What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I have no doubt america would sink the three Chinese carriers before one of theirs sinks, but I’m not sure if they’re safe from being obliterated by ASBM, they have already cut production numbers for Gerald Ford class to 4 aircraft carriers. That’s huge downsizing

The reason is US would use their pinpoint accurate missile to take out PLAN. The chinese have them too but one has to assume US one are better and have them in greater numbers and US has the pacific fully monitored.

In a conflict the two navies i do not believe will physically come into contact like in the WW2.
I have no doubt america would sink the three Chinese carriers before one of theirs sinks, but I’m not sure if they’re safe from being obliterated by ASBM, they have already cut production numbers for Gerald Ford class to 4 aircraft carriers. That’s huge downsizing

The reason is US would use their pinpoint accurate missile to take out PLAN. The chinese have them too but one has to assume US one are better and have them in greater numbers and US has the pacific fully monitored.

In a conflict the two navies i do not believe will physically come into contact like in the WW2.

Well even in midway they didn’t come in contact, coral sea was the last direct engagement but still not involving a battleship and aircraft carrier
From what I understand China will lose if they venture out of South China Sea, US will lose if they enter South China Sea.

About that. US has no definite power to hold off China is South China Sea. China is now what 500+ ships navy? US is 300 and reducing.
plus antiship ballistic missiles. No way HS can dominate China in SCS

If it means survival of their power, sure

Did you also forget adding the Japanese,Taiwanese and Korean Navies ?

Yea with that in mind , China doesn't have enough lol

Did you also forget adding the Japanese,Taiwanese and Korean Navies ?

Yea with that in mind , China doesn't have enough lol
Outbuilding them all however. Look at the current under construction to see the scale. Pumping out a navy every year now

Looks like the US is now going back to original 10 Ford class carriers.

The proposed cut to 4 was to allow more smaller carriers to be built in their place.

US now looks it will stick with the planned 10 of the Gerald Ford Class.

As for ASBM, they are only a theoretical threat and so many things have to all fall correctly into place to allow a successful strike on a carrier out in the open ocean hundreds of miles from the coast.

Looks like the US is now going back to original 10 Ford class carriers.

The proposed cut to 4 was to allow more smaller carriers to be built in their place.

US now looks it will stick with the planned 10 of the Gerald Ford Class.

As for ASBM, they are only a theoretical threat and so many things have to all fall correctly into place to allow a successful strike on a carrier out in the open ocean hundreds of miles from the coast.
Yeah, they’re definitely meant for coastal region and surrounding sea. Not anything into deep pacific
Eh true , but both Japan and America have tons of experience in naval warfare and China barely lol.
Ye. That’s why they’re pumping out like it’s ww2
US did the same in WW2

Yeah, they’re definitely meant for coastal region and surrounding sea. Not anything into deep pacific

Ye. That’s why they’re pumping out like it’s ww2
US did the same in WW2

The US (and the Japanese) had perfected the carrier launched attack regimes since WWII. And like you guys said - the US still has an edge, both numeric and qualitative.

PLAN is so far only interested in defending their backyard (and sea shipping lanes). US will be happy keeping their underling countries happy by occasional shows of bravado and muscle-flexing in the South China Sea.

Under Biden administration, I do not see huge wholesale changes in this naval strategy.

The US (and the Japanese) had perfected the carrier launched attack regimes since WWII. And like you guys said - the US still has an edge, both numeric and qualitative.

PLAN is so far only interested in defending their backyard (and sea shipping lanes). US will be happy keeping their underling countries happy by occasional shows of bravado and muscle-flexing in the South China Sea.

Under Biden administration, I do not see huge wholesale changes in this naval strategy.
Speaking of the Japanese. It’s sad to see them go from worlds largest aircraft carrier navy to nothing.
Too many mistakes in midway. Way too many
PLAN is so far only interested in defending their backyard (and sea shipping lanes). US will be happy keeping their underling countries happy by occasional shows of bravado and muscle-flexing in the South China Sea
What US is doing means nothing really. They don’t anchor their ships in Taiwanese strait, they keep moving under freedom of navigation. BD could send its ship along the US coast and excercise freedom of navigation, as long as you don’t intend to stop in their territorial water, you don’t need permission

Speaking of the Japanese. It’s sad to see them go from worlds largest aircraft carrier navy to nothing.
Too many mistakes in midway. Way too many

What US is doing means nothing really. They don’t anchor their ships in Taiwanese strait, they keep moving under freedom of navigation. BD could send its ship along the US coast and excercise freedom of navigation, as long as you don’t intend to stop in their territorial water, you don’t need permission

Even if the Japanese won at Midway , it would only give them time before America's industrial might kicked them back. The Japanese did play very well , that experience is giving them an edge over China.

Even if the Japanese won at Midway , it would only give them time before America's industrial might kicked them back. The Japanese did play very well , that experience is giving them an edge over China.
It was never going to be a long war if America lost at midway. They had 2 functional and 1 stotchtape clad carrier, if they lost even 2 that day, america would avoid fighting them until europe was clear.
America forced japan to get into a war imo

1610977425785.png

1610980828572.png

1610981991641.png

1610985196076.png

Only thing to really worry about is the US GE engine.

Rest of what BN needs can be made in Turkey.

BN doesn't use US engine, it uses French/German ones AFAIK. I don't think a scale down 6000 tons version of TF-2000 within $700 million is possible for us. Too much wet dream. In that case something based on Iver Huitfeldt can be considered. Turkey still can't produce all of it's naval weapons and not all of them are proven yet. Instead of being sentimental we should think logically. I don't why but i feel like we will still award major projects to the Chinese. At least all these developments indicates that way.

Navy Exercise

Same thing every year, eh? Only exception was probably firing AShM from C-13B corvette i think.

BN doesn't use US engine, it uses French/German ones AFAIK. I don't think a scale down 6000 tons version of TF-2000 within $700 million is possible for us. Too much wet dream. In that case something based on Iver Huitfeldt can be considered. Turkey still can't produce all of it's naval weapons and not all of them are proven yet. Instead of being sentimental we should think logically. I don't why but i feel like we will still award major projects to the Chinese. At least all these developments indicates that way.

There you go, a customised TF-2000 frigate for BN could even be made to work using European engines, bypassing the US completely.

As for Turkish weapons, they will all be available by the mid-2020s apart from the long range SAM. BN can afford to wait for the long range SAM as long as it gets the short-medium range ones with the first ships into service by 2025/2026.

This is not even about sentimentally but getting the most reliable supplier and partner till the 2050s. China is not a reliable partner against Myanmar and buying Turkish would allow BN to use it's next-gen frigates freely against both India and Myanmar.

There you go, a customised TF-2000 frigate for BN could even be made to work using European engines, bypassing the US completely.

As for Turkish weapons, they will all be available by the mid-2020s apart from the long range SAM. BN can afford to wait for the long range SAM as long as it gets the short-medium range ones with the first ships into service by 2025/2026.

This is not even about sentimentally but getting the most reliable supplier and partner till the 2050s. China is not a reliable partner against Myanmar and buying Turkish would allow BN to use it's next-gen frigates freely against both India and Myanmar.

Exactly , Turkish weapons are pretty good ngl but I still don't know why BN doesn't have a partner for the next gen frigate program ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom