What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Modified TF-2000 class would be OK design wise, however Turkish Navy ships use mostly NATO type armaments, either standard US stuff or license-made equivalents in Turkey such as RIM 116s and ASROCs. That is very different from what we have in our Navy now. I don't know how Pakistanis plan to integrate Chinese missiles and armaments into Turkish Milgem vessels. Maybe Brother @cabatli_53 knows.

Good question also for maybe @Quwa bhai. Thanks in advance for any details/pointers.

Also - TF-2000 cut down to 6000 or so tonnes will still cost North of $2 Billion each projected, which means cost can spiral upwards. Is that within reason?

Well the latest estimate for each 9000 tonne TF-2000 destroyer is 1 billion US dollars. No way that the build cost is as high as 2 billion US dollars and that figure probably includes the development costs.

If BN was to go for a cut-down 6000 tonne frigate then expect the price to come down to 6-700 million dollars each and that seems to be affordable for BN if the ships are delivered from 2025-2029.

As to problems with the weapons system, remember that nearly all will be replaced with indigenous Turkish ones from 2025 onwards. Only thing that BN will really have to wait for is the long-range Hisar-U, most of the rest should be available with the first delivered vessel.

It may be a challenge to get everything worked out and both Turkey and BD will have to be imaginative but this now looks like the best way to go with the massive delays already to this programme. BD should forgo both Chinese and Western options and go Turkish for it's next-gen frigate programme.

Well the latest estimate for each 9000 tonne TF-2000 destroyer is 1 billion US dollars. No way that the build cost is as high as 2 billion US dollars and that figure probably includes the development costs.

If BN was to go for a cut-down 6000 tonne frigate then expect the price to come down to 6-700 million dollars each and that seems to be affordable for BN if the ships are delivered from 2025-2029.

As to problems with the weapons system, remember that nearly all will be replaced with indigenous Turkish ones from 2025 onwards. Only thing that BN will really have to wait for is the long-range Hisar-U, most of the rest should be available with the first delivered vessel.

It may be a challenge to get everything worked out and both Turkey and BD will have to be imaginative but this now looks like the best way to go with the massive delays already to this programme. BD should forgo both Chinese and Western options and go Turkish for it's next-gen frigate programme.

Sounds great too bad BN isn't thinking of this , also if the price of each frigate is 6-700 million usd no way Bangladesh is getting that lol.

For BN they would consider it a destroyer for some reason , it's 2021 and there's still no sign of any new partners for the next gen frigate program.

Sounds great too bad BN isn't thinking of this , also if the price of each frigate is 6-700 million usd no way Bangladesh is getting that lol.

For BN they would consider it a destroyer for some reason , it's 2021 and there's still no sign of any new partners for the next gen frigate program.

I think 4-500 million US dollars was the budget for deliveries starting 2020 originally.
6-700 million for deliveries starting 2025 is not out of the reach of a growing economy and defence budget.

I think 4-500 million US dollars was the budget for deliveries starting 2020 originally.
6-700 million for deliveries starting 2025 is not out of the reach of a growing economy and defence budget.

True , but again Bangaldeshis don't wanna spend too much lets be honest lol

Process shuru hoi gesey.

@DalalErMaNodi you can have your own agents visit Patenga from time to time so we can see images. 8-)

Bhaida gelo koi? Onekdin post dekhina.

tenor (8).gif

But with what it has been.... The mod teams crusade against me... I won't be here for long.

Lmao I got banned for saying China copies too much , and some Pakistani slave had to please their masters by banning me for no reason.

These pussies are like 5 , can't even take a bit of criticism. If I met these nibbas in Xbox Live they would get destroyed in like 5 seconds.
Banglai kotha bolo. Shudu shudu ban khaiya luv nai.
pochaya ban khao np
@DalalErMaNodi welcome back

View attachment 705770

But with what it has been.... The mod teams crusade against me... I won't be here for long.

Tread carefully brother and I'm sure you'll be here if you level it with the mods. I have no skin in this game, just want to make sure you are around, that's all. :-)
Banglai kotha bolo. Shudu shudu ban khaiya luv nai.
pochaya ban khao np
@DalalErMaNodi welcome back

Shubho firti agomon!

Tomater rokto gorom, na hoiley pochapochi koira ki luv re bhai? Gaer jhal mitey, eitai shudhu luv.

Turkey might get sanctioned by USA...do you think bd will risk it by investing in major and costly Turkish weapons?

Back
Top Bottom