What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

View attachment 680948

What's with the DEFSECA article about BAF upgrading AAM for F-7?

As far as I know BAF has PL-5, PL-7 and PL-9.

PL-10? or are they referring to the relatively new PL-9?

Don't know maybe PL-9 , but dam we still operating F-7s and upgrading them ?

Guys, we need to start reading between the lines here and that is that the AL regime sees little need to turn BD into a decent military power.

Blaming BAF incompetence may soothe some but fundamentally it's leadership is put in place by the government. Hasina may not be a military expert but even she is aware that BD airspace is almost completely undefended and would have done something about it by now if she was so inclined.

With BN it is nearly 2021 and they still have not selected a partner to design the next-gen frigates. The delay in completing the shipyard does not explain not at least having a partner by now and the plan was announced 3 years ago in 2017.

Under this AL government BD seems likely to stay a weak nation that can even be bullied by Myanmar with it's superior airforce. Even a new government could take 5-10 years to reach Myanmar capability, let alone be able to have any kind of deterrence against India.

Guys, we need to start reading between the lines here and that is that the AL regime sees little need to turn BD into a decent military power.

Blaming BAF incompetence may soothe some but fundamentally it's leadership is put in place by the government. Hasina may not be a military expert but even she is aware that BD airspace is almost completely undefended and would have done something about it by now if she was so inclined.

With BN it is nearly 2021 and they still have not selected a partner to design the next-gen frigates. The delay in completing the shipyard does not explain not at least having a partner by now and the plan was announced 3 years ago in 2017.

Under this AL government BD seems likely to stay a weak nation that can even be bullied by Myanmar with it's superior airforce. Even a new government could take 5-10 years to reach Myanmar capability, let alone be able to have any kind of deterrence against India.
Even @UKBengali is giving up on BAF modernisation.
BAF has hit rock bottom. Curious to see whether they can stoop any lower.

Last edited:

You gotta be fu*king kidding me ? We still don't have a partner in our next gen frigates huh ?

And yeah , 6 modern frigates in 2030 isn't much since every other dam nation will have like 12 lol.

Honestly idek , I have a little hope but if Bangladesh doesn't announce new fighter procurement by next year then I'm done.

We can't be this weak , we aren't pu*sies

What's with the DEFSECA article about BAF upgrading AAM for F-7?

As far as I know BAF has PL-5, PL-7 and PL-9.

PL-10? or are they referring to the relatively new PL-9?
More like updated version of the existing ones. I don't believe F 7's are capable in any form to carry& guide the 2 missiles you mentioned.

Also all the news of EFT etc are crap. The damage that's been done to BAF in last 2 decade is immense. It will be tough to re organise

Last edited:
More like updated version of the existing ones. I don't believe F 7's are capable in any form to carry& guide the 2 missiles you mentioned.

Also all the news of EFT etc are crap. The damage that's been done to BAF in last 2 decade is immense. It will be tough to re organise

Everyone in the world is modernizing their Air Force , Philippines, Myanmar heck even Nigeria has good fighters.

But us Bangaldeshis aren't , it's too fücking embrassing.

How the heck can others do it and not us ?

It is natural to feel deflated but we must keep hope.

BN from 10 years ago is a radically different force who have achieved quantum leap in capability.

BA has also seen improvements maybe not as vast as BN but they have introduced Sams, increased artillery and have upgraded infantry assets as well as numbers.

Coast guard has seen doubling of assets.

BGB also has seen improvements.

It is BAF that is lagging behind. One deal will change the scenario. Just 16 4th generation jets will give us upper hand vis a vis the savages.

BAF is responsible for its fate. Having seen them publicly recognising their failure gives me hope.

It is natural to feel deflated but we must keep hope.

BN from 10 years ago is a radically different force who have achieved quantum leap in capability.

BA has also seen improvements maybe not as vast as BN but they have introduced Sams, increased artillery and have upgraded infantry assets as well as numbers.

Coast guard has seen doubling of assets.

BGB also has seen improvements.

It is BAF that is lagging behind. One deal will change the scenario. Just 16 4th generation jets will give us upper hand vis a vis the savages.

BAF is responsible for its fate. Having seen them publicly recognising their failure gives me hope.

Patience is key.

BAF acquiring mrca jets won't have a positive or negative impact on any of our lives.

Hell, most of the people on here are of Bangladeshi descent not citizenship, so whether BAF has jets hardly affects anyone.

I understand it's a matter of pride perhaps but we must look at this from a broader perspective, Jets or lack there of, aren't the end of the world.

Bangladesh is moving in the right direction and if they can't afford a few jets right now, then that's a chance we'll have to take.

Remember, 160 million lives won't get improved by a few jets, but money sent on their welfare will, perhaps the government has other priorities.

Besides, something is coming, I can sense it, let's just be patient, the air chief isn't a moron, he'll get it done before he finishes his tenure.

Patience brothers, Patience.

Patience is key.

BAF acquiring mrca jets won't have a positive or negative impact on any of our lives.

Hell, most of the people on here are of Bangladeshi descent not citizenship, so whether BAF has jets hardly affects anyone.

I understand it's a matter of pride perhaps but we must look at this from a broader perspective, Jets or lack there of, aren't the end of the world.

Bangladesh is moving in the right direction and if they can't afford a few jets right now, then that's a chance we'll have to take.

Remember, 160 million lives won't get improved by a few jets, but money sent on their welfare will, perhaps the government has other priorities.

Besides, something is coming, I can sense it, let's just be patient, the air chief isn't a moron, he'll get it done before he finishes his tenure.

Patience brothers, Patience.
murbii - when i will see that EU fighter in BD colors ?:(

I'm curious what you think of Serniabat's speech? (From Oct 2019)

IMO, it was fairly straight forward and honest.

Notably, the example of Singapore vs Sri Lanka. i.e. Awareness of other small nations having a strong air arm.

A different outcome if BAF was better equipped regarding 2017 Rohingya debacle. i.e. Myanmar wouldn't have tried it in the first place. i.e. deterrence.

And overall a rather honest assessment and public lament of the state of affairs of the BAF.

Thoughts?

Spain is about to put in for 20 EFT..... BD has lost its window of opportunity.... it will take atleast another 5 years for new jets unless additional production line is opened....that is a possibility..... but seriously if eft was to come to BD it would be 2nd hand.....

In all seriousness I think EFT dream is dead..... likely to be J10 or some more russian junk.. F16 unlikely as is Gripen in my opinion....

Spain is about to put in for 20 EFT..... BD has lost its window of opportunity.... it will take atleast another 5 years for new jets unless additional production line is opened....that is a possibility..... but seriously if eft was to come to BD it would be 2nd hand.....

In all seriousness I think EFT dream is dead..... likely to be J10 or some more russian junk.. F16 unlikely as is Gripen in my opinion....

Pathetic.

I understand priorities.

But just a few years ago Bangladesh got its a33 handed to them by Myanmar.

Kono loja shorom nai.

2024, or later.

Whatever they're getting, it's going to be brand new.

What about new medium range SAMs ? Can't have new fighters without SAMs

It's like having rice without Dal :partay:

Also are we getting any AWACS ?

Well brand new is good, but second hand doesn't seem that bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom