What's new

BD to Purchase Submarines

so after long debate, what have you people decided??

BD is going to purchase submarines or not?? :D

The decision by the BD posters on the forum is to buy the Subs yesterday unanimously.

I think BD should collect ready made or old sub. If we order then it will take time. I think BD ordered for sub during the last Turkey PM's visit.

I am saying it again, I far I can remember I heard BD will collect or buy old sub from Pakistan. Does any one heard like this ever?

It may be like this. BD may lease or purchase an used submarine immediately after building a hided base somewhere along our long coastline. After the initial training from the the seller country, BD navy will learn more about operations, maneuvering etc. with the use of this one. By this time, the new ones will arrive.

BD govt is keen to protect its sea lanes as well as its sea boundary. This is why it is pursuing the purchase of 3 Frigates, a number of naval helicopters and the submarines. It has already purchased a survey ship already.

BD policy seems to me is to prevent a neighbour from pursuing any adventurism in the BoB. BD Navy has only recently forced an Australian survey ship, authorized by the GoI, to leave the place, which does not belong to India. Read the partial quote below:

Territorial tangle casts shadow on Santos’ Bay of Bengal block
Utpal Bhaskar, utpal.b@livemint.com
New Delhi

The Indian government plans to suspend the contractual obligations of Australian explorer Santos Ltd’s subsidiary relating to its block in the Bay of Bengal because it has been unable to resolve a maritime boundary dispute with Bangladesh, said people familiar with the matter.

The Bangladesh Navy has repeatedly denied Santos International Operations Pty Ltd access to its NEC-DWN-2004/2 block in the northern Bay of Bengal, said the people, who didn’t want to be named.

Last edited:
What is the current status of the Bangladesh navy these days? In terms of strength, based on comparisons with navies of other countries in South Asia.

Not hope its almost confirm we are getting submarine in 2019. .:cheers:

I dont like the digit 9... i prefer 3 or even 4...;)

What i just hope is that...even for the sake of getting votes and gaining trust of the navy, if hasina buys 2 subz before her term gets over...i ll be more than happy for BN...

Cheers!!!

I read some where that its construction has already began in kaptai/teknaf area .:cool:

Great if it is true...still i would say it would be great if you can post the article or link from where you took the info....thanks....

Cheers!!!

I read some where that its construction has already began in kaptai/teknaf area .:cool:

Kaptai??? so you take the sabmarie in the mountain??? LOL
Teknaf is out of question as even Nasaka morter will take that base out. its too close to the border.

Back
Top Bottom