What's new

BD to Purchase Submarines

Its a long shot. First to get the Subs and then its the decision of the Navy what to do about maintenance. Thanks for the offer though. It would be great if you could put a dollar amount on your offer.

Put a dollar amount to offer meaning .. charge you for our assistance or provide you money for accepting our assistance ..if it is the former then I am sure various exchange programs can be initiated ..where Bangladeshi Navy officers can be on deputation to India can use Indian submarine training facilities to train ..similarly Indian navy officers can be deputed to bangladesh to help setup submarine base and training facilities in bangladesh...I am sure such kind of inter-naval co-operation will be free of cost.

A submarine base in jungle ? in my knowledge it can be in kutubdia too.:undecided:

If there are 4 or 6 submarines in BD, I think, they will have more than one bases for security reasons. But, does Kutbdia have any natural barriers like mountains, that cannot be shelled or bombed easily?

For one, if a formal declaration of war happens, then most ships would like to stay outside the war zone for obvious reasons that these ships are not owned by govts but private companies who would not like to place their property or personnel in harms way. So nothing much will happen other than they companies lodging a strong protest with Ministry of External affairs India. The govt can't so much either than lodge a protest or call a session in UN, which is a long drawn process.

I agree with you that subs does provides a strike capability and if war commences than subs will be the first to be launched into the seas 'cause they won't like being caught in shallow waters :)

But then obviously we will have the P-8i hunting for these subs and since BD airforce will not have air superiority over BoB airspace there is not much they can do to stop these anti-sub sorties. So just having them won't ensure a blockade won't happen, it will be an annoyance for IN at best. Unless, BD also acquire sea launched harpoons for them too, in which case these subs will become a priority target and IN would like to launch sorties to take them out.

And... This is precisely the reason, I wrote a comment before that as a 'sovereign nation' if BD want's to buy subs, they can, if they feel more secure and if subs fulfill their defense needs, they should go for it.

Besides, I feel other people (Indians and BDs both) are plain overreacting over something which is a good 10-12 years away :)

A very juvenile response. I don't think you have a complete count of the players on table.

Btw...how about Collins Class submarines from Australia...?? We have good relations with them and possibly can utilize it...any suggestions...??

HMAS-Collins-1-S.jpg

Cheers!!!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/86866-india-targets-chinas-satellites.html

Look, India is taking every measure to protect itself, which may be unnecessary and waste of money. Should not we take at least necessary measurements to protect our interests? Wise people must be agreed for ..............protection......
it's not like that,
They have targeted our satellites..So we should also build and target their satellites...
In ur case..
India has not targeted any type of submarines or ships or missiles or any other things..

Btw...how about Collins Class submarines from Australia...?? We have good relations with them and possibly can utilize it...any suggestions...??

Cheers!!!

No neither we can afford a collin class submarine nor we need this .option circle among type 209, andrasta class ula class only .among them most probability is type 209.

No neither we can afford a collin class submarine nor we need this .option circle among type 209, andrasta class ula class only .among them most probability is type 209.

Well, my logic behind collins class was...there are mainly no other operators other then Australia...and the subs will take time to enter BN and therefore, by then we may ask for one from AN, given our PM just spoke about ONE submarine...i know its costly, but its worth it...

Just my 2 cent...

Cheers!!!

Well, my logic behind collins class was...there are mainly no other operators other then Australia...and the subs will take time to enter BN and therefore, by then we may ask for one from AN, given our PM just spoke about ONE submarine...i know its costly, but its worth it...
Just my 2 cent...
Cheers!!!
When did the PM said about only one submarine? It is a plural number she said of. See below:

Wed, Dec 29th, 2010 6:14 pm

Chittagong, Dec 29 (bdnews24.com) — Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged the navy to remain alert and fend off any aggression on Bangladesh's waters.

"The navy will be developed further to stop intrusion of foreign ships," said Hasina on Wednesday.

Sheikh Hasina also said the government is considering inclusion of submarines.

When did the PM said about only one submarine? It is a plural number she said of. See below:

Wed, Dec 29th, 2010 6:14 pm

Chittagong, Dec 29 (bdnews24.com) — Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged the navy to remain alert and fend off any aggression on Bangladesh's waters.

"The navy will be developed further to stop intrusion of foreign ships," said Hasina on Wednesday.

Sheikh Hasina also said the government is considering inclusion of submarines.

Ah, sorry...then my bad. But if i recall, i saw somewhere about one submarine...anyways, never mind...!!

Cheers!!!

so after long debate, what have you people decided??

BD is going to purchase submarines or not?? :D

Back
Top Bottom