What's new

Bangladesh PM congratulates Mamata

West Bengal is a rice producing zone. Wheat yield cannot be that much unless it is produced under a superficially created optimum condition. Wheat needs less water and it cannot be produced in fields under standing water. Could it be that the areas in the north like Dinajpur are producing whaets?

My grand father was the first man to produce Wheat in East Pakistan and was shown in the exhibition.
Wheat does not yield much, but in dry season most of the land we have can be brought under wheat production through irrigation. But Buro Paddy is much more commercially viable than wheat.

Punjab has vast land area with fewer people which is the main reason for them to be successfull in agriculture. Their lands are not segregated as Bengal which was done by land reform. I am not sure about the land reform of Pubjab.

As far as I know, the leftists used heineous acts to intimidate the voters of west Bengal. Many of their party workers worked as informers. These informers would inform the anti-leftist thinking of certain individual, and he would be killed in a few days. It was a case of pure intimidation.

This has hampered the political activities of the anti-leftists. This may be one reason why the lefts continued to rule over without delivering anything to the state. Central govt would certainly avoid when it has to provide development funds in a state run by the left.

There are both good and bad aspects of Left. Also keep in mind Left under Budhdhha was entirely different than Left under Jyoti Basu.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Lest we forget

^A nice take on Left rule of 30 years.

Thank you once again.

I visit BD quite often.

So, should I not know?
No, you wont know those expat as they live and work in different companies. but you driectly go to your Mashir Bari..
Even I live here and I dont mingle with Pakistani and Indians except those live in my apartment/

Abir,

However, the per hectare yield of wheat was highest in Bengal!

Was it before the green revolution or after?

WB also suffered from unsustainable growth mainly because of partition, only after 1990 growth rate became normal. CMP DID stand by those who migrated from East Bengal/East Pakistan/Bangladesh, even if only to garner their vote-bank.

:)))))))) many will be happy for Mamata's victory

@ It hardly matters to us who comes to power in West Bengal ? But it really shameful once our PM congratualates the Chief Minister of another country without informing the centre, it does falls in any protocol.

@ Mamata Benerjee, " is the most unpredictable person in the Indian politics". Nobody can truly rely on her. Presently she is having good relation with National Congress but how long ???? Any time she may u-turn !!!!!!

@ Why some of our people jumping too much along with Dada bhai !!!!!!

^Mamata just could be a personal friend of Hasina, it's not official congratulation or something of that sort! :/

^Mamata just could be a personal friend of Hasina, it's not official congratulation or something of that sort! :/

@ See, the expression of Mamata once she got a phone call from PM Hasina, " Amar mone hochchelo jano epar Bangla opar Bangla ac hoye geche", (As if East Bengal and West has united together)

@ See, the expression of Mamata once she got a phone call from PM Hasina, " Amar mone hochchelo jano epar Bangla opar Bangla ac hoye geche", (As if East Bengal and West has united together)

Astakfirullha bhai.

She was high on dope of success, we already have had enough of immigrants!

She was high on dope of success, we already have had enough of immigrants!

Legal or illegal? Well, there are many Indians who work in BD too. And I mean MANY.

Much of GMG Airlines staff for example are Indian nationals. I know since I have worked in the airline sector :azn:

Legal or illegal? Well, there are many Indians who work in BD too. And I mean MANY.

Much of GMG Airlines staff for example are Indian nationals. I know since I have worked in the airline sector :azn:

I have no objection with skilled Bangladeshis coming here in legal means, they are always welcome here. However my state has been most affected of the illegal migration from BD which is well documented. Although Hindus coming here in East Pakistan era was justified as they were facing a genocidal regime hell bent on wiping them off. Sadly only lowest spectrum of Bangladeshis seem to come here for want of a better life.

Simply I don't want rest of Kol to become a ghetto that Tapsia is today.

Mamata invites NRIs to invest in Bengal, cell under Finance ministry soon

KOLKATA: Inviting NRIs to make large-scale investments in West Bengal, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has said her government was working to open a cell under the Finance Ministry , to be monitored by her, to cater to their investment proposals.

"I request NRIs to join the present drive to develop West Bengal which has great investment potential and has largely remained untapped for the past 34 years of Left Front rule," Banerjee said in a video conference with NRIs in New Jersey organised and telecast by a Bengali TV news channel today.

"All NRIs are welcome to send their investment proposals to the cell taking shape which I will personally monitor once a week," Banerjee said.

Stating that West Bengal could be a perfect investment destination, the new chief minister said investment was welcome in all sectors of the economy, "say in hospital, education, tourism, IT, infrastructure and industry."

To a question, the chief minister said her government would do its best to restore work culture in the state. "I will not make any compromise with work culture which is a prerequisite for economic and industrial development.

"Give me a year's time, I will do my best to accelerate the pace of development of the state to a considerable extent," Banerjee said.

Back
Top Bottom