What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

It's nobodies insecurity. The sentiments and perceptions of people on social media do not necessarily represent the state's policy or perceptions. Otherwise, it could also be said that Pakistan is unwilling to sell JF-17 to BD because it doesn't that BD won't provide access to India. Having said that, BD not buying JF-17 is BD's own business but as far as speculation goes it mostly seems like a political decision. As long as Hassina is in power the possibility of such a deal is quite grim. Khalida might have been a different story.
Truth be told, it was under Hasina when they were evaluated, imo if Khaleda had been in power, the navy wouldn’t be what it is today... and forget about the air force... she would just buy jf17s as replacements for old fleet. Not actually modernize or anything. if I was god, I would rather have had ershad in power... but too bad the dude is dead and couldn’t do much for the country like he hoped

J-10s are mentioned there... Just read it fully.
I did. I think j10s are perfect candidate to form backbone of our fleet... 6-8 squadrons of j10 and 2 eft will be perfect.the EFTs if all goes smoothly should serve as air superiority fighters, i don’t see EFT multiroles in our sky... not until 2023 delivery of tranche 3 of Kuwait is done

Truth be told, it was under Hasina when they were evaluated, imo if Khaleda had been in power, the navy wouldn’t be what it is today... and forget about the air force... she would just buy jf17s as replacements for old fleet. Not actually modernize or anything. if I was god, I would rather have had ershad in power... but too bad the dude is dead and couldn’t do much for the country like he hoped

I did. I think j10s are perfect candidate to form backbone of our fleet... 6-8 squadrons of j10 and 2 eft will be perfect.the EFTs if all goes smoothly should serve as air superiority fighters, i don’t see EFT multiroles in our sky... not until 2023 delivery of tranche 3 of Kuwait is done

Any Typhoon would be used and thus Tranche 1 restricted essentially for the air to air mission.

Get some Meteors and ASRAAM and now you are talking.

For multirole, yes J-10C is perfect.

It can fulfill the anti-ship role with the YJ-91 along with other missiles probably.

The only question is range.

I don't know the radius of action for J-10C and probably the Flanker is better in that respect.

Still all things considered.....used Typhoon and J-10C is the way to go probably.

If things are gonna be signed soon, I doubt Gripen or F-16 is in the cards.

*This post is only for the Ehl-i Iman who understand Hakikat. I have put most of the BD members in my "ignore" list...

upload_2019-9-27_13-32-27.png

Any Typhoon would be used and thus Tranche 1 restricted essentially for the air to air mission.

It can fulfill the anti-ship role with the YJ-91 along with other missiles probably.

I don't know the radius of action for J-10C and probably the Flanker is better in that respect.

Still all things considered.....used Typhoon and J-10C is the way to go probably.

J-10C is more than enough for a multirole/air superiority role. PL-15s have similar range to Meteor and PL-10 is like ASRAAM. TBH, I don't think China will sell J-10C but may offer J-10B to BD.
In modern A2A combat you usually don't use fighters radar for acquisition, you use AWACS. BD needs AWACS as well preferably from China if BD buys J-10.

J-10C is more than enough for a multirole/air superiority role. PL-15s have similar range to Meteor and PL-10 is like ASRAAM. TBH, I don't think China will sell J-10C but may offer J-10B to BD.

I think the J-10B was a stop gap until the C was available.

The -B uses the AL-31FN whereas the -C just started to use the WS-10.

It may be the Russians may not release the AF-31 to BD because of spite of not buying their aircraft.

The -B uses a PESA whereas the -C is full AESA.

I heard on another forum that China is VERY EAGER to export the -C as the -CE.

I don't know if that's true or not but J-10C would be a great add to BAF.

The other issue is AEW/AWACS.

KJ-200 or KJ-500?

If Typhoons are bought I doubt they are compatible.

Might have to come up with a Pakistan type solution regarding Thunders, F-16, Eireye and ZDK-03.

https://quwa.org/2016/04/05/link-17-pakistans-homegrown-data-link-system/

upload_2019-3-21_14-16-34-jpeg.548019

I think the J-10B was a stop gap until the C was available.

The -B uses the AL-31FN whereas the -C just started to use the WS-10.

It may be the Russians may not release the AF-31 to BD because of spite of not buying their aircraft.

The -B uses a PESA whereas the -C is full AESA.

I heard on another forum that China is VERY EAGER to export the -C as the -CE.

I don't know if that's true or not but J-10C would be a great add to BAF.

The other issue is AEW/AWACS.

KJ-200 or KJ-500?

If Typhoons are bought I doubt they are compatible.

Might have to come up with a Pakistan type solution regarding Thunders, F-16, Eireye and ZDK-03.

https://quwa.org/2016/04/05/link-17-pakistans-homegrown-data-link-system/
Yes, I agree Russia may be reluctant to sell engines to BD because of India. C is AESA, you are correct and would be a huge, huge boost to BAF compared to what they have now. AWACS is complicated by data linking with Typhoon by a Chinese system. It could probably be done, but unlikely.

• Max speed (km/hr): 550
  • Max range (km): 5700
  • Max endurance (hr): 12
  • Max takeoff weight(tons): 77
  • Range against fighter sized targets (km): 470
Flying in central BD it could cover all of BD, and be safe from A2A missiles.
upload_2019-9-27_17-21-26.png

Also, do you agree Surface Launched Cruise Missiles could help BD Army or AF or hell even the Navy? Saturation attacks on Indian and MM bases would render them destroyed.

Last edited:

Tranche 1 Typhoon cannot fire Meteor as it needs the Tranche 3's AESA radar to be able to do it.

I very much doubt that BAF would actually purchase Tranche 1 Typhoons since it's dated electronics would impact too much on performance.

Tranche 1 Typhoon cannot fire Meteor as it needs the Tranche 3's AESA radar to be able to do it.

I very much doubt that BAF would actually purchase Tranche 1 Typhoons since it's dated electronics would impact too much on performance.

You’re right they can’t use Meteor.

That presents a problem then in terms of BVR missile unless the US releases AMRAAM.

This show bangladesh is bigger enemy of pakistan then israel.isral look brother to me here
People like you are the cancer of the Muslim world.If I was new to this forum, I'd have thought you to be an Indian or Israeli false-flagger.
Other members here should take note of the bold part.
isral look brother to me here
Anyone, to whom Israel looks like a brother, is garbage.Just like someone who thinks India is his brother despite atrocities committed in Kashmir.

A bengali talking muslimhood ahhahaha last week your elected minister said we are bengali first muslim after that . Your country as a whole is curse for muslims . I am still confused bd is hindu country or not.
Anyone sucking hindu facists balls is more liek a prostitute
You're a very unpleasant person.Also, your insults are lacking in quality. Try to learn how to insult from @Nilgiri or @Retired Troll.Also learn how to spell as well.
Anyone ** hindu facists balls is more ***
Your language only shows what kinda person you are.
@waz, @Dubious, @Irfan Baloch, @WebMaster.
I have seen him posting this kinda stuff & much worse many times & getting away with it.Is he above the law because he is an old member & Pakistani?

Last edited by a moderator:
A bengali talking muslimhood ahhahaha last week your elected minister said we are bengali first muslim after that . Your country as a whole is curse for muslims . I am still confused bd is hindu country or not.

F35 will be better f16 is 45 yeats old junk sir:tup::D
Mind your language

The language being used here from both BD & Pakistani members is despicable and uncalled for.

Anyway, my 2 cents are that BD doesn't need a powerful aircraft, it needs a quantitatively qualitative Air Force. Advance jets such as EFT or Su-30/35 would only come in a handful of numbers. Another "8" aircraft won't do. BAF at least requires ~30 new jets alongside airborne early warning system (at least one). Also, don't think India, think Myanmar for now.

Back
Top Bottom