What's new

BD to Purchase Submarines

Sources continue to state that the BN will procure diesel-electric attack submarines (SSK) from China. The latest information suggests that up to US$1B has been provided for the program. AMI believes that two used Chinese Song class SSKs could be the candidates for this program. Bangladesh is reportedly training submarine crews in Turkey.
Assuming that the US$1B funding figure is correct, this could entail the purchase of two used Song class followed by two new construction submarines after 2020, possibly the Yuan class.
http://www.imdexasia.com/pdfs/AMI-Naval-Mkt-HN-March2013.pdf

Ya but which one was it again? I can't seem to remember..Ming class?

Oh and arp just went back to pink.

Type035B sub

song class means type039sub, well that is good attack sub.
it has a good story: On October 26, 2006, a Chinese Song class submarine is said to have "popped up" and "surfaced within firing range of its torpedoes and missiles before being detected" within 5 nautical miles (9 km) of the carrier USS Kitty Hawk while she was operating in the Pacific Ocean. :D

2 Song class subs, that's the worst possible pick, these are a direct build on onto the Romeo (Chinese variant Ming) class, but they will be re-lifed.

it has 3 variants: type039 , type039G and type39G1

A severely back-dated sub.

Not worth it.

AIP is mandatory:D(my opinion)

Type035B is newly built variant which joined in chinese navy in between 2000-2003

it has 3 variants: type039 , type039G and type39G1

Type035B is newly built variant which joined in chinese navy in between 2000-2003

Oh mere bhai, limited additions to an outdated design do not make it appreciably different.

Directly jump to the Yuan, will serve you better specially if the Pakistani posters were right and Myanmar goes for the Agostas.

2 Song class subs, that's the worst possible pick, these are a direct build on onto the Romeo (Chinese variant Ming) class, but they will be re-lifed.

They should do for starters.

They aren't that bad.

One even managed to troll an American carrier once.

2 Yuans after 020 are promising though, enough to have a decent sub-surface arm.

I hear they are very quiet.

Still doesn't change the fact.

One goes the best available. Not the second best.

They should do for starters.

They aren't that bad.

One even managed to troll an American carrier once.

I hear they are very quiet.

You can troll a carrier with a romeo too if the sub-driver is gutsy and uses the warmer water layers to do the sub justice. Will not work too well if you run up against a P8A flying alongside, then its lights out.

Back
Top Bottom