What's new

Bangladesh is secular, not moderate Muslim country: FM

when state has nothing to do with religion.. No state religion then why cow slaughter is banned ??

It seems like state has nothing to do with religion but state can obey religion... that's why I say secularism is just a confused idea

because of humanity !! we cant slaughter someone who gives us milk .. we consider cow equivalent to mother if that sounds weird to Pakistani then who cares !!

What a poor logic!

They go in developed country to earn money does not mean they should follow western culture, religion etc. They work there so they earn money. They do not get money for free if they become non-religious. Will they? EastWatch bhai earns in Japan where people do not believe in God. Now if he recommends that therory for BD..........lol......I no need to say in detail even.

LoL, West have money, so will we have to change our ideology/ thinking from religious perspective? Sorry, this is not Bharat, who has copied what-not, they have allowed free sex, same sex, secularism to see the west have money. Your country was alway pure subservient of power and wealth. Incredible Poor Indiya. I think I can buy whole India, I will just need money.

Look who is talking about Poverty in India ..:lol:

because of humanity !! we cant slaughter someone who gives us milk .. we consider cow equivalent to mother if that sounds weird to Pakistani then who cares !!

haha O yaar it's about Muslims not Pakistanis even Muslims of India will found it wierd... If you want you state to not talk about religion then why cow slaughter banned still no one has a satisfactory answer to that.... advocates of secularism are themselves confused... and there are many such laws derived from religion in West as well...
Secularism theoretically looks cool but their is not a single practical example of that...

^^^
Why whats wrong with secularism? It merely means that the State will be equidistant from all religion (and atheism) and therefore will not formulate any policy that gives a particular religion undue advantage or puts a particular religion in jeopardy.

Whats wrong with that?

Highlighted bit, thats the problem.

One very simple example of why the theory of secularism is fake and impossible can be seen in recent incident of terry jones...

He was first not allowed to burn Quran and it seems like US govt. is taking side of Islam coz only Islam prohibits burning of Quran not any other religion...

but then when he burnt Quran it was like US govt. is anti-Islamic and pro Christianity coz they were unable to stop a person hurting the sentiments of a minority...

You can be on side of religion or against religion but not neutral about religion and that's a simple rule of thumb

haha O yaar it's about Muslims not Pakistanis even Muslims of India will found it wierd... If you want you state to not talk about religion then why cow slaughter banned still no one has a satisfactory answer to that.... advocates of secularism are themselves confused... and there are many such laws derived from religion in West as well...
Secularism theoretically looks cool but their is not a single practical example of that...

We are secular in a sense that everyone is allowed to practice one's religion !! though cow slaughtering is ban but you can find number of Hindus/muslims eating beef.. !! it is not hard to accept that INDIA IS A SECULAR COUNTRY .. and as far as iam concerned iam a Hindu who consider cow a holy Animal..!!

Cow slaughter is banned and so is Satanic Verses. Also Vande Mataram was not made India's national anthem.

Not an ideal scenario, but preventing hurting of people's religious feelings is a practical responsibility of the state in order to preserve law and order. A secular state is not beyond that.

India also bans caste system, is it interference in religion or states responsibility to guarantee equality and stop abuse?

THe so called secular india has a history full of religious genocides.

One of these last genocides was in Gujrat. But, you forgot how the secular Indians systematically demolished the Babar mosque and their equally secular govt allowed it to happen by putting CRP so that Muslims dare not interfere.

One of these last genocides was in Gujrat. But, you forgot how the secular Indians systematically demolished the Babar mosque and their equally secular govt allowed it to happen by putting CRP so that Muslims dare not interfere.

MUslims had no problem with Ayodhya Verdict..!! and if our own citizens had no problem with it and thats what matter to us...!! This verdict was reflection of the maturity that Indian citizens have adopted. though eventually but certainly concept of Hindu, Muslim in India will vanish..!!

and i suggest you searching the meaninig of 'Latest'..

Cow slaughter is banned and so is Satanic Verses. Also Vande Mataram was not made India's national anthem.

Not an ideal scenario, but preventing hurting of people's religious feelings is a practical responsibility of the state in order to preserve law and order.

So where is secularism which says religion has nothing to do with state ??
you agree that state has to obey religious laws sometimes to keep law and order and that simply proves there is not a single practical example of secularism..
Indian state take side of hindus when it comes to cow slaughter?? and you know cows are cheap and then if you go more deep into religion 7 people can take part in Qurbani of one cow and that makes it quiet easy to obey the order of Allah..
So it is unfair for Muslims

that is our Internal issue, please remain distant from it... :). My dear Bangla friend keep your hand on your heart and tell me, "doesn't religious/sectarian riots happen in bangladesh or pakistan???"

if not then I will agree that India is not good country.. We are newborn country, we have some problem, some differences, only a better governance can make a change.. Things are changing, We (india and bangladesh) are going in right direction..

I am proud of bangle intellectuals that they opted secular democracy. Its my personal belief that Bengolis are intellectual.. So please by posting this kind of crap , don't revert my perception...

@Gujrat : the riots are black spot on Indian democracy, We will wash it, justice will prevailed... Godhra train burning culprits are brought to justice, other rioters too will brought to justice...

You lack knowledge of the meaning for the word Genocide and also lack the knowledge about Ayodhya.

BTW I will not expect much from a person who says Assam is BD's though.

Not an ideal scenario, but preventing hurting of people's religious feelings is a practical responsibility of the state in order to preserve law and order. A secular state is not beyond that.

India also bans caste system, is it interference in religion or states responsibility to guarantee equality and stop abuse?

and I forgot to address the bolded part.. If India or any other state has nothing to do with religion why are they banning satanic verses ?? wats the point in banning them that simply means state is taking side of religion and not Atheism coz its not banned in Atheism if there are some followers of satan or devil it will be unfair for them

Being secular and being a moderate Muslim majority country are not mutually exclusive. Bangladesh can be both. I don't see the reason why Dipu Moni has to bring this up in a way to suggest it was choosing either one or the other. Secularism here means that the state will allow equal freedom of worship for all faiths and their practices. This is unlike the French example where secular means anti-religion.

Its not. Wether you like it or not, the Muslim majority is a part of Bangladesh just as being secular is. The same applies to countries like Turkey, Indonesia e.t.c.

and I forgot to address the bolded part.. If India or any other state has nothing to do with religion why are they banning satanic verses ?? wats the point in banning them that simply means state is taking side of religion and not Atheism coz its not banned in Atheism if there are some followers of satan or devil it will be unfair for them

Indian secularism is different from French Secularism.

While French secularism says No Church in State, Indian Secularism is equal benefits to all religions.

P.s.: I personally don't agree with Indian secularism though and would want the French style of No Church in state ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom