What's new

Bangladesh is secular, not moderate Muslim country: FM

You lack knowledge of the meaning for the word Genocide and also lack the knowledge about Ayodhya.

BTW I will not expect much from a person who says Assam is BD's though.

Hindus killed more than 3000 in Gujrat and they have used all the newly developed technics of toture before killing a Muslim man or a woman. Now, here you come to claim that it was a love affair! Shame on you and all the Hindus who take pleasure in killing and raping.

We do not want our Constitution to say BD is a secular country and then we also act like Hindus in India.

Can you cite one incident of communal riot in Bangladesh? We can cite tens of large and small riots in India.

And could you compare the percentage of minorities to cause any communal disharmony en mass for reasons, good or bad?

For instance, in Birmingham, one has seen communal rights, but not in Aberdeen.

The reasons are not far to see. The minority in Birmingham are sizeable, but not so in Aberdeen.

all the Hindus who take pleasure in killing and raping.

A rather interesting high in ignorance and bigotry.

Hindus killed more than 3000 in Gujrat and they have used all the newly developed technics of toture before killing a Muslim man or a woman. Now, here you come to claim that it was a love affair! Shame on you and all the Hindus who take pleasure in killing and raping.

We do not want our Constitution to say BD is a secular country and then we also act like Hindus in India.

You lack of basic knowledge is appalling.

I'm just so glad that all Bangladeshis don't think like you. If they did we would periodically have to give anti rabies injections to all those Indians living near the border.

I'm just so glad that all Bangladeshis don't think like you. If they did we would periodically have to give anti rabies injections to all those Indians living near the border.

Its not worth to send our dogs in india so that they themselves encounter cariac arrest due to zombies and bizzare smelling environment.

Religion is not mixed with politics in Bangladesh. However, Islam is a part of our heritage. To deny it is to deny our own identity. We already have politics and religion "separate" (well, BD is a democratic party where elected MP's make the law). However, we do not want to be called a "secular" party, because it is a denial of our own culture and heritage. France is "secular". Turkey is "secular". BDeshis do not want a country where girls wearing the headscarf are not allowed to enter universities or schools. If we accept we are a "secular" country, it will only be a matter of time before some atheists will call for the headscarf to be banned from universities, Islam to be banned, etc. We don't want that. Religion and politics is separate in BD and everyone is free to practise their own religion and there is no discrimination against anyone. But BD is a Democratic Islamic country, not a "secular" country. I think that is the thinking of the majority of Bangladeshis.

Being a secular country does NOT mean banning any religious symbols. It means allowing ANY and ALL religions an equal opportunity to be practiced. I am a Muslim from India (which is a Secular country) and I have portions of my relatives that actually wear the purdah in public. The purdah is not banned in India and niether is the turbans that the Sikhs wear. Just wanted to get that straight.

Sorry but are you saying that if the consitution of a country says that it is secular, then the country will kill minorities ??? Gujarat was one of the rare blackspot in secular India and people responsible are and will be bought to justice. Please don't keep on harping on Gujarat to justify your preference for BD not being secular. By that same logic, you should not want BD to be Islamic as well because the number of people (Muslims, mostly) killed in Pakistan in sectarian voilence outnumber by multiple times the unfortunate victims in Gujarat. In fact, the number of innocent muslims killed in BD by the Pak army in the war outnumber the Gujarat victims by millions and Pakistan is an Islamic republic !!

In the end, it is up to you whether you want to have religion mix into politics or keep them seperate. When a religion mixes with politics - no matter whether it is Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, or Judaism - it only wreaks havoc on the population.

This is the weirdest post I have ever seen on this forum.

Being secular and being a moderate Muslim majority country are not mutually exclusive. Bangladesh can be both. I don't see the reason why Dipu Moni has to bring this up in a way to suggest it was choosing either one or the other. Secularism here means that the state will allow equal freedom of worship for all faiths and their practices. This is unlike the French example where secular means anti-religion.

Its not. Wether you like it or not, the Muslim majority is a part of Bangladesh just as being secular is. The same applies to countries like Turkey, Indonesia e.t.c.

We have allocated religious holiday to negligible minorities and we allow them to worship in unimaginable manner so Bangladesh doesn't need any other reform to accommodate less than 10% minority. I think Bangladesh is just fine the way it is. If Awami backed by Bharti push too much then it will have reverse effect.

On the flip side, you live in a secular India and your Muslim population comprise of about 15% yet you are not allow to sacrifice a cow. Yes, I know you can sacrifice goat or lamb but a cow has got protection from majority Hindus from religious prospective. keep in mind that India suppose to be secular where region doesn't exist in state affair so why there is a double standard practice exist in secular system?

We like to retain Islamic principal in our Constitution because we are Muslim. It makes us happy and we have declare that we only bow to Allah. You as a Muslim should be happy about this.

Being a secular country does NOT mean banning any religious symbols. It means allowing ANY and ALL religions an equal opportunity to be practiced. I am a Muslim from India (which is a Secular country) and I have portions of my relatives that actually wear the purdah in public. The purdah is not banned in India and niether is the turbans that the Sikhs wear. Just wanted to get that straight.

In Hindustan, Hindu comprise of 60% and other minorities about 40% whereas we are over whelmed Muslim majority. Secular also means a tool to suppress the presence of God in state level, as a result anti god element find it easy to expand it's activity. For example: You have legalized gay marriage recently.

See this kind of unnatural and sick mentality doesn't exist in Bangladesh and we like to keep it this way.

Sorry but are you saying that if the consitution of a country says that it is secular, then the country will kill minorities ??? Gujarat was one of the rare blackspot in secular India and people responsible are and will be bought to justice. Please don't keep on harping on Gujarat to justify your preference for BD not being secular. By that same logic, you should not want BD to be Islamic as well because the number of people (Muslims, mostly) killed in Pakistan in sectarian voilence outnumber by multiple times the unfortunate victims in Gujarat. In fact, the number of innocent muslims killed in BD by the Pak army in the war outnumber the Gujarat victims by millions and Pakistan is an Islamic republic !!

In the end, it is up to you whether you want to have religion mix into politics or keep them seperate. When a religion mixes with politics - no matter whether it is Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, or Judaism - it only wreaks havoc on the population.

There are Christian holidays (Easter and Christmas), Buddhist holidays, and Hindu holidays in Bangladesh. And there always will be.

The point is that the AL is being so confrontational to anything "Islamic" in nature, that it angers many of the country's mullahs.

Yeah, most of the Bangladeshi mullahs or religious zealots are a bit retarded and delusional, but they can be extremely vocal and violent if provoked. And they have support.
Bangladesh demo over women's rights turns violent | Pakistan Today | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia

What I don't understand about the AL-led government is their refusal to go along with people's commitments. Isn't that why people voted for them over the BNP? People were already frustrated with Khaleda's sons when the BNP was in power. They just focus on petty things instead.

Dipu Moni doesn't even understand or even comprehend what religion and secularism is.

You lack of basic knowledge is appalling.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh! You have then already surveyed the entire population of Bangladesh?

I want to say we do not want to be hypocrats like the Indians who do not have any morality and have no value system. Your brand of secularism is good for your country. And our Islam, the moderate form of of it, is good for our country. It carries many values which we cannot forfeit just to please India. We do not want a communal riot like it happens all the time in India. Islam says "Your religion is yours and his religion is his." If we go secular some people may find it advantageous to forget the teachings of Islam, and go Gujrat way.

Back
Top Bottom