What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not offended by any words in the OP. Only people with low self-esteem get offended by such words, if you are on internet you have to develop thick skin and not carry fragile ego. You might ban these words here on this forum, but they will still be used somewhere else on the internet which would be out of your control, so who cares.
If such banning leads to a better and friendly atmosphere here, why not do it? We need to have a good atmosphere for healthy debates and discussion. And we hope that our dear community and members here will help us in achieving this.

If such banning leads to a better and friendly atmosphere here, why not do it? We need to have a good atmosphere for healthy debates and discussion. And we hope that our dear community and members here will help us in achieving this.

The best option on this forum is to popularized the use of "ignore" function, make it more accessible, explain it in a dedicated thread. Most of the times people are not worried about "words" but particular members they deem to be unfit to interact with, so they would like to "mute" them so that they don't see their posts, quotes, threads etc. It is better to replace "ignore" with a "mute" option as is the case for example in Quora platform.

Well I don't know anything about that, but if you think someone unfairly changed your username, then did you open a discussion here?

https://defence.pk/pdf/forums/general-headquarters.170/

That's the best step for you to take. No much I can do, sorry.

How did your flag change? You joined in with 2 British flags if i remember correctly.

Did you receive notification from the administration to correct your flags or was this a privileged choice?

good grief! no one one changed my user name. you did it in one of your posts in our one and only encounter

You are confusing me with someone else I think. I don't recall ever doing that. Anyway, we're talking this topic off track. Find me what you're referring to and tag me in an another thread, try Iran chill thread here. So I can see what you mean:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iranian-chill-thread.283137/page-2329

How did your flag change? You joined in with 2 British flags if i remember correctly.

Did you receive notification from the administration to correct your flags or was this a privileged choice?

Off topic. I changed it myself despite not being born in Iran nor living there. Had many trolls with their "false flag" comment so I changed what I could.

But Indian used "BSDK" and "Bhosdike"
Pakistani use word "Bosrri Kay"
This again fortifies my position that both India and Pakistan are very close to each other in many aspects. Even in cuss words.

The Pakistani position isn't for a plebiscite on 'bits and pieces'. The inclusion of Gilgit-Baltistan is only going shift the balance of votes towards Pakistan, and asking Pakistan to vacate the territory unilaterally is not called for in the UNSC Resolutions, nor is anyone with an iota of common sense going to ask for one warring party to unconditionally vacate a disputed territory.

In any case, this does not fall under the ambit of this thread. We are talking about derogatory words/slurs, not whether the actions of the Indian government and military in Occupied Jammu & Kashmir should be sugar coated to appease Indians.
Your forum your rules, your call- My apologies I must have misread the reason this was opened up in the first place-"derogatory words/slurs"- Carry on.

if that wer true would the likes of joe the bengali white gentleman and his new sidekick nilgiri be allowed to constantly wipe the floor with Pakistan and Pakistan-flag displayers? in one post you see them flattering/fellating some senior mod, in another you will see joe using the head of a junior as a mop, yet in another you will see him slandering Pakistan

BTW. it is also very very likely the joe inglish is gonna be made a moderator of upcoming sub-forum dedicated to durga mata i.e bharatvarsh
I disagree- Both the gentleman you mentioned have been as civil and professional and polite as can be- If you construe the fact that they win a few banter with Sr.Mods or their peers as being disrespectful in anyway then you might need to understand how an open forum works- If you just want your point of view to be accepted and agreed upon then you are correct!-

Anyways on topic- I(Meaning - Members of the Forum ) was asked by the OP for any suggestions or recommendation on "Banned words on PDF"- I responded-Just found out that banned words were only meant for narratives that is suited to the climate- Oh well.

I responded-Just found out that banned words were only meant for narratives that is suited to the climate- Oh well.
It's a Pakistani forum. We believe Indian security forces in Indian Occupied J&K are occupying forces that commit atrocities on non-combatants for political gain, which, when done by individuals not wearing a uniform, are typically referred to as terrorism.

If, as a Pakistani forum, we backtrack on our position on Indian security forces in IoJK to appease Indian sensibilities, what's next?

A demand that we refer to IoJK as the 'Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir' and accept that it (along with Azad Kashmir and GB) is a part of India because not doing so 'offends Indian sensibilities'?

A demand that we start banning maps that do not comply with the Indian government's maps of J&K?

Banning racial slurs has no bearing on Pakistan's foreign policy positions, especially Pakistan's position on Jammu & Kashmir and on the actions of Indian Security forces in Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir.

The use of 'terrorism' to describe the actions of Indian security forces in IoJK is not meant to be a slur - that is literally what Pakistan and many Pakistanis believe is occurring in IoJK and has been occurring for decades.

It's a Pakistani forum. We believe Indian security forces in Indian Occupied J&K are occupying forces that commit atrocities on non-combatants for political gain, which, when done by individuals not wearing a uniform, are typically referred to as terrorism.

If, as a Pakistani forum, we backtrack on our position on Indian security forces in IoJK to appease Indian sensibilities, what's next?

A demand that we refer to IoJK as the 'Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir' and accept that it (along with Azad Kashmir and GB) is a part of India because not doing so 'offends Indian sensibilities'?

A demand that we start banning maps that do not comply with the Indian government's maps of J&K?

Banning racial slurs has no bearing on Pakistan's foreign policy positions, especially Pakistan's position on Jammu & Kashmir and on the actions of Indian Security forces in Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir.

The use of 'terrorism' to describe the actions of Indian security forces in IoJK is not meant to be a slur - that is literally what Pakistan and many Pakistanis believe is occurring in IoJK and has been occurring for decades.
The armed forces are just following the protocol set forth by GOI-(Boundaries/LOC-demarcated by the GOI not the armed forces) Its their job to protect the nation from outside and inside threat- They are only doing their job- No

The armed forces are just following the protocol set forth by GOI-(Boundaries/LOC-demarcated by the GOI not the armed forces) Its their job to protect the nation from outside and inside threat- They are only doing their job- No

Your government is using terror and torture on civilians. Yours is a occupying force those Kashmiris don’t want you no matter how you spin it or what Government orders are given.

mind as well add noora and potian etc ... Such terms for political slandering is ruining the atmosphere.

also ban use of ** asterisks for replacing and snitching moderation of ban words

LOL.

Damn! @Hachiman, you've been watching closely, too closely. Now it seems necessary to watch every word one is writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom