilate them. i suggest you to watch the movie - invictus. hate is not answer, only politicians use that to use us as pawn. rise above that.

how old are you? assimilation doesnot work like this. you have to provide them equal rights, food, education and health care. only then they will start to feel loyal to the country. its funny you hate biharis, but not tribal people in chittagong who were involved in insurgency for two decades. i have bengali friends from bandarban. the bengalis only go to few selected areas and tourist spots. rest of the land is controlled by tribal people and bengalis dont tread on those places. so what do you think about those people? kill them or expel them to myanmar? grow up. you need to assimilate them. i suggest you to watch the movie - invictus. hate is not answer, only politicians use that to use us as pawn. rise above that.

YES....I would do a exchange program for Rohingyas....Rohingyas(though not really Bengali) are ethnically,linguistically and culturally closer to us...and the Chakmas and others do not want to stay here anyway...send them back to where they came from!

Don't you know he went to Mirpur in search of his younger brother. Then biharis ruled Mirpur. After Zahir Raihan was vanished, none found him. Most of the people suspect he was killed by biharis. And about Akram Khan, we respect him. But we cannot judge the whole ethnic group's loyalty by just one man and his family's loyalty.

some people also believe Jahir rayhan was killed by Awamileague because he threatened to reveal their kolkata life during the war. whats your point?

It is a thread about Burmese troop amassing along BD border. But, people are talking about Zahir Raihan, who was killed by bullets during a battle between Muktis and Biharis in Mirpur. When people were getting away from the battle field, Zahir went there to watch the battle, but was hit by bullets because he was on the line of firing.

do you want me to stay with them? i live near shia mashjid.
hey mate can you tell me what is the exact percentage of Shias in Bangladesh?i am just a bit curious as here in Indian state of Bengal nearly 25% of the Bengali muslims are Shias.so i am just wondering what's the percentage on the other side of the border...

Back
Top Bottom