What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you give me some examples?
Gangadeshis are inhabitants and/or descendants of the tribes of the Gangetic floodplains.

The majestic ululations of domesticated pachyderms billow intermittently across the Gangetic plains, while the children of the erstwhile Indus Valley Civilisation make footfall on bare earth, watching and listening to the goings on yonder in simple wonderment. A day may yet come when the children of the noble Indus and her tributaries have a need or desire to tame the grand beast, and when that day comes, they shall beseech the Gangetics for their wise and ethereal counsel on such matters.

@Mangus Ortus Novem our friends in the moderation team asked for examples of erudite usage of "Gangu" or its derivatives. Would you add anything?

Gangadeshis are inhabitants and/or descendants of the tribes of the Gangetic floodplains.

The majestic ululations of domesticated pachyderms billow intermittently across the Gangetic plains, while the children of the erstwhile Indus Valley Civilisation make footfall on bare earth, watching and listening to the goings on yonder in simple wonderment. A day may yet come when the children of the noble Indus and her tributaries have a need or desire to tame the grand beast, and when that day comes, they shall beseech the Gangetics for their wise and ethereal counsel on such matters.

@Mangus Ortus Novem our friends in the moderation team asked for examples of erudite usage of "Gangu" or its derivatives. Would you add anything?
I can't see an issue with Gangadeshi (vs Gangudeshi), which literally translates to inhabitants of the Ganga.

Not sure what the others think.

Are English cuss words banned? Urdu/Hindi cuss words? Any other language cuss words?

Are English cuss words banned? Urdu/Hindi cuss words? Any other language cuss words?
That will depend on the context.

Obviously they won't be acceptable if used to abuse other posters.

Learn something new everyday - Gangetics...thanks!

Your government is using terror and torture on civilians. Yours is a occupying force those Kashmiris don’t want you no matter how you spin it or what Government orders are given.
Lets stay on topic- I was responding to the OP- If you want to discuss your narrative, I am sure there are many such threads already running actively.

Dear Members,

After some discussion and review, PDF staff has unanimously decided to ban the use of the following words on the forum:

Porkistan (or derivatives like Porkistani, Porki):
Reason: Derogatory reference to Pakistan & Pakistanis

Gangu and it's derivatives like 'Gangustan':
Reason: A native or inhabitant of Gangetic plains (River Ganges in India).
Often used by Pakistanis as a racial slur. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Madrassa Chaap:
Reason: Derogatory reference for Muslims/Pakistanis.

50 Cent Army:
Reason: Derogatory term used for China/Chinese

Pajeet:
Reason: A slang / racial slur for a smelly dirty curry drinking hairy Indian that poos in the loo. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Ghaati:
Reason: A derogatory term used to describe people of the maharashtrian descent or maharashtra region in India. (Per Urban Dictionary)

Jihadi (by non-Muslims):
Reason: The word Jihad in Islam means 'to struggle' whereas Jihadi used as a derogatory reference to Muslims, conflated in contemporary culture with terrorists.

Bangu , Bangler , Bangla lala land , Bongoli
Reason: Derogatory terms used for Bangladeshis

If ANY of our members come across any other words that have a derogatory meaning, please let the forum staff know so we can review. We have members from around the world here, reflecting different cultures, so we need your assistance in identifying, understanding and banning derogatory words.

Thanks
If you truly wish to make this a space for serious discussions and attract high-quality posters, the culture of using any abusive term has to be removed.

For example, this extends to terms like 'chutiya', etc which are culturally common in the subcontinent and oft used between Pakistanis themselves. Once you make it culturally unacceptable for anyone to use any abusive terms on this forum, racially abusive words, etc will decline almost immediately and the average post quality will start rising steadily.

Beautiful.

Moving target for the MQM goblin artillery team?

You...of all people....pissed someone off? Never ever seen that happen.... shocked....shocked I say.

Lol

I must have really made an impact on his life.

I want to here to give a insight into how the use of 'Ganga' became conspicious in my posts here and other fora. When I was young lad in 1970s I was a voracious reader. I must have read my entire school library which was huge and had vintage books even from 1890s. History, politics and geography appealed to my nature. One book I read was from series called the 'geography of the world'. One book from the series was on the Indian Sub-continent. All books were written by experts who knew and had lived in the regions the book covered.

The book on Indian sub-continent had sections and covered differant geographic region in the sub-continent and was by a professor of geography who had lived and travelled over the sub-continent pre 1947 during British rule. He knew intimately the 'lay of the land'. Differant sections covered regions with eacxh region sub-divided. He covered the Indus basin as one unit including it's hinterlands like Balochistan. The criterion for each region was complex. It involved river basin or what is called a catchment area, [that is a region where all the rainfal aggregates and discharges or drains into one river system] temperature, precipitation, koppen climate classification etc and all this was supported with fantastic graphs and maps including photo 'plates'. The quality and detail was exquisite.

Ganga river basin was treated entirely separately. So was Southern India or Deccan as he called it. Overlaid on this was ethnic maps and details with histories of each section. This book went to inform my undestanding of South Asia. Since then of course I read more books. I loved reading "Where the Indus is young" by Dervala Murphy back in early 1980s. Along the way books by Imran Khan like 'Indus Journey' and the what to me was the magnus opus ~ Indus Saga by Aitzaz Ahsan.

However over the last two decades particularly since the last I have noticed a deliberate attempt to conjoin or make twins of Indus River and Ganga River*. Despite the fact that both flow in opposite direction, disharge in entire differant seas, go through entirely differant geographies and climates. Terms like Indo-Gangatic plain have been peddled to conflate these two disparate river systems. Of course this was driven by a agenda and fueled by Indians. To refuse or undo 1947, tout the Akhand Bharat myth.

So my antidote to this malevolence was Ganga-desh. Which sums up most of India nicely. River Ganga is holy and central to Hindu faith. Varanasi or Kumb Mela are testament to this fact. Majority of India's massive population of nearly 1.4 billion live on the Ganga basin. Thus Ganga-desh I believe beautifully captures the essence of India.

Where there is Ganga we have the Indus. A river as if not more critical to the very existence of Pakistan. Without this river most of Pakistan would turn into bare bone desert and the country would starve. Most of Pakistan sits on the eastern flank of the dry arid zone that begins west in Morrocco to Algeria to Egypt to Iraq to UAE to Oman to souther Iran to Pakistan with small sliver even extending into Indian Rajasthan.

In addition Indus unites the entire length of Pakistan. It melds all our provinces and all our ethnic peoples. So in conclusion please don't ban a geographic term of diffrantiation.

*Google Indus Basin and you will see this deliberate attempt to conflate Indus with Ganga particularly on Wikipedia articles.

Last edited:
Lord MasterChief,

I did post here earlier... anyhow....

The simplest and the most effective route
is to ask the good Indians what kind of words/phrases/terms they don't wish to be on PDF regarding them... that would solve all the 'issues'.

The thing is Gangetic Civilisation has Ganga as its foundational myth/truth....

When Brahma unleashed the HeavenlyWaters... the infant Earth would have drowned...then Shiva absorbed those HeavenlyWaters in a single strand of his locks... and only released from one hair..if I am not mistaken...

The Good people of Ganga/Gangetic Civilisation consider Ganga to be much, much more than a River
... even now some ministry of GoI has asked their researchers to research on GangaJal as cure for the KhooniVirus... goes on to show the Depth of Value that the good Indians attach to Ganga....

The word 'Gangu' then logically is a classification of the good people belonging to Gangetic Civilisation....

Peshawer... Peshaweri...

Lahore ... Lahori

Pind... Paindu...

Ganga...Gangu....

As you might be aware that French call Duistland something else... and you Britons call them Germany/Germans... Italian calls the Germania... So do the Chinese... they have different words for different countries/people in their own language.

That is the backdrop of the
previous usage of the now banned word 'Gangu'.... application of our own language to designate a country to our east as Gangudesh and its inhebitents as 'Gangus' ....

And this where it ends!

Since, the good Indians see it as a slur... hence, the Admin has decided to ban the usage of the word 'Gangu'...

Though I have seen the good Indians trying to call us Indurani ... personally, Indu would do.... in classical sense.

What is imperative for the moderation to, perhaps, consider that the Struggle between Indus and Ganga Civilisations has been quite Ancient ....could be seen in Vedas as well... where even IoJK is described as part of Indus Region....

Regardless, the NewRules need to be followed... and any term banned by the Admin/Moderation should automatically be xxxxxx so that it doesn't offend in anyway the good Indians here on PDF.

What is rather interesting is that the Momentum of History is accelerating... and we are at the edge of a fundamental, global change... as in the WesternDemocracies.... the rhetoric and emotions are naturally reacting the Existential Angst of the impeding Change.... I fear Conflict....wrote enough about it already.

From Unz to CNN...everywhere the comment sections inform us the actual subliminal thoughts/emtions....and the language used is quite interesting as well! Even at Dawn pages...the good Indians do express their feelings towards us with abandon!

These things will only accelerate...

It is a Noble Attempt to consider other people's feelings... why not!

Religious discussion are banned... so isn't it logical that all religious words be banned too? Wouldnt that make even a better environment?

The Idea of Pakistan is the Most Powerful Idea in the World... and Essence of Pakistan remains unchanged...

For the rest ...each to his own...

I have become BemusedObserver of things ...trying to remain in the Centre of the Circle @Ace of Spades

PakKashmiris are OurBlood.

Mangus

Brother; i have always been insisting that this is the war of narratives. And if you look closely; which i am sure you are aware of, but not so much our other good brothers, who take Indians at their face value... sigh. Anyhow coming to the point. Hue and cry on international map, which even shows Azad Kashmir all the way to GB as India, from LOC to annexation, and now new drum beating on GB. Notice how by default Pakistanis have started using Pakistan's map that only includes Pakistan administrated regions. And here some of our brothers are concerned that snow flakes shouldn't feel offended in any regard. They feel offended when we discuss indian occupation of Kashmir and how their terrorist army is killing freedom fighters. Also, when we discuss how they are treating Indian muslims, sikhs, women, lower castes in their country. Go to the threads that were opened recently to discuss the deplorable condition of Indian muslims and see how those threads were hijacked by good indians; by going off topic, after initial few posts most of the users take their bait and start discussing something else completely. But since it's all brushed under forum rules it's all good. Again, these rules that are being implemented has to be followed, since there has to be a basic structure on which this forum can run. But again this is a war of narratives, our brothers are looking at it too narrowly.

*I think the annotated map below expresses my point better than words.

GcsOqK6.jpg

I want to here to give a insight into how the use of 'Ganga' became conspicious in my posts here and other fora. When I was young lad in 1970s I was a voracious reader. I must have read my entire school library which was huge and had vintage books even from 1890s. History, politics and geography appealed to my nature. One book I read was from series called the 'geography of the world'. One book from the series was on the Indian Sub-continent. All books were written by experts who knew and had lived in the regions the book covered.

The book on Indian sub-continent had sections and covered differant geographic region in the sub-continent and was by a professor of geography who had lived and travelled over the sub-continent pre 1947 during British rule. He knew intimately the 'lay of the land'. Differant sections covered regions with eacxh region sub-divided. He covered the Indus basin as one unit including it's hinterlands like Balochistan. The criterion for each region was complex. It involved river basin or what is called a catchment area, [that is a region where all the rainfal aggregates and discharges or drains into one river system] temperature, precipitation, koppen climate classification etc and all this was supported with fantastic graphs and maps including photo 'plates'. The quality and detail was exquisite.

Ganga river basin was treated entirely separately. So was Southern India or Deccan as he called it. Overlaid on this was ethnic maps and details with histories of each section. This book went to inform my undestanding of South Asia. Since then of course I read more books. I loved reading "Where the Indus is young" by Dervala Murphy back in early 1980s. Along the way books by Imran Khan like 'Indus Journey' and the what to me was the magnus opus ~ Indus Saga by Aitzaz Ahsan.

However over the last two decades particularly since the last I have noticed a deliberate attempt to conjoin or make twins of Indus River and Ganga River*. Despite the fact that both flow in opposite direction, disharge in entire differant seas, go through entirely differant geographies and climates. Terms like Indo-Gangatic plain have been peddled to conflate these two disparate river systems. Of course this was driven by a agenda and fueled by Indians. To refuse or undo 1947, tout the Akhand Bharat myth.

So my antidote to this malevolence was Ganga-desh. Which sums up most of India nicely. River Ganga is holy and central to Hindu faith. Varanasi or Kumb Mela are testament to this fact. Majority of India's massive population of nearly 1.4 billion live on the Ganga basin. Thus Ganga-desh I believe beautifully captures the essence of India.

Where there is Ganga we have the Indus. A river as if not more critical to the very existence of Pakistan. Without this river most of Pakistan would turn into bare bone desert and the country would starve. Most of Pakistan sits on the eastern flank of the dry arid zone that begins west in Morrocco to Algeria to Egypt to Iraq to UAE to Oman to souther Iran to Pakistan with small sliver even extending into Indian Rajasthan.

In addition Indus unites the entire length of Pakistan. It melds all our provinces and all our ethnic peoples. So in conclusion please don't ban a geographic term of diffrantiation.

*Google Indus Basin and you will see this deliberate attempt to conflate Indus with Ganga particularly on Wikipedia articles.

Outside of India the Ganges is not seen in positive light. Industrial Pollution, Bodies, Raw sewage, diseases etc

I'm sure at one point it was clean beautiful healthy river. They effed it up and it's like they're ashamed of it now. Should clean it up and own it.

Terms like Indo-Gangatic plain have been peddled to conflate these two disparate river systems. Of course this was driven by a agenda and fueled by Indians. To refuse or undo 1947, tout the Akhand Bharat myth.
As per usual sir, you have nailed this one.

Indeed, the term "India" is fallaciously and malevolently associated to a contrived historical context by the same agenda enablers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/...californias-india-history-curriculum.amp.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom