What's new

Bangladesh PM congratulates Mamata

What Greater Bangla.

A silly idea at best.

Ofcourse, obviously theres a difference
between Bangla and Bengal.

When we think of Bangla your bunch
think of India. Anyways congrats on your election.

That's an urban legend. I work for a leading software firm in India and I have worked in other states as well. Across the lobs, Calcutta creates most revenue after Chennai with 1/4 th of Chennai office employee. There are more people working in Pune and Blore as well.

Had work ethics of Bengalis been poor, software firms wouldn't have lined up for land in the state even after Singur and Nandigram debacle.

Well that is my own experience as well as few of my friend's. I know I should not be generalizing it.
Are you sure more revenue per head in kolkata center of your company is due to work ethics, and not some other factor?

You have worked in other parts of India as well as in Kolkata? You saw no difference?

Well that is my own experience as well as few of my friend's. I know I should not be generalizing it.
Are you sure more revenue per head in kolkata center of your company is due to work ethics, and not some other factor?

You have worked in other parts of India as well as in Kolkata? You saw no difference?

I worked in Chennai with hardcore Tamils. As far as delivery is concerned I saw no difference, yeah our way of doing things aint the same as those of Chennai.

The revenue thing was quoted by company bigwig when they asked for land in Kolkata for setting up a new campus.

@Abir, how come the industrial maga state west Bengal has only two airports. In comparisn BD has about 25 airports, but some are not used. The list below shows the ones which are operating:

.:Airports in Bangladesh::..

How many of them are operational? It's not feasible to have many airport concentrated in such tiny state. Do you have any stat of airport traffic of Dhaka airport?

After getting congratulatory call from Shiehk Hasina, Mamta Didi said to quote,"After geting her call i felt that two Banglas are same".

How true is Mamta didi after all its in Bangladesh's destiny to snatch west Bangal from india minus its people. Really Prophetic words from mamta didi.Really pray that mamta didi's prophetic words come true.

After getting congratulatory call from Shiehk Hasina, Mamta Didi said to quote,"After geting her call i felt that two Banglas are same".

How true is Mamta didi after all its in Bangladesh's destiny to snatch west Bangal from india minus its people. Really Prophetic words from mamta didi.Really pray that mamta didi's prophetic words come true.

How did you come up with this conspiracy theory???? If west bengal ever join bangladesh it will be the people of West Bengal.

How did you come up with this conspiracy theory???? If west bengal ever join bangladesh it will be the people of West Bengal.

Don't bother the false-flagger, West and East chose different course and will remain on their independent path until the hell breaks loose, but that doesn't mean we cant have good relation and prosper through mutual benefit.

How many of them are operational? It's not feasible to have many airport concentrated in such tiny state. Do you have any stat of airport traffic of Dhaka airport?

I think, all of the indians have mis-conception about Bangladesh. I understand threason. When people of some other country brag about too many things even when they do not have many, it is our nature that we people show displeasure at not having many more even when we have many.

Click the link below to know that we have a total of 16 operational airtports, a larger figure than my previous post shows. The link below also shows apart from so many operational airports, our not so developed LDC has another nine non-operational airports.

List of airports in Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think, all of the indians have mis-conception about Bangladesh. I understand threason. When people of some other country brag about too many things even when they do not have many, it is our nature that we people show displeasure at not having many more even when we have many.

Click the link below to know that we have a total of 16 operational airtports, a larger figure than my previous post shows. The link below also shows apart from so many operational airports, our not so developed LDC has another nine non-operational airports.

Well I must say job well done. Although we don't need another International Airport in South Bengal, one in North Bengal is badly needed. Bagdogra as someone said remains shut for some period of time. But the problem is North Bengal is not as developed as South.

And I call that BS!

There are three International Airports in the country.

The country has five operational domestic airports.

.:Airports in Bangladesh::..

Well I must say job well done. Although we don't need another International Airport in South Bengal, one in North Bengal is badly needed. Bagdogra as someone said remains shut for some period of time. But the problem is North Bengal is not as developed as South.

Lets hope Mamta Didi will fix the damage done by the Communists.

Mamata: Infrastructure overall, including the airport, will get our full attention. Modernisation of Kolkata airport has to happen. We have no doubts about it. Not only in Kolkata, we will ensure world-class airports in other cities as well. The feasibility of setting up new airports at Malda, Cooch Behar, Medinipur and other places will be looked into. We plan to upgrade the airport at Bagdogra and make it an international airport.

We will attract large private investments: Mamata Banerjee - The Economic Times

It's just the cynical me, but didi doesn't seem to know modernisation of Calcutta airport is ongoing with a deadline of December 2011!! :P

It's just the cynical me, but didi doesn't seem to know modernisation of Calcutta airport is ongoing with a deadline of December 2011!! :P

:lol: yeah it was a trick question by the journo I reckon. Infrastructure wise things are looking rosy for West Bengal. Just came across the Durgapur Aerotropolis project. Sounds promising.

Durgapur Aerotropolis (airport city), the first of its kind in India, will also have an industrial park and a township with all amenities like schools, colleges, shopping zones and healthcare facilities. It will be spread over 2,300 acres, of which the airport will cover 650.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Bengal | Deal with Changi on Durgapur airport

The airport-city project aims at combining infrastructure and urban development together , he added. The greefield project will be spread across 930 hectares that will include a 220 hectare industrial and IT park, a logisitics hub and a 263 hectare township. The total land required for the project is about 2,300 acres.

Airport city in Durgapur to create 90,000 jobs - Economic Times

I have been hearing of that Durgapur Aerotropolis since a year or so, I doubt any progress has been made so far. Dont think they will get 2500 acres land in Durgapur! :s

Edit: they seem to have made progress on that front!

Travel Biz Monitor - Info page

Roy: Infra sector is booming as far as Calcutta is concerned. All I see are huge cranes wherever I go. They are erecting 2,3 new flyover every year! Alas nothing has worked for CPM! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom