What's new

BD forecast to be fastest growing large developing economy by IMF till 2026

is that an Erhu?

It makes such wonderful emotional notes...masterful performance....

On topic - many media outlets in Bangladesh are infiltrated by Indian media influencers. Because of cultural similarity - this has always been easy to do.

But there are counter trends in Bangladesh happening, we can see it already.

Western/Indian media influence will decrease with time and cultural ties and bonds between Chinese and Bangladeshi people will deepen.

Indian media influence will fade faster than Western influence, because of how people are currently educated in English medium schools. Higher class and business leaders are all educated in Western Universities, especially in the US.

Many young folks are however studying Mandarin and going to study in Chinese universities.

Welcome to China

Guzheng and Erhu

is that an Erhu?

It makes such wonderful emotional notes...masterful performance....

On topic - many media outlets in Bangladesh are infiltrated by Indian media influencers. Because of cultural similarity - this has always been easy to do.

But there are counter trends in Bangladesh happening, we can see it already.

Western/Indian media influence will decrease with time and cultural ties and bonds between Chinese and Bangladeshi people will deepen.

Indian media influence will fade faster than Western influence, because of how people are currently educated in English medium schools. Higher class and business leaders are all educated in Western Universities, especially in the US.

Many young folks are however studying Mandarin and going to study in Chinese universities.
yes :yahoo: it is Erhu .

When the epidemic is over, you are welcome to travel to China to see the real China, :smitten: and I hope that we Chinese will travel more to Bangladesh to promote exchanges and development between the two countries.

Whatever you say about IMF projections, our @UKBengali jumps at whatever IMF says for the BD future. He thinks IMF writes economics Bibles all the time.

Yes, this kind of colorful projection will continue until the day when BD fails to pay back the international loans with interest.

Again please pick up a GCSE Maths book and do some hard studying.

Let us look at total public foreign debt to revenue collection ratio over the last 10 years for BD:

2010: 1.1
2020: 1.3

Now let us compare this to countries like Pakistan:

Pakistan(2020): 1.9

Remeber that Pakistan was above a ratio of 2 a few years ago when it initially could not back back it's foreign loans. So from Pakistan's example BD needs to get to around a ratio of 2 to get into difficulty and BD is nowhere near this figure now or showing any signs of getting there this decade.

With the further development of developing countries, the share of developed countries in Europe and the United States in the world economy is rapidly decreasing. This change will make the world more equal, and the days of developed countries plundering developing countries by virtue of their first-mover advantage will come to an end.

Hopefully, as the economic power and military strength of developing countries rise, they can take back the power of speech and media from the West. The West is now using these powers to gain too much political, economic and technological advantage.

The media in various countries are filled with Western views, and we don't see the views of developing countries like Bangladesh, Indonesia, Thailand, Africa, Iran, Turkey, China, etc. in our own countries. It seems like only the West exists in this world.

It's really sad, I can hardly find a voice from Bangladesh in China, even by search engines, and the same thing happens in all developing countries. Developing countries understand each other by western descriptions, not by developing countries' self descriptions.

I use this piece of music to represent this mood

That’s a bias. Western media is as diverse as sands in ocean. It’s not a single voice. There is a stat Germany alone has 16,000 popular magazines. By the way: beautiful music I like it. If not the conflict I think CN would be the most favorable nation.
We are so close at the same time we are so far.

Welcome to China

Guzheng and Erhu
Chinese girls have the best black hair. So smooth

When the epidemic is over, you are welcome to travel to China to see the real China, :smitten: and I hope that we Chinese will travel more to Bangladesh to promote exchanges and development between the two countries.

Man you guys are pumping out these things faster than other countries can plan for them. Amazing.

Many, many Thanks for the invite.

In the US China-culture lovers are known as "Sinophile". I am sure I qualify. :-)

Yes one day I will make that trip on the way home from the West Coast of the US. Stop in Beijing, see the great wall and all the sights.

That’s a bias. Western media is as diverse as sands in ocean. It’s not a single voice. There is a stat Germany alone has 16,000 popular magazines. By the way: beautiful music I like it. If not the conflict I think CN would be the most favorable nation.

The rise of western media was concurrent with greater living standards and disposable income, as well as time available for interests other than work, this happened mainly because of unequal trade with Asia.

If you don't know how to make a toothbrush in the 1920's, the west would have take advantage of you and sell you one for the equivalent of $5 back then, making their high wages possible in Europe. While if you knew how in Asia, you could have made one yourself for $0.15. In the 18th and 19th centuries Asians did not make a lot of value-added manufactured goods to sell to Europe and even if they did, they could not get enough money for those things sold. The West was richer because they held a monopoly in manufacturing most manufactured items. This changed and reversed largely starting in the 1980's. However since EU and US were richer, they could afford a richer lifestyle full of luxury options and leisure time left for reading magazines.

Now today in 2021 - there are scarce few things (maybe chips, high tech items are some) Germany or US makes that China does not make. China is even making the equivalent of the Boeing 787. Give me an example of anything and I will explain, Asia completely cut off will be able to survive exchanging goods with each other, for example, Bangladesh exporting pharma items to Vietnam and Vietnam exporting plastic items and Samsung cellphone parts to Bangladesh. But China is here to stay. Long term, no Asian country will do well making adversarial relations with China.

Last edited:
Yes, you are right, I personally think dividing one sound into a million parts, that is also one sound . Travel more around the world, especially those countries that are attacked by the West, those countries that are ignored or looked down upon by the West.This is how we can know the more real world.

Man you guys are pumping out these things faster than other countries can plan for them. Amazing.
As long as a country concentrates on building, without the interference of foreign forces, such as various NGOs, media, and speculative capital, the construction speed is fast. But if there are all kinds of NGOs, capital media, foreign powers through the media, scholars, politicians to incite public opinion, then the construction speed will be very slow.

Referring to the speed of China's construction, if the world is unified into one country, even if technology stops, according to the current level of technology, it will only take 30 years to build the world into the current China. Just like in the video below.

Building this kind of city, in fact, does not take so long, a dozen years is enough

Many, many Thanks for the invite.

In the US China-culture lovers are known as "Sinophile". I am sure I qualify. :-)

Yes one day I will make that trip on the way home from the West Coast of the US. Stop in Beijing, see the great wall and all the sights.
I personally don't like Beijing. Shenzhen, Xiamen, Chengdu, Chongqing, Changsha is good. Shenzhen and Xiamen are very much like Bangladesh in terms of geography and can learn from each other in terms of development.

It's also fun to go to a desert city

I recently watched this video about Bangladesh

Last edited:
Bangladesh might be under water by 2030

All coastal cities in the subcontinent and cities which lie beside rivers are under climate change threat (inundation, flooding) as well as global warming (scarce availability of water). The latter is not so far a problem in Bangladesh.

Flooding prone areas include not only cities in Bangladesh but all over India (Kolkata, Chennai, Odisha coast) and Pakistan (Karachi). Heck, Germany was flooded this summer.

But this is not a thread to discuss this, let's not hijack the thread.

639886-FLOOD%20HAZARD%20MAP%20%E2%80%93%20PAKISTAN.png

2.png

MF_0103A.gif

The rise of western media was concurrent with greater living standards and disposable income, as well as time available for interests other than work, this happened mainly because of unequal trade with Asia.

If you don't know how to make a toothbrush in the 1920's, the west would have take advantage of you and sell you one for the equivalent of $5 back then, making their high wages possible in Europe. While if you knew how in Asia, you could have made one yourself for $0.15. In the 18th and 19th centuries Asians did not make a lot of value-added manufactured goods to sell to Europe and even if they did, they could not get enough money for those things sold. The West was richer because they held a monopoly in manufacturing most manufactured items. This changed and reversed largely starting in the 1980's. However since EU and US were richer, they could afford a richer lifestyle full of luxury options and leisure time left for reading magazines.

Now today in 2021 - there are scarce few things (maybe chips, high tech items are some) Germany or US makes that China does not make. China is even making the equivalent of the Boeing 787. Give me an example of anything and I will explain, Asia completely cut off will be able to survive exchanging goods with each other, for example, Bangladesh exporting pharma items to Vietnam and Vietnam exporting plastic items and Samsung cellphone parts to Bangladesh. But China is here to stay. Long term, no Asian country will do well making adversarial relations with China.
it’s a misunderstanding. trades between developed countries are far greater than between developed countries and less fortunate nations. The rich doesn’t rely on the poor. They hardly need poor buyers. What they need is natural resources. It’s hard to accept but a fact.
The dominant of western media has to do with rise of education level in the west, nothing with brain washing.

it’s a misunderstanding. trades between developed countries are far greater than between developed countries and less fortunate nations. The rich doesn’t rely on the poor. They hardly need poor buyers. What they need is natural resources. It’s hard to accept but a fact.
The dominant of western media has to do with rise of education level in the west, nothing with brain washing.

I will respectfully disagree.

In the 17th to 19th centuries, Western nations (not rich then) exploited Asian nations (now poor) for one reason, access to natural resources, such as rubber, tin, iron ore etc. The reason why Asian nations got poor starting in 18th to 20th century was because of colonial exploitation by Western nations.

I cannot believe we are even arguing about this, Everyone knows this. Ask any history professor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom