What's new

Mamata is helping Jamaat

Mamata on personal level has checked herself a lot, spewing less BS these days. She has taken some good steps. Let's see.

Yes.. Kolkata's infrastructure is also improved. Some much needed Flyovers are getting constructed. I was pleasantly surprised to see the one at Park Circus.

If she controls her vitriol and keep working, she can be assured for next 2 terms. Left is getting decimated and I wont be surprised if the remaining cadre also jump ship by joining Trinamool or, Congress...

West Bengal’s Left Front Chairman Biman Bose has launched a flat-out attack against Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, saying her party had ‘close rapport’ with the Jamaat-e-Islami in Bangladesh.

Addressing a huge protest rally at Kolkata’s Brigade Parade Ground attended by tens of thousands of supporters on Sunday, Bose said Mamata was ‘patronising the Islamic fundamentalist rejected by the people of Bangladesh’.

“She is giving them shelter here, she is patronising the politics of religious fundamentalism, she is playing a dangerous game,” the senior politician said in what was clearly the most outspoken criticism of Mamata’s Bangladesh policy.

“When Bangladesh police operate in Satkhira and Jamaat cadres have to flee, they get shelter from the Trinamul MP in Basirhat,” Biman Bose alleged.

“Why do you think she is obstructing the Centre from signing the Teesta water-sharing agreement, why is she opposing the land boundary agreement? All this because she wants to please the Jamaat-e-Islami and put (Sheikh) Hasina in difficulty,” he continued.

Bose said one of the MPs Trinamul Congress, Ahmed Hassan, sent to Rajya Sabha in last week’s polls is closely linked to Jamaat. “He was a correspondent of Jamaat’s paper Naya Diganta.”

According to him, his party had all the details of the ‘thick links’ between Jamaat and Trinamul Congress.

“We Leftists strongly support the politics of secularism in Bangladesh that Hasina upholds. It is beyond our comprehension how a Bengali leader who says she is committed to secularism can support the defeated forces of 1971,” Biman Bose said.

He observed that the people of West Bengal “will never forgive” Mamata for “deliberately spoiling” the relations with Bangladesh.

The Left Front Chairman said the BJP was holding out a ‘carrot’ for Banerjee, as evident from Narendra Modi’s praise for her achievements.

“Will you be surprised if she does business with Hindu fundamentalists in India and Muslim fundamentalists in Bangladesh, all for the sake of power,” Bose asked.

The Left Chairman also said the US had boosted Mamata, first to topple the Left in West Bengal and then to ‘disturb’ Hasina in Bangladesh.

“The game is all out in the open now.”

Bose’s attack comes a week after former Left Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharya attacked Mamata Banerjee for ‘spoiling relations with our natural friends in Bangladesh’.

He said Mamata had met the Pakistan High Commissioner in India Salman Bashir and called for better relations with Pakistan.

‘We want good relations with Pakistan but not at the expense of Bangladesh. Bangladesh is much more important for us,” Bhattacharya had said.

Bhattacharya had recalled the ‘positive initiative’ of his predecessor Jyoti Basu in pushing through the Ganges water-sharing treaty in 1997.

“We did it to put our relations on a firm footing. We have to address the genuine needs of Bangladesh. But now all that is jeopardised,” Bhattacharya had said.

Mamata is helping Jamaat | The Bangladesh Chronicle

How reliable is the Bangladesh Chronicle?

Yes.. Kolkata's infrastructure is also improved. Some much needed Flyovers are getting constructed. I was pleasantly surprised to see the one at Park Circus.

If she controls her vitriol and keep working, she can be assured for next 2 terms. Left is getting decimated and I wont be surprised if the remaining cadre also jump ship by joining Trinamool or, Congress...

Park circus flyover is old, but new Metro projects are her projects.

mate leave those basterds because they are the ones responsible for every thing that is happening in Bengal.these commies allowed millions of lungis to infiltrate illegally in our state and virtually changed the demographics of at least 3 districts:hitwall:!these traitors should be hanged by their neck in public.Mamata di is the only hope for Bengal in the current scenario and i truly believe that she'll turn the wheel in favour of Bengal slowly but surely.
these scums are the same people who supported the chinese invasion in 1962,they are nothing but a bunch of commie traitors who would even sell their mothers if they get the right price.i simply hate these CPIM jholawalas from the core of my heart:angry:

That policy of vote bank politics didn't change a bit dear.

Park circus flyover is old, but new Metro projects are her projects.

I was talking about the one under construction which connects directly to VIP road near Science City.. Will probably before Park Circus.

Anyway its good for Kolkata if the Road-Metro network is expanding. City Center-2 area looks promising as well.

Dude...she has done a lot for my area(Laketown)...really can't complain:cheers:
I'm not happy with TMC:sniper:

One good thing I am seeing is that the roads are becoming asphalt, rest am not sure, she has already screwed our IT industry, new power plant, and heavy industries like automobile, petrochemical, etc.

CPI (M) leaders forget what they did and said for the last 34 years, they will forget tomorrow what they are doing and saying today. No ethics, no morale, Only empty talk,talk and talk. Biman Bose should explain why the demography of the border districts have changed in a such drastic manner if he is such a hater of minority politics.

Mithunda ne sahi kaha tha , jinke ghar sheeshe ke hote hain woh basement mein kapde badalte hain, Brigade maidan mein nehi...

True. But I have mixed fillings about it, I hated Jyoti Basu's CPM, but Budhdhadeb's first 5 years were one of the best periods for WB, alas all that effort was spoiled by dirty opposition politics in his 2nd term, I still can't digest the fact that people of WB rewarded her with CM post primarily for her efforts to stop Tata car factory & a large petrochem project. Mamata is more leftist than left itself.

Last edited:
I was talking about the one under construction which connects directly to VIP road near Science City.. Will probably before Park Circus.

Anyway its good for Kolkata if the Road-Metro network is expanding. City Center-2 area looks promising as well.

City centre-2 and the Rajarhat New Town project is again CPM's work, she has already scrapped Action Area 4 of that project and damaged it. She is a bigger menace than CPM. So far we have lost Infosys, Wipro 2nd campus, Tata Nano, Petrochem project, Katoya power plant, and many other important projects, and no one is ready to come here anymore. Even existing IT companies in Kolkata are not receiving high-end work anymore, even rents for office spaces in Sector-5 & New Town area has fallen sharply.

City centre-2 and the Rajarhat New Town project is again CPM's work, she has already scrapped Action Area 4 of that project and damaged it. She is a bigger menace than CPM. So far we have lost Infosys, Wipro 2nd campus, Tata Nano, Petrochem project, Katoya power plant, and many other important projects, and no one is ready to come here anymore. Even existing IT companies in Kolkata are not receiving high-end work anymore, even rents for office spaces in Sector-5 & New Town area has fallen sharply.

Dint know the situation was so grim.. Rajarhat and Newtown alone can change the face of Kolkata but Why will Mamta do something positive when anti-left slogans are enough to win as of now.

Looks like we have a communist sympathizer over here!

Looks like we have a communist sympathizer over here!

Oh yes. I didn't vote for Mamata, last time I voted for her when Jyoti Basu was the CM, she is more communist in her action & thoughts than the CPM under Budhdhadeb Bhattacharya, just check the industrialization efforts during Budhdha's 1st term and how Mamata spoiled it all with her mindless opposition and populist politics. WB was about to turn back, and then it went into the same blackhole.

Btw I never voted for CPM as long as Jyoti Basu was there, neither I believe in communist ideologies, but I vote according to the available options, I started voting for CPM after seeing Budhdhadeb's new economic policies, and since the Singur incident I am strong anti-Mamata.

Back
Top Bottom