Status
Not open for further replies.

AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear Members,

After some discussion and review, PDF staff has unanimously decided to ban the use of the following words on the forum:

Porkistan (or derivatives like Porkistani, Porki):
Reason: Derogatory reference to Pakistan & Pakistanis

Gangu and it's derivatives like 'Gangustan':
Reason: A native or inhabitant of Gangetic plains (River Ganges in India).
Often used by Pakistanis as a racial slur. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Madrassa Chaap:
Reason: Derogatory reference for Muslims/Pakistanis.

50 Cent Army:
Reason: Derogatory term used for China/Chinese

Pajeet:
Reason: A slang / racial slur for a smelly dirty curry drinking hairy Indian that poos in the loo. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Ghaati:
Reason: A derogatory term used to describe people of the maharashtrian descent or maharashtra region in India. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Jihadi (by non-Muslims):
Reason: The word Jihad in Islam means 'to struggle' whereas Jihadi used as a derogatory reference to Muslims, conflated in contemporary culture with terrorists.

Bangu , Bangler , Bangla lala land , Bongoli
Reason: Derogatory terms used for Bangladeshis

If ANY of our members come across any other words that have a derogatory meaning, please let the forum staff know so we can review. We have members from around the world here, reflecting different cultures, so we need your assistance in identifying, understanding and banning derogatory words.

Thanks

Last edited:
I think there's no point in getting personal with anyone, debate in a respectable manner.

Gangu dweller, Bharti scum is another slang used by members.

Sir plz include mullah, jihadi too. They are used as derogatory words for Muslims
I agree with banning the term Jihadi - it is used often to describe terrorists or as a derogatory reference to Muslims, and is a bastardization of the term Jihad in Islam which references a lot more than just a violent struggle

Dear Members,

After some discussion and review, PDF staff has unanimously decided to ban the use of the following words on the forum:

Pajeet:

Reason: A slang / racial slur for a smelly dirty curry drinking hairy Indian that poos in the loo. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Ghaati:

Reason: A derogatory term used to describe people of the maharashtrian descent or maharashtra region in India. (Per Urban Dictionary)

If ANY of our members come across any other words that have a derogatory meaning, please let the forum staff know so we can review. We have members from around the world here, reflecting different cultures, so we need your assistance in identifying, understanding and banning derogatory words.

Thanks
How about you do the following:

1) Review this list, to include derogatory terms that are used against Pakistanis, Muslims, Arabs & Chinese.

2) Lock this thread, and restrict it to admin staff only, OR keep updating the OP?

These are actually good words especially Jihadi just like Islamist which should be very Muslim.
It is the context in which it is used. Jihad mean's 'to struggle', whereas Jihadi is used nowadays as a derogatory reference for Muslims, and is often used to refer to terrorists.

Is the correct term Mujahid or Jihadi?

How about you do the following:

1) Review this list, to include derogatory terms that are used against Pakistanis, Muslims, Arabs & Chinese.

2) Lock this thread, and restrict it to admin staff only, OR keep updating the OP?
I would like to keep the thread open to get suggestions for any additional words.

I and the other moderators and admins can keep updating the OP as we determine that there are other words that could be banned.

I haven't heard of any of them, and I don't know what they mean.
Is it a failure?:flame:

Dear Members,

Pajeet:

Ghaati:

Jihadi:

Reason: The word Jihad in Islam means 'to struggle' whereas Jihadi used as a derogatory reference to Muslims, conflated in contemporary culture with terrorists.

Thanks
Sorry sorry Sorry. What?

So if I wish to distinguish IVC descendants from Gangetic plains descendants, I can no longer do so? You can't ban all derivatives of "Gangu". Clearly its derivatives can be used in a descriptive manner. Likewise, "jihadi" can be used appropriately by Muslims and even plausibly by non-muslims.

Blanket banning is the error here.

Cases should simply be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine true context, intonation and intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom