What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Pakistani forum. We believe Indian security forces in Indian Occupied J&K are occupying forces that commit atrocities on non-combatants for political gain, which, when done by individuals not wearing a uniform, are typically referred to as terrorism.

If, as a Pakistani forum, we backtrack on our position on Indian security forces in IoJK to appease Indian sensibilities, what's next?

A demand that we refer to IoJK as the 'Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir' and accept that it (along with Azad Kashmir and GB) is a part of India because not doing so 'offends Indian sensibilities'?

A demand that we start banning maps that do not comply with the Indian government's maps of J&K?

Banning racial slurs has no bearing on Pakistan's foreign policy positions, especially Pakistan's position on Jammu & Kashmir and on the actions of Indian Security forces in Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir.

The use of 'terrorism' to describe the actions of Indian security forces in IoJK is not meant to be a slur - that is literally what Pakistan and many Pakistanis believe is occurring in IoJK and has been occurring for decades.

LOL.

I can only laugh at the use of a loaded and emotive word with the justification that has been given.
Not that I wish to contradict such a transparently clear and logical explanation.

A gentleman from Nigeria stepped into a London bank and asked to cash a cheque. The cashier examined it, found it in good order, and asked the gentleman to sign it on the back, and she would give him the money."Oh, that won't be necessary; just give me the money", said he."I'm sorry, Sir, but we need you to sign", she told him. "No, you're wrong, it's complete,and you can give me the money", he insisted. The queue behind was growing, and the cashier was getting worried. Fortunately for her, the bank manager happened to be nearby, and landed up to rescue her."I'll take care of this. Please come with me, Sir", he said to the client, and took him away to his private office, ushered him inside, and locked the door. He turned and sank his fist into the Nigerian's stomach. The man doubled over and fell to the floor."Sign the cheque", said the manager, and extended his arm to help him up. The Nigerian stood up with difficulty, eyes glazed with the pain, and got a quick uppercut to the chin. He fell down again."Sign the cheque", said the manager, and kicked his client in the ribs.
After a few minutes of this, he picked up the client, patted him on the shoulder, and asked,"Will there be anything more, Sir?" "Oh, no, it's perfectly all right", wheezed the Nigerian, hobbling out.
The cashier was shocked to see him in that badly bruised, battered state. "I'm so sorry to see you like this, Sir", she said, sympathetically.
"Oh, that's perfectly all right" said the man, signing the cheque on the back,"It's just that nobody explained this to me so clearly before".

Stories, stories, such a waste of time. Now where was I? Oh, right, first a ticket to Lucknow, to kiss the rather repulsive posterior of a Yogi turned Chief Minister. He's right to call Muslims foul names, and treat them in beastly fashion; when he calls that community an unspeakable name, it isn't meant to be a slur, it is literally what UP and a majority of Bhaiyyas believe is true and has been true for some centuries. Silly me; I thought they were bigots all this time; it's just that nobody explained this to me so clearly before.

There's this international flight I have to catch after that; to Kathmandu, then to the Northern Capital to meet Yogi Bear. He's right to extinguish the culture of his north-west province, and treat them in beastly fashion; it isn't meant to be insulting, it is literally what his country and his ethnic group believe is true and has been true for some centuries. Ah, well, I found out in time; better late than never, it's just that nobody explained this to me so clearly before.

So you are right, after all, Suriya, and Gadkari/AndhaDhun/whatever Vague thing you call yourself currently, and Sarthak Ganguly, and the whole host of bogeys I fought so needlessly for so long.

"It's the majority, stupid, and keep your cocked-up thinking to yourself". Nobody explained this to me so clearly before.

I can't see an issue with Gangadeshi (vs Gangudeshi), which literally translates to inhabitants of the Ganga.

Not sure what the others think.

D'accord, Monsieur.

LOL.

Damn! @Hachiman, you've been watching closely, too closely. Now it seems necessary to watch every word one is writing.
I used the slipshod too for my advantage and violated forum rules( before the new forum rules & guidelines, the ban on use of asterisks was explicitly mentioned). I sneakily misused that but after becoming a title holder, I had to changed; change if not for myself, then for others. Besides, simplicity and straightforwardness in conversations is in a way the best sophistication.

WHAT were you doing, eyeing Maamis so closely? @Hachiman, look at this little deleted asterisk.

Let every man skin his own skunk. Cut that dude some some slack. A man does not live by bread alone.:p::angel:;)

I used the slipshod too for my advantage and violated forum rules( before the new forum rules & guidelines, the ban on use of asterisks was explicitly mentioned). I sneakily misused that but after becoming a title holder, I had to changed; change if not for myself, then for others. Besides, simplicity and straightforwardness in conversations is in a way the best sophistication.

Let every man skin his own skunk. Cut that dude some some slack. A man does not live by bread alone.:p::angel:;)

You need to get involved more, in the general ruck. It's fun when you're around.

As per usual sir, you have nailed this one.

Indeed, the term "India" is fallaciously and malevolently associated to a contrived historical context by the same agenda enablers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/...californias-india-history-curriculum.amp.html

Got to hand it to you, @Indus Pakistan.

You've got a formidable following! a big fan club.

Brother; i have always been insisting that this is the war of narratives. And if you look closely; which i am sure you are aware of, but not so much our other good brothers, who take Indians at their face value... sigh. Anyhow coming to the point. Hue and cry on international map, which even shows Azad Kashmir all the way to GB as India, from LOC to annexation, and now new drum beating on GB. Notice how by default Pakistanis have started using Pakistan's map that only includes Pakistan administrated regions. And here some of our brothers are concerned that snow flakes shouldn't feel offended in any regard. They feel offended when we discuss indian occupation of Kashmir and how their terrorist army is killing freedom fighters. Also, when we discuss how they are treating Indian muslims, sikhs, women, lower castes in their country. Go to the threads that were opened recently to discuss the deplorable condition of Indian muslims and see how those threads were hijacked by good indians; by going off topic, after initial few posts most of the users take their bait and start discussing something else completely. But since it's all brushed under forum rules it's all good. Again, these rules that are being implemented has to be followed, since there has to be a basic structure on which this forum can run. But again this is a war of narratives, our brothers are looking at it too narrowly.

Couldn't we summarise?

The only good Indian is a dead Indian.

The cowboys said it long before you.

What a rush, reading all that good stuff from the two zen masters and their two disciples. So there we are, Indus and - what's its name? - Ganga, and that sums up India, and actually explains why India is not a real word.

Just imagine; if I'd died at 68, I'd never have known all this, or that geography IS history. Wrong honours. As usual, when my ship came in, I was at the airport.

Couldn't we summarise?

The only good Indian is a dead Indian.

The cowboys said it long before you.

What a rush, reading all that good stuff from the two zen masters and their two disciples. So there we are, Indus and - what's its name? - Ganga, and that sums up India, and actually explains why India is not a real word.

Just imagine; if I'd died at 68, I'd never have known all this, or that geography IS history. Wrong honours. As usual, when my ship came in, I was at the airport.

Good to feel the rush; enjoy it till you have it. You won't have to wait too long before your own countrymen will make sure that you feel another kind of rush back at home. ;) cheers! :cheers:

Good to feel the rush; enjoy it till you have it. You won't have to wait too long before your own countrymen will make sure that you feel another kind of rush back at home. ;) cheers! :cheers:

Why wait that long? It's been like that from 2012 or so. Think this is new? You poor chap, I genuinely feel sorry for you. Seriously.

Why wait that long? It's been like that from 2012 or so. Think this is new? You poor chap, I genuinely feel sorry for you. Seriously.

It's dripping down the nostrils, keep licking it and imagine it's all good. At least we both are consistent our views. From 2014 till now; we both know what has changed, constant thumps of tabla... the sweet rhythm. I say enjoy and i wish you guys another term of modi ;)

It's dripping down the nostrils, keep licking it and imagine it's all good. At least we both are consistent our views. From 2014 till now; we both know what has changed, constant thumps of tabla... the sweet rhythm. I say enjoy and i wish you guys another term of modi ;)

He won't get another term; their rules forbid it. From 2014 to now, the Sangh Parivar has come to power. Do you know why? Do you want to know why? Or do you just want to sit on the sidelines rubbing your hands in glee and winking at everyone, before you get splashed by a passing motor and sit there rueing a perfectly good day lost forever?

Those were serious questions; I hope you answer.

PS: and don't try to provoke me. It won't work, and I'll tell you why. It's because I'm sitting here smiling at you. It is not a sarcastic smile; whether you believe it or not, it is an affectionate smile. I know that is hard to handle; live with it.

He won't get another term; their rules forbid it. From 2014 to now, the Sangh Parivar has come to power. Do you know why? Do you want to know why? Or do you just want to sit on the sidelines rubbing your hands in glee and winking at everyone, before you get splashed by a passing motor and sit there rueing a perfectly good day lost forever?

Those were serious questions; I hope you answer.

PS: and don't try to provoke me. It won't work, and I'll tell you why. It's because I'm sitting here smiling at you. It is not a sarcastic smile; whether you believe it or not, it is an affectionate smile. I know that is hard to handle; live with it.

Hahaha if feel pity for you; i really do. You had this confidence years ago as well, and i predicted what this lot is gonna do to your artificial federation. You mumbled similarly, and here we are today. You can all try to spin and then pin your country's misery on whatever factors. Won't change the fact that a terror organization is ruling your country, and will take another term again. And that's the end of discussion right there. Now you can play flute in paradise and tell me how you are smiling; i want you to feel comfort in the fact that i am smiling back.

If I do I never intended for it. I have a outlook that I shared. If I found some takers for it. Good. But that is secondary. I enjoy thinking aloud my ideas. Spent a lifetime chasing career, money etc

All this is driven by something else. Can't figure out what exactly ...

Self-actualisation.

The peak of the Maslow hierarchy.

I envy you.

Hahaha if feel pity for you; i really do. You had this confidence years ago as well, and i predicted what this lot is gonna do to your artificial federation. You mumbled similarly, and here we are today. You can all try to spin and then pin your country's misery on whatever factors. Won't change the fact that a terror organization is ruling your country, and will take another term again. And that's the end of discussion right there. Now you can play flute in paradise and tell me how you are smiling; i want you to feel comfort in the fact that i am smiling back.

If you are smiling that is good enough. No other reactions needed. :D

The armed forces are just following the protocol set forth by GOI-(Boundaries/LOC-demarcated by the GOI not the armed forces) Its their job to protect the nation from outside and inside threat- They are only doing their job- No
So massacring, raping, torturing and maiming civilians is something that they are ordered to do by the Indian military command & government I assume.

Much like Osama Bin Laden and Baghdadi gave the orders to the foot soldiers of Al Qaeda & ISIS to carry out attacks on innocent civilians.

Haven’t seen anyone stop calling the foot soldiers of ISIS or AQ ‘terrorists’.

@Joe Shearer

If not terrorism, what word would you prefer to use for acts of murder, maiming, torture & rape perpetrated by Indian Security Forces upon a population occupied through force?

Your comparison with Yogi and his band of bigots is a good one, except that you mixed up the actors. Yogi is just another extension or political side of the terrorism perpetrated by India - Muslims, whether directly in IoJK or indirectly through Yogi’s hatemongering in India, are the victims in both cases.

But you would prefer that we just sugarcoat the atrocities by Indian Security forces in IoJK because ... because why? A uniform?

Instead of going after us for calling a spade a spade, take it up with the Indian political leadership as to why honorable men in the Indian military uniform are being made to do dishonorable things in IoJK.

I want to here to give a insight into how the use of 'Ganga' became conspicious in my posts here and other fora. When I was young lad in 1970s I was a voracious reader. I must have read my entire school library which was huge and had vintage books even from 1890s. History, politics and geography appealed to my nature. One book I read was from series called the 'geography of the world'. One book from the series was on the Indian Sub-continent. All books were written by experts who knew and had lived in the regions the book covered.

The book on Indian sub-continent had sections and covered differant geographic region in the sub-continent and was by a professor of geography who had lived and travelled over the sub-continent pre 1947 during British rule. He knew intimately the 'lay of the land'. Differant sections covered regions with eacxh region sub-divided. He covered the Indus basin as one unit including it's hinterlands like Balochistan. The criterion for each region was complex. It involved river basin or what is called a catchment area, [that is a region where all the rainfal aggregates and discharges or drains into one river system] temperature, precipitation, koppen climate classification etc and all this was supported with fantastic graphs and maps including photo 'plates'. The quality and detail was exquisite.

Ganga river basin was treated entirely separately. So was Southern India or Deccan as he called it. Overlaid on this was ethnic maps and details with histories of each section. This book went to inform my undestanding of South Asia. Since then of course I read more books. I loved reading "Where the Indus is young" by Dervala Murphy back in early 1980s. Along the way books by Imran Khan like 'Indus Journey' and the what to me was the magnus opus ~ Indus Saga by Aitzaz Ahsan.

However over the last two decades particularly since the last I have noticed a deliberate attempt to conjoin or make twins of Indus River and Ganga River*. Despite the fact that both flow in opposite direction, disharge in entire differant seas, go through entirely differant geographies and climates. Terms like Indo-Gangatic plain have been peddled to conflate these two disparate river systems. Of course this was driven by a agenda and fueled by Indians. To refuse or undo 1947, tout the Akhand Bharat myth.

So my antidote to this malevolence was Ganga-desh. Which sums up most of India nicely. River Ganga is holy and central to Hindu faith. Varanasi or Kumb Mela are testament to this fact. Majority of India's massive population of nearly 1.4 billion live on the Ganga basin. Thus Ganga-desh I believe beautifully captures the essence of India.

Where there is Ganga we have the Indus. A river as if not more critical to the very existence of Pakistan. Without this river most of Pakistan would turn into bare bone desert and the country would starve. Most of Pakistan sits on the eastern flank of the dry arid zone that begins west in Morrocco to Algeria to Egypt to Iraq to UAE to Oman to souther Iran to Pakistan with small sliver even extending into Indian Rajasthan.

In addition Indus unites the entire length of Pakistan. It melds all our provinces and all our ethnic peoples. So in conclusion please don't ban a geographic term of diffrantiation.

*Google Indus Basin and you will see this deliberate attempt to conflate Indus with Ganga particularly on Wikipedia articles.

This.

Ganga and gangadesh etc should not be on this list. It smells of a little holier than thou by the admins.

What about the word Baniya?

I have 2 negative ratings for that

Its not even correct.

Abd means slave.

Abdul is just "slave of".

Its an open ended thing so i don't mind. Still does not explain why i have 2 negative ratings for it while Indians can literally throw the most vile abuse at each other.

I even explained baniya is a profession but ironically apke Joe was busy trying to portray my new profile as Green Bakht which he uses for Islamic terrorism.

Seriously close this thread before i start taking interest in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom