What's new

Bangladesh Navy

BNS Prottoy on her visit to Mumbai
EuUl1CuWgAIe5YC

EuUl1pdXEAgT8d8
EuUlkTWVgAAExK3

I’m wondering why would anyone need a diving bell at 100m depth or a decompression chamber for the matter 😂😂😂
Helium saturation doesn’t get into the blood until about 300m or more
100m is scuba depth 🙄

The frigate program was never meant to be or should be a hasty process. People need to understand that the frigates will serve BN for 30-40 years, so they need craft the concept design very carefully taking into account many critical factors such as appropriate displacement, future BoB climate, IN and UMN procurement trends, transfer of technology, financing, reliability of suppliers, diplomatic relations with supplier nations, long term system integration and network integration to only name a few.
We cannot afford to start a frigate program and then abandon it midway.

BN is doing just fine right now. They have the minimum surface, sub-surface and amphibious capabilities to defend the EEZ. It is not their fault that BAF is run by morons.

Let us attain bare minimum aerial deterrence first before aspiring big on other fronts.

Last edited:
So lying about BAF wasn't enough? 😒🙄

View attachment 718623

Did they just use the image from Marinelink?

The news could be true, just that they went to Marinelink and used a representative image. In which case of course, they should have marked it as such.
BNS Prottoy on her visit to Mumbai
EuUl1CuWgAIe5YC

EuUl1pdXEAgT8d8
EuUlkTWVgAAExK3

On her way to or back from Lebanon, maybe.
I’m wondering why would anyone need a diving bell at 100m depth or a decompression chamber for the matter 😂😂😂
Helium saturation doesn’t get into the blood until about 300m or more
100m is scuba depth 🙄

Bojhe nai, ja parey copy/paste koray merey diyechhey....

Blame CDDL's MD for people's impatience. He was the one who gave that timeline. You don't wait this long to build a ship with ToT to counter adversaries move rather you build more powerful ship next time to meet the new challenges. Or better build a modular design to leave enough room for future upgrade. Six frigate won't gonna cut it anyway. Forget taking time on frigate project, what's going on with KSY's new shipyard, CDDL's new dry dock and design house? How are we supposed to proceed to build six frigates locally when no infrastructure is available yet?

I don't expect BN to work on/getting rail gun, laser weapon system and hyper-sonic missile anytime soon. Only thing we can get now is the radar capable of detecting hypersonic threat. So our current threats are supersonic AShM and ballistic missile mainly. I see BN's thinking about countering supersonic threat as it's interested in Sea Ceptor and already inducted FL-3000N but why aren't they choosing a supersonic AShM yet instead of new cruise missile? BN could've obtained CM-302 for it's future warships or collaborate with China-Turkey to manufacture one. Anyway BN's future frigate will most likely have:-
  • Guided/extended Artillery Shell.
  • Cruise/Supersonic AShM with possible land attack mode.
  • 32 SAM.
  • one missile/gun based CIWS.
  • two or single AESA radar.
  • two triple torpedo tubes.
  • two RWS.
That's the most possible layout our frigate will get. So the displacement will be between 4000-6000 tons.
What else there to think about? It's already clear that we won't get whole Turkish system in our ship and i explained why in previous thread. So we gotta rely on Chinese-EU system until we become self-sufficient.

No, it's not FINE operating second hand frigates and small corvettes with FM-90 and FL-3000N. Most of navies already moved on to new types of modern vessel and we are still limping towards our goal. It's not only about building these six frigates, it's also about taking the initiative and achieving the ability to build warships on our own so in future we can think about building destroyer size vessel and hopefully even LHD and submarine.

Did they just use the image from Marinelink?

The news could be true, just that they went to Marinelink and used a representative image. In which case of course, they should have marked it as such.

No, they copy-pasted the image and whole specification part.

it's also about taking the initiative and achieving the ability to build warships on our own so in future we can think about building destroyer size vessel and hopefully even LHD and submarine.
You and I will be in our old age homes waiting to die before Bangladesh will build a destroyer or submarine
Expect chetonamarine by 2040 though

Blame CDDL's MD for people's impatience. He was the one who gave that timeline. You don't wait this long to build a ship with ToT to counter adversaries move rather you build more powerful ship next time to meet the new challenges. Or better build a modular design to leave enough room for future upgrade. Six frigate won't gonna cut it anyway. Forget taking time on frigate project, what's going on with KSY's new shipyard, CDDL's new dry dock and design house? How are we supposed to proceed to build six frigates locally when no infrastructure is available yet?

I don't expect BN to work on/getting rail gun, laser weapon system and hyper-sonic missile anytime soon. Only thing we can get now is the radar capable of detecting hypersonic threat. So our current threats are supersonic AShM and ballistic missile mainly. I see BN's thinking about countering supersonic threat as it's interested in Sea Ceptor and already inducted FL-3000N but why aren't they choosing a supersonic AShM yet instead of new cruise missile? BN could've obtained CM-302 for it's future warships or collaborate with China-Turkey to manufacture one. Anyway BN's future frigate will most likely have:-
  • Guided/extended Artillery Shell.
  • Cruise/Supersonic AShM with possible land attack mode.
  • 32 SAM.
  • one missile/gun based CIWS.
  • two or single AESA radar.
  • two triple torpedo tubes.
  • two RWS.
That's the most possible layout our frigate will get. So the displacement will be between 4000-6000 tons.
What else there to think about? It's already clear that we won't get whole Turkish system in our ship and i explained why in previous thread. So we gotta rely on Chinese-EU system until we become self-sufficient.

No, it's not FINE operating second hand frigates and small corvettes with FM-90 and FL-3000N. Most of navies already moved on to new types of modern vessel and we are still limping towards our goal. It's not only about building these six frigates, it's also about taking the initiative and achieving the ability to build warships on our own so in future we can think about building destroyer size vessel and hopefully even LHD and submarine.

No, they copy-pasted the image and whole specification part.

I agree , Bay of Bengal is becoming competitive day by day and Myanmar if they build there navy up in the future which they definitely will try to take St Martin from us.

So if we don't build our frigate/sub numbers up we're FKED , those monkeys will try to do a amphibious landing and we won't even have some dam air superiority.

6 Frigates ain't nothing in the year of 2030

Back
Top Bottom