What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Are 2nd hand Typhoons even available apart from Austria?
We can talk about that once they are for sale again as it looks like BAF has shown zero interest in the Austrian ones currently on sale.
If available they would be better than F-16s, although more expensive choice.

As for India, they will only care if BD gets AESA radar and AIM-120D as the F-16 Block 50/52+ is no match for their Rafales with AESA + Meteor missile. Yes USA may not sell that package but we have no way of knowing unless BD actually asks them.
Like I already said F-16 is NOT for India but Myanmar. China will supply fighters to take on India but since BAF cannot even equip itself for Myanmar that is in the distance for now.

Refurbished F-16s like I say will only be for 10-15 years while BD gets richer and has real options on buying sanction free 5th gen fighters like say from Turkey.

Any country that BD deals with will try to "control" BD in one way or another. New build 4th gen fighters will make BD dependent on the supplier nation for 30 years from 2025 at the earliest now onwards.
Trick with USA is not to rely on them too much. BD can balance between USA and China by buying the correct system from each country.

Myanmar breaking up is a pipe dream for now. They have sold themselves to the Chinese and China will keep them intact as long as they stay in line. China gains nothing from a multitude of states rising from the ashes of Myanmar.

I thought Indonesia is buying the austrian efts.... these are first generation jets.... need to be upgraded...if they fall out BAF should jump at the chance as long as it comes with meteor.

But it is BAF.....

I thought Indonesia is buying the austrian efts.... these are first generation jets.... need to be upgraded...if they fall out BAF should jump at the chance as long as it comes with meteor.

But it is BAF.....

Pointless as they are Tranche 1 and cannot be upgraded to AESA radar to fire Meteor.

BD would need permission from USA for AMRAAM and so may as well get the cheaper to buy and operate F-16 in that case.

Pointless as they are Tranche 1 and cannot be upgraded to AESA radar to fire Meteor.

BD would need permission from USA for AMRAAM and so may as well get the cheaper to buy and operate F-16 in that case.

So as time goes on our 4++ gen fighter options are getting quite slim , BAF did acknowledge that we don't have these jets recently so it means they haven't bought anything yet.

Idk what's the hold up , time is running out and we aren't doing anything

almost ever dam nation has 4++ gen fighters or is getting one soon so its Fk embarassing to see us without one.

This should be the wakeup call to BAF

And don't even get me started on our next gen frigate program :angry:

They say we will have a strong navy by 2030

And I'm like 6 frigates isn't a strong navy it's still weak for 2030

So as time goes on our 4++ gen fighter options are getting quite slim , BAF did acknowledge that we don't have these jets recently so it means they haven't bought anything yet.

Idk what's the hold up , time is running out and we aren't doing anything

almost ever dam nation has 4++ gen fighters or is getting one soon so its Fk embarassing to see us without one.

This should be the wakeup call to BAF

And don't even get me started on our next gen frigate program :angry:

They say we will have a strong navy by 2030

And I'm like 6 frigates isn't a strong navy it's still weak for 2030

"Forces Goal 2030" with the plan for 10 squadrons(160) fighter planes by 2030 was a realistic and achievable plan as per BD's resources.

It would have made BD far more powerful than Myanmar and able to provide some kind of deterrent to Indian constant bullying.

It is nearly 2021 and there is not even an order for modern jets and which AWACs is coming to control these fighters? Where are the MRSAMs to protect the airbases and other strategic targets like ports and power stations?

Right now BD is a country that is acting like it is in the middle of Europe rather than next to 2 rather nasty countries in the form of India and Myanmar.

"Forces Goal 2030" with the plan for 10 squadrons(160) fighter planes by 2030 was a realistic and achievable plan as per BD's resources.

It would have made BD far more powerful than Myanmar and able to provide some kind of deterrent to Indian constant bullying.

It is nearly 2021 and there is not even an order for modern jets and which AWACs is coming to control these fighters? Where are the MRSAMs to protect the airbases and other strategic targets like ports and power stations?

Right now BD is a country that is acting like it is in the middle of Europe rather than next to 2 rather nasty countries in the form of India and Myanmar.

Sighs*

I remember being so hyped for Su30s back in 2017 and then my hopes started to fall about the BAF on being a Damm Air Force

160 fighters by 2030 is realistic but again we're talking about corruption and Bangladesh being a country known for delaying things.

And honestly our ports are in danger cause Myanmar can easily target it , I expected Turkish Hisar O at least but I don't see any news about it.

There's also certain Bangaldeshis that keep screaming " Su30s " like a fk child not knowing that U.S will sanction us if we buy it.

and wait are we actually buying AWACS ?

Sighs*

I remember being so hyped for Su30s back in 2017 and then my hopes started to fall about the BAF on being a Damm Air Force

160 fighters by 2030 is realistic but again we're talking about corruption and Bangladesh being a country known for delaying things.

And honestly our ports are in danger cause Myanmar can easily target it , I expected Turkish Hisar O at least but I don't see any news about it.

There's also certain Bangaldeshis that keep screaming " Su30s " like a fk child not knowing that U.S will sanction us if we buy it.

and wait are we actually buying AWACS ?

Russia now, maybe China down the line as the rivalry between USA and China heats up as time passes.

BD needs to plan for this eventuality as it may be forced to choose and currently there is no choice. It will have to become a US client state and do it's bidding as regards China.

Does BD have any strategic thinkers at all in the leadership? Maybe, maybe not.

Russia now, maybe China down the line as the rivalry between USA and China heats up as time passes.

BD needs to plan for this eventuality as it may be forced to choose and currently there is no choice. It will have to become a US client state and do it's bidding as regards China.

Does BD have any strategic thinkers at all in the leadership? Maybe, maybe not.

Pssh do you think these dam low IQ theives can play with the Chinese and Americans ?

All they care about is how much money can they milk out of Bangladesh , Momen the fat fück isnt much of a critical thinker

BD will try to stay neutral and it depends , we export to the west but our economy relies mostly on China especially mega projects

Also Bangaldesh isn't a investor friendly country

Pssh do you think these dam low IQ theives can play with the Chinese and Americans ?

All they care about is how much money can they milk out of Bangladesh , Momen the fat fück isnt much of a critical thinker

BD will try to stay neutral and it depends , we export to the west but our economy relies mostly on China especially mega projects

A new generation of leaders are coming, you forget most politicians in positions of power in BD are in their 70s now, what 10 more years then they're gone.

Just hope, the new one are better and more aware of the reality that surrounds us all.

A new generation of leaders are coming, you forget most politicians in positions of power in BD are in their 70s now, what 10 more years then they're gone.

Just hope, the new one are better and more aware of the reality that surrounds us all.

True , heck even I have been thinking of running but I gotta get rich somehow plus I don't even know how to write or read Bengali :D

Honestly we need someone like Singapores PM Lee, just someone who's honest and patrotic for Bangladesh and not for any other dam nation

Actually China is pretty insignificant to BD economy, apart from imports from it.
Chinese Mega Projects are not as significant when you look at what comes from Japan and others combined. China is still in the minority here.

When it comes to 7 billion US dollar a year exports plus the billions of dollars of low-interest loans every year from World Bank, ADB and Japan that US has massive influence over, then you get an idea how influential US is.

Even Biman is pretty much totally reliant on Boeing now for it's new jets.

Like it or not, BD must at least not antagonise the US as it can do serious economic harm to BD if it chose to.

Anyway this is veering from off-topic of BAF and so we should only talk about that.

Japan is more than ready to invest dollar for dollar when it comes to infrastructure projects matching Beijing.

Japanese companies, finish the work on time too, there by saving money, Chinese projects are extended time and again raising costs and piling up interest.

Japan is more than ready to invest dollar for dollar when it comes to infrastructure projects matching Beijing.

Japanese companies, finish the work on time too, there by saving money, Chinese projects are extended time and again raising costs and piling up interest.

Also due to Bangladesh not being a easy to invest in nation is hampering more investments from Japan

Japan is also setting up our automotive industry company " Pragati "

Hopefully we start to manufacture cars , buses and or trucks

Have a read of this as this may not be the case.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british-typhoon-jets-to-receive-aesa-radar-upgrade/

Here is a slightly alternative counter point.....

By remaining militarily weak we can ensure our strategic maneuverability when it comes to staying out of china vs US quagmire.

It has worked for european countries like germany who concentrated on economy and just relied on Nato i.e. US for defense.

It obviously does not work on our scenario and in our neighbourhood given the aggresive neighbours we have in the long term....but on the short to medium term....maybe...

Last edited:

Tranche 1 can fire meteor with or without upgrades. It however is incapable to ground attack roles
True , heck even I have been thinking of running but I gotta get rich somehow plus I don't even know how to write or read Bengali :D

Honestly we need someone like Singapores PM Lee, just someone who's honest and patrotic for Bangladesh and not for any other dam nation
Simple, marry someone from sheikh family :D you’re from Barisal, right beside faridpur... they won’t have beef with your people

Have a read of this as this may not be the case.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/british-typhoon-jets-to-receive-aesa-radar-upgrade/

Here is a slightly alternative counter point.....

By remaining militarily weak we can ensure our strategic maneuverability when it comes to staying out of china vs US quagmire.

It has worked for european countries like germany who concentrated on economy and just relied on Nato i.e. US for defense.

It obviously does not work on our scenario and in our neighbourhood given the aggresive neighbours we have in the long term....but on the short to medium term....maybe...

UK will start with the 40 Tranche 3 aircraft with this vastly improved AESA radar and then may move onto the Tranche 2.
In fact if BAF was to get Eurofighter in the end this delay may be a blessing as then it would get the far superior Mk2(modern tech) AESA rather than the Mk0(US 2000s tech) that got flogged to the Gulfies.

Due to the design of the nose of the Tranche 1 aircraft they cannot fit an AESA radar without extensive modifications and no partner nation is planning to even try.

@Michael Corleone - Sorry, Eurofighter does not need AESA radar to fire Meteor but Tranche 1 definitely cannot fire Meteor. Only Tranche 2 and 3 can do that. No partner nation is planning any modifications on the Tranche 1 radar to allow them to be able to do that but maybe BD can somehow get it done if it buys some in the end.

Back
Top Bottom