What's new

BD almost catches up with India in GDP PPP per capita

UKBengali

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
BD was at around 75% of India's level 15 years ago and so BD economy has been growing consistently quicker. Also notice that by 2027 BD will be at 3/4 of Sri Lankan level according to IMF forecast.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 08.26.00.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 18.33.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 18.33.16.png
    51 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
It is per capita PPP and so BD government data is not used as it compares the relative cost of a basket of goods and services across countries.

Totally destroys the arguments of trolls who keep insisting that BD "fakes" its data.

I don’t think your explanation will persuade him.

He even questions the export and import numbers and even the dollar reserves 🤣🤣🤣

My dear @UKBengali, India's fE reserves are more than $524 billion and it is only $27 billion for Bangladesh.

Go to India, you will see goods are quite cheaper than it is in BD. It means whatever may be the fictitious strength of BD Taka, it cannot purchase more goods than can the Indian currency buy when converted into dollars.

So, why do you think BD has almost caught India? Please enjoy the video below to understand the first line of national economics. Whatever way you try to color the BAL party in good light, the reality is this BAL govt has destroyed the future economy of BD for which our people work so hard.

@Indos bro

Why there is no Indian member commenting on this thread ?

Tumne bulaya aur hum chale aaye, jaan hatheli par le laye!

@UKBengali

UKB dada,

Please name the countries which are the first, second and third rows please

Regards

@Indos bro

Tumne bulaya aur hum chale aaye, jaan hatheli par le laye!

@UKBengali

UKB dada,

Please name the countries which are the first, second and third rows please

Regards

Edited my opening post.:p:

To be fair most Indian members are now accepting that BD data is correct. That is the same with Pakistanis.

The bizarre thing is that there are more than a few BD'shis that still insist that BD produces fake GDP data when even all the major economic forecasters like IMF, ADB and World Bank accept it.

My dear @UKBengali, India's fE reserves are more than $524 billion and it is only $27 billion for Bangladesh.

Go to India, you will see goods are quite cheaper than it is in BD. It means whatever may be the fictitious strength of BD Taka, it cannot purchase more goods than can the Indian currency buy when converted into dollars.

So, why do you think BD has almost caught India? Please enjoy the video below to understand the first line of national economics. Whatever way you try to color the BAL party in good light, the reality is this BAL govt has destroyed the future economy of BD for which our people work so hard.

The best economist and universities are on our doorstep!

Listened to Nobel winning people in person…

And you want us to watch an YouTube video of a nobody?

Aukat much?

@UKBengali

Thanks UKB dada for the legend.

The bizarre thing is that there are more than a few BD'shis that still insist that BD produces fake GDP data

Well, its more politics than economics I suspect. They are all anti BAL guys I suppose. It works both ways- I am sure you will find many Indians (Congis. Commies and Aaptards mainly) who will happily accept that not only BD but even Somalia are having twice the GDP per capita of India.

Regards

Edited my opening post.:p:

To be fair most Indian members are now accepting that BD data is correct. That is the same with Pakistanis.

The bizarre thing is that there are more than a few BD'shis that still insist that BD produces fake GDP data when even all the major economic forecasters like IMF, ADB and World Bank accept it.

For them personal grudges and party loyalty trumps truth and patriotism.

@BananaRepublicUK

Kola bhai,

For them personal grudges and party loyalty trumps truth and patriotism.

Yes. And you can a good example of that from our bros from West of the Wagah border. Many of them will be happy to see Pak go down the tube like Lanka just to spite the "Imported" govt.

Regards

It is per capita PPP and so BD government data is not used as it compares the relative cost of a basket of goods and services across countries.

Totally destroys the arguments of trolls who keep insisting that BD "fakes" its data.

If BD opens up its economy further and keeps its progress in import substitution PPP will grow further.

However PPP is an arbitrary measure whilst GDP per capita is the true measure that all economist relies on and is the basis of sovereign rating.

BD has exceeded India but that is irrelevant, we need to keep our focus on our true peers such as indonesia and seek to replicate their success.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom