What's new

BANGLADESH vs WEST INDIES CWC 2011 ON 4-3-2011

tweet from gayle

Chris Gayle
This is ridiculous!!! Damn!!! W Cup with so many security an this happen!! Big Joke!!! Trust me I'm not keen here!!! Av players lay flat!!!

If its true its really pathetic on the part of Bangladesh .what was the fault of WI ,everyone is here to win and surely so they do .it was fault on the part of Bangladesh team not on the part of WI .if your team plays poorly there is no sense of doing such pathetic stuff to opponents

This was first time as a host for Bangladesh they would have a made a mark rather than doing what they did .i fear that might be a last one for them .if they will not change their attitude

Then you have to look at the pitch and conditions.the pitch on which canada ball was conducive for batting and really helping the seem and spin bowlers .Balaji was spinning the ball almost 1 meter and everyone was just amazed. Secondly pitches in SL always are short of runs when compared to pitches in India or Bangladesh

And all the pitches used for the matches i talked about were flat and batting paradise .don't trust me ,you can ask anyone you trust

Then you too should look at the pitch where bangladesh manage to score 280.
On the same pitch India scores 370 and more importantly yuvraj pathan and dhoni still to bat along with kohli(not out).

Today was simply a bad day for bangladesh and nothing can be derived from todays bad performace of BD team.
Atleast no comparative analysis can be done.

I think Bangladesh team must change it's logo from Royal tiger to cat. This humiliation of royal tiger can not go any longer. I withdrew my support for this useless team. These shameless team should not show it's face in international cricket no more. :disagree:

Bhi apni akta match baje bhabe here amader biral bante chan ? it can happens in cricket but its true we were too much excited about this match . may be our team just cannot tolerate too much expectation and broke down ,:cry: :cry:

Then you too should look at the pitch where bangladesh manage to score 280.
On the same pitch India scores 370 and more importantly yuvraj pathan and dhoni still to bat along with kohli(not out).

Today was simply a bad day for bangladesh and nothing can be derived from todays bad performace of BD team.
Atleast no comparative analysis can be done.

A bad day doesnot mean you get out on 58 runs against a bowling which is rated lower than many of the other teams .also this is not the first time ,in last match also they performed poorly with the bat

Now you can argue day and night because of your ego .but i have openly said that and will say that again that your own captain and analysts are saying that your bowling is weak .now go and argue with dhoni and sunil gavaskar because you know better then both of them

BD supporters have no previous record to attack any team ever. Who are actually doing that? Might be some poor nationalists? Or who?

Bhi apni akta match baje bhabe here amader biral bante chan ? it can happens in cricket but its true we were too much excited about this match . may be our team just cannot tolerate too much expectation and broke down ,:cry: :cry:

loosing is one thing but loosing like this deserve nothing more. This players are biral rather than the Sher-e-bengal. I am sorry but this is the truth. Bd team should be banned from playing cricket for this low performance.

A bad day doesnot mean you get out on 58 runs against a bowling which is rated lower than many of the other teams .also this is not the first time ,in last match also they performed poorly with the bat

Now you can argue day and night because of your ego .but i have openly said that and will say that again that your own captain and analysts are saying that your bowling is weak .now go and argue with dhoni and sunil gavaskar because you know better then both of them

Why should I argue when I know it very well.:D

But dont compare it with west indies, bangladesh or any other minnows.:angry:

it is totally unacceptable throwing stone to team bus, it will create bad image for Bangladesh . we should try to control our emotion . and how could this happens despite taking world class security how could any body throw stone towards the team bus .

Because we are looser nation. We like to blame on other to cover our failure. Why this shameless players weren't beaten up in the street?

I think Bangladesh team has to come out of this "WE are Champions in front of our Crowd" kind of mind set-up and they have to play with one reality in their mind and that is they are still under-dogs and are least rated among test playing nation .that will help them to realize what they are facing and who they are facing and will help them to raise their standards accordingly

Going out in front of your crowd and hitting every ball like you are bradman or Viv Richards against a quality bowling line up will not do any good to them

Bangladesh is going to play all its matches at home.
What will be the impact of this incident on further matches?

The crowd came in with glorified expectations about bangladesh, coz they have seen team winning on home turf
West Indies cannot be taken for granted in shorter formats they have explosive characters in them

feeling bad that BD lost, very bad that WI team bus got pelted
SA crowd is the best one

BD supporters have no previous record to attack any team ever. Who are actually doing that? Might be some poor nationalists? Or who?

those who wants to create bad image for our country . or abege bibek harano somorthok

@ irrationally excited supporters.

Just keep your expectation level below. You will feel better. We still are not mature at all. Take time and know your capability.

West Indies team bus stoned in Dhaka

The bus carrying the West Indies players has been stoned on its way back to the team hotel after they thrashed Bangladesh by nine wickets in Mirpur. There were no injuries, the team management confirmed to ESPNcricinfo, but the players were not amused.

Chris Gayle tweeted moments after the incident, "This is some b******* ... Bangladesh stoning our bus!!! Freaking glass break!!! This is c***, can't believe..what next bullets!!!! Kiss teeth".

The team's media manager, Philip Spooner, confirmed that two windows cracked, but none shattered, and hence no stone made its way inside. "We left the ground, and on our way back to the hotel, a couple of stones did hit our window," Spooner said. "Two windows were cracked, but not shattered. We are now back at the hotel, both teams are back at the hotel and are safe."

A Bangladesh police official said the fans had mistaken the West Indies bus for the Bangladesh bus. "The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it," Imtiaz Ahmed, deputy commissioner of police in Dhaka, told AFP. "The window panes were shattered, but no one was injured."

Back
Top Bottom