What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Huh , apparently this dude thinks we are getting Damen Sigma Frigates but doesn't provide any evidence

{ Also wtf is that thumbnail , Singaporean frigates with Bangladeshi flags ? :sarcastic: }

I believe S'porean Navy Frigates ( Formidable-class) are built by their own shipyard (ST Marine) and designed by DCNS. Quite having the specs, I'd say they are the best in SE Asia in the Frigate category technology wise, if I may say so.

I wouldn't mind one bit if ST Marine transferred some technology to us, but these guys are too chummy chummy with the Myanmarese.

Turkey offered Ada/Milgem class as LPC tender competitor to Bangladesh navy. It comes equipped with 8 anti ship missiles. Bangladesh navy fleet commander Rear Admiral Mahbub Ul Islam confirmed the news on 6th turkey defence port.

Turkey would have to compete against South Korean and Italian bids with its ATMACA missile to secure sales of LPC (Ada class is basically a heavy corvette/ light frigate)

Turkey offered Ada/Milgem class as LPC tender competitor to Bangladesh navy. It comes equipped with 8 anti ship missiles. Bangladesh navy fleet commander Rear Admiral Mahbub Ul Islam confirmed the news on 6th turkey defence port.

Turkey would have to compete against South Korean and Italian bids with its ATMACA missile to secure sales of LPC (Ada class is basically a heavy corvette/ light frigate)

I watched the video back then. Didn't hear him talking about any corvette offer. He only talked about Turkish companies approach for LPC project. So why this type of news appeared after more than one month? LPC is lot cheaper than the Ada class and Turkey already few LPC designs like Kılıç class to offer. So why would they offer Ada class for a LPC project? 🤔🤨

Kılıç class is German Lurssen design, but turkey have many design for offer in that class now.

Bangladesh Navy is purchasing new Electronic Warfare systems along with Chaff/Flare and Decoy.

Full details:- https://dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/4391.pdf

1607501904812.png

Last edited:
Navy issued tender for four 30mm guns.

1607504464864.png

Kılıç class is German Lurssen design, but turkey have many design for offer in that class now.

Well, we will not get Kılıç class exactly as the minimum displacement for the two new LPC is 700 tons. So something based on Kılıç class can be offered.

Ronin’s post got me mixed up ⬆

First ones were BNS Sheikh Hasina's, the latter i posted while replying to were BNS Sher-E-Bangla's.

I watched the video back then. Didn't hear him talking about any corvette offer. He only talked about Turkish companies approach for LPC project. So why this type of news appeared after more than one month? LPC is lot cheaper than the Ada class and Turkey already few LPC designs like Kılıç class to offer. So why would they offer Ada class for a LPC project? 🤔🤨
They plan to do the same thing they did with corvette project, designate a heavier ship as something that’s not. 2400 tons ships are frigates tbh

They plan to do the same thing they did with corvette project, designate a heavier ship as something that’s not.

I didn't understand. What did they do with corvette project? C-13B/Shadhinota class is still designated as a corvette.

The tender clearly specified the requirements for LPC. There's no scope to build Ada class locally. The budget is also allocated such way. If BN wants Ada-class then it needs more money or completely separate allocation. There's no way you can but a corvette with LPC's budget. The news seems completely ridiculous.

Even Defeseca's now saying that Turkey "ONCE" offered Ada class to BD. And looks like that was in 2008.

They plan to do the same thing they did with corvette project, designate a heavier ship as something that’s not. 2400 tons ships are frigates tbh

Armament-wise it's still a light corvette actually.

Hardly "wreckless".

What reckless was sending an An-32 for reconnaissance mission on Burmese oil rig without any chaff/counter-measures while Burmese Mig-29 flying over the crew.

Last edited:
I didn't understand. What did they do with corvette project? C-13B/Shadhinota class is still designated as a corvette.

The tender clearly specified the requirements for LPC. There's no scope to build Ada class locally. The budget is also allocated such way. If BN wants Ada-class then it needs more money or completely separate allocation. There's no way you can but a corvette with LPC's budget. The news seems completely ridiculous.

Even Defeseca's now saying that Turkey "ONCE" offered Ada class to BD. And looks like that was in 2008.

What reckless was sending an An-32 for reconnaissance mission on Burmese oil rig without any chaff/counter-measures while Burmese flying over the crew.
I meant 600 tons of vessels were designated as LPC and now the requirement is double the tonnage and still designated as LPC... anything about 1200 tons is described as a corvette in BN so I wouldn’t be surprised

What reckless was sending an An-32 for reconnaissance mission on Burmese oil rig without any chaff/counter-measures while Burmese flying over the crew.

Is that what BAF did? Can't seem to recall BAF deployment back then.

Fighter jet would have surely been more appropriate but regardless credit for showing up.

Anybody hear anything about these submarines?
They’re fine. They go on regular patrols

What reckless was sending an An-32 for reconnaissance mission on Burmese oil rig without any chaff/counter-measures while Burmese Mig-29 flying over the crew.
Now defseca is coming forward with adaclass news 😂

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom