What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Which one is better for good arms carrying Kyan Sittha Class or BNS BB (Ulsan Class).

Last edited:
Which one is better for good arms carrying Kyan Sittha Class or BNS BB (Ulsan Class).

I don't know what you mean by "Good Arms Carrying".

Here are details on BNS BB (Ulsan Class) which is equipped with classical three-layer missile defense for protecting the ship:

Armament[edit]
This vessel is said to be the most modern frigate of its class according to official statistics. It is equipped with some of the most advanced systems available; the Otomat Mk.II anti-ship missiles on board the vessel are an advanced and highly capable missile system with a range of over 180 kilometres (110 mi); with mid-course update from suitably equipped helicopters, aircraft or surface platforms these anti-ship missiles can change course mid-flight and the warship does not need to be repositioned to fire at the target (unlike other anti-ship missiles). In June 17, 2013 during the annual exercise "Sea Thunder 2013", BNS Bangabandhu successfully fired an Otomat missile for the first time. The frigate will be upgraded with the addition of another quad Otomat anti-ship missile launcher. Additionally the vessel is armed with sophisticated point-defence surface-to-air missile (SAM) system in the form of 8 FM-90N SAMs (15 kilometres (9.3 mi) range) and 4 Otobreda 40 mm/70 compact CIWS in two twin mounts. The vessel is also armed with 6 324 mm B-515 tubes in two triple mounts which fire the EuroTorp Whitehead A244/SMod.3 torpedoes. All of these weapons systems together with the one Otobreda 76 mm/62 Super Rapid gun give the vessel extensive combat capability.

The AgustaWestland AW109 Power naval helicopter on board can be used for Search and Rescue (SAR) purpose.

Here are the few details available on "Kyan Sittha Class":

Armament:
@damiendehorn can maybe provide more details - Thanks in advance :-)

I don't know what you mean by "Good Arms Carrying".

Here are details on BNS BB (Ulsan Class) which is equipped with classical three-layer missile defense for protecting the ship:

Armament[edit]
This vessel is said to be the most modern frigate of its class according to official statistics. It is equipped with some of the most advanced systems available; the Otomat Mk.II anti-ship missiles on board the vessel are an advanced and highly capable missile system with a range of over 180 kilometres (110 mi); with mid-course update from suitably equipped helicopters, aircraft or surface platforms these anti-ship missiles can change course mid-flight and the warship does not need to be repositioned to fire at the target (unlike other anti-ship missiles). In June 17, 2013 during the annual exercise "Sea Thunder 2013", BNS Bangabandhu successfully fired an Otomat missile for the first time. The frigate will be upgraded with the addition of another quad Otomat anti-ship missile launcher. Additionally the vessel is armed with sophisticated point-defence surface-to-air missile (SAM) system in the form of 8 FM-90N SAMs (15 kilometres (9.3 mi) range) and 4 Otobreda 40 mm/70 compact CIWS in two twin mounts. The vessel is also armed with 6 324 mm B-515 tubes in two triple mounts which fire the EuroTorp Whitehead A244/SMod.3 torpedoes. All of these weapons systems together with the one Otobreda 76 mm/62 Super Rapid gun give the vessel extensive combat capability.

The AgustaWestland AW109 Power naval helicopter on board can be used for Search and Rescue (SAR) purpose.

Here are the few details available on "Kyan Sittha Class":

Armament:
@damiendehorn can maybe provide more details - Thanks in advance :-)
At present BNS BB is enough for BD? or BN need destroyer for extra edge.

Destroyers (or Battle cruisers for that matter) are meant for much larger blue-water navies. US Navy, PLA Navy and Russian Navy has 62, 25 and 13 destroyers respectively and the blue-water missions of these navies require these large ships such as strategic nuclear deterrence, defense against ballistic missiles (just examples).

I doubt Bangladesh Navy's mission or battle doctrine requires such ships at this time.

Destroyers (or Battle cruisers for that matter) are meant for much larger blue-water navies. US Navy, PLA Navy and Russian Navy has 62, 25 and 13 destroyers respectively and the blue-water missions of these navies require these large ships such as strategic nuclear deterrence, defense against ballistic missiles (just examples).

I doubt Bangladesh Navy's mission or battle doctrine requires such ships at this time.
Bangladesh does have limited blue water capability and I'm sure that what we're hoping for in the future and hence we would need that in the distant future, but rn.... it's not feasible

well BB is not nearly enough! and BN doesn' even have much of an edge at present let alone extra edge. this is exactly the reason why modernization is taking place.
however, IMHO we don' need destroyers which are needed for sea dominance. BD is not trying to be a supa pawah like some neighbors we know(pun intended)! we need a credible deterrence to protect our interests and sea lanes which are important for trade. and also to prevent some from bullying or attacking us.
now to achieve the deterrence what should BN get is the question! answer is exactly what it is getting and planning to get. let's see what these are;

1. ASW optimized Durjoy-class LPC (4 in service, 4 more to be procured. total 8)
2. Shadhinota-class CCG (2 in service, 2 under construction, 4 more planned. total 8)
3. Submarines (2 in service, 2 more under negotiations. total unknown at present but I'd say about 6 by 2030 excluding the 2 mings because they'll only be training platforms by then!)
4. type 054a based FFG (it has been said 6 will be built but I'd like to see 8 of these)
5. Maritime Patrol Aircraft (now it's only Do-228. however, we will surely see the induction of much more capable MPA armed with AShCM and ASW torpedoes in the years to come upto 2030 and beyond)

well these are the main procurement plans I think. that's quite the deterrence I'd say!!!
:coffee:

well BB is not nearly enough! and BN doesn' even have much of an edge at present let alone extra edge. this is exactly the reason why modernization is taking place.
however, IMHO we don' need destroyers which are needed for sea dominance. BD is not trying to be a supa pawah like some neighbors we know(pun intended)! we need a credible deterrence to protect our interests and sea lanes which are important for trade. and also to prevent some from bullying or attacking us.
now to achieve the deterrence what should BN get is the question! answer is exactly what it is getting and planning to get. let's see what these are;

1. ASW optimized Durjoy-class LPC (4 in service, 4 more to be procured. total 8)
2. Shadhinota-class CCG (2 in service, 2 under construction, 4 more planned. total 8)
3. Submarines (2 in service, 2 more under negotiations. total unknown at present but I'd say about 6 by 2030 excluding the 2 mings because they'll only be training platforms by then!)
4. type 054a based FFG (it has been said 6 will be built but I'd like to see 8 of these)
5. Maritime Patrol Aircraft (now it's only Do-228. however, we will surely see the induction of much more capable MPA armed with AShCM and ASW torpedoes in the years to come upto 2030 and beyond)

well these are the main procurement plans I think. that's quite the deterrence I'd say!!!
These all armaments are basic part of navy but some thing need which will give extra benefit, if some one want to attack then they will think twice.

These all armaments are basic part of navy but some thing need which will give extra benefit, if some one want to attack then they will think twice.

basic requirements or extra benefits depend on the role of the Navy itself. as for BN the role it carries needs the above mentioned platforms IMHO! and you have to consider our spending power as well. our defense budget is low, so to go for destroyers is not a feasible idea. and to only buy 1 destroyer for just the heck of it also doesn' fit in. so, 8-12 frigates with state of the art capability is what can be done and should be done!!!
now as for getting attacked, let's see which navies have the capability to attack us;
1. US Navy (heck they can attack anyone on earth and win it except a few Navies)
2. Chinese Navy (well we are allies so no possibilities)
3. Russian Navy (they will not attack anyone in the foreseeable future as they can't afford it)
those 3 are the Navies capable of attacking anyone as far naval capabilities go. and I'm discounting other EU Navies as they would not attack anyone if US is not participating. so, that leaves us with 2 Navies in our vicinity;
4. Indian Navy
5. MM Navy
now, if the forces goals are realized and we do go to war with MM hypothetically speaking BN will win although with major casualties!!
as for Indian Navy, they will sink our fleet in the bay even after completing the goals but they will not go unscathed. why? because the deterrence planned in FG 2030 will give their eastern fleet a heavy blow. so, as you have said they will think twice before attacking!!!

basic requirements or extra benefits depend on the role of the Navy itself. as for BN the role it carries needs the above mentioned platforms IMHO! and you have to consider our spending power as well. our defense budget is low, so to go for destroyers is not a feasible idea. and to only buy 1 destroyer for just the heck of it also doesn' fit in. so, 8-12 frigates with state of the art capability is what can be done and should be done!!!
now as for getting attacked, let's see which navies have the capability to attack us;
1. US Navy (heck they can attack anyone on earth and win it except a few Navies)
2. Chinese Navy (well we are allies so no possibilities)
3. Russian Navy (they will not attack anyone in the foreseeable future as they can't afford it)
those 3 are the Navies capable of attacking anyone as far naval capabilities go. and I'm discounting other EU Navies as they would not attack anyone if US is not participating. so, that leaves us with 2 Navies in our vicinity;
4. Indian Navy
5. MM Navy
now, if the forces goals are realized and we do go to war with MM hypothetically speaking BN will win although with major casualties!!
as for Indian Navy, they will sink our fleet in the bay even after completing the goals but they will not go unscathed. why? because the deterrence planned in FG 2030 will give their eastern fleet a heavy blow. so, as you have said they will think twice before attacking!!!
ok i agree with u if the FG is completed, despite of that main subject is our mentality.we want or not always we are silent about many matters which is related with neighbors. u know what i mean.sometime frustration comes for our leaderships.

Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB

Bangladesh Navy to purchase বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী মার্কিন যুক্তরাষ্ট্র এবং ইউরোপীয় দেশগুলো থেকে Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat from the U.S.A,tenders have been invited কেনার জন্য দরপত্র আহ্বান করেছে।মুলত for use by the SWADS টিমের জন্যই Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat কেনা হচ্ছে।

টেন্ডার লিংক-http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/1348.pdf
21106455_1454612437960518_487418881109699941_n.jpg

Bangladesh Navy to purchase বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী মার্কিন যুক্তরাষ্ট্র এবং ইউরোপীয় দেশগুলো থেকে Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat from the U.S.A,tenders have been invited কেনার জন্য দরপত্র আহ্বান করেছে।মুলত for use by the SWADS টিমের জন্যই Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat কেনা হচ্ছে।

টেন্ডার লিংক-http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/1348.pdf
21106455_1454612437960518_487418881109699941_n.jpg
These tiny toys can be built at home, govt should invest in R&D more so reduce long term cost.

These tiny toys can be built at home, govt should invest in R&D more so reduce long term cost.

True. RHIBs are not tough to manufacture at all. There are quite a few fibreglass hull manufacturers in Narayanganj area, the largest being the Navy yard which built the Dhaleswari class of small patrol boats with FG hulls.

2666.png
♦Good News
2666.png

Bangladesh Coast Guards likely to purchase 2 x Hovercrafts বাংলাদেশ কোস্টগার্ড হোভারক্রাফট কিনতে যাচ্ছে।সম্ভবত ২ টি হোভারক্রাফট কেনা হবে।

এসব হোভারক্রাফটের ট্রেনিং এবং মেনটেইনেন্স এর জন্য ভারতকে সাহায্য করার প্রস্তাব দেয়া হয়েছে।

21151612_1456307777790984_7201710021685329773_n.jpg

এসব হোভারক্রাফটের ট্রেনিং এবং মেনটেইনেন্স এর জন্য ভারতকে সাহায্য করার প্রস্তাব দেয়া হয়েছে।

Ohh, of course.. its the "Defence Pact". :lol:

Haire desh ta beicha dilo re. :rofl:

@Doyalbaba @Bilal9 @TopCat @Species @bluesky and others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom