What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Besides Rohingayan immigrants, whats the issue with Mayanmar and Bangladesh???
In short.

Rohingya.

Potential maritime disputes.

Most importantly, the ongoing hostile attitude towards BD by the Myanmar government and peoples.

There is high potential for at least border skirmishes.

Also @Philip the Arab

To address your earlier post:

Take this with many grains of salt.

BD is building 2 airbases, one in Barisal and the other in Sylhet.

It has Dhaka of course, and is expanding the one in Chittagong as well as Cox's Bazar.

So that makes 5.

You would think each would have AT LEAST 1 full squadron.

So your looking at 5 squadrons eventually of a fighter type. (InshAllah)

Right now there is a half squadron of Mig-29 in Dhaka.

Also 2 squadrons of F-7. (One BG, the other BGI)

I'm not gonna count the combat capable Yaks in this as they are mainly for training with a secondary ground attack capability.

So that's really 2.5 squadrons at present.

What you potentially might see then is the BAF more than double its combat capable multirole aircraft in fielding 5 squadrons.

The question is whats the mix?

To be continued.

Last edited:
Besides Rohingayan immigrants, whats the issue with Mayanmar and Bangladesh???
In short.
Whatever the issue, if a conflict with MM happened it would be a skirmish and not a full blown war. I propose BD invest in GLCM, and layered SAMs against them instead of focusing on A2A combat. MMs bases are spread out and those that can actually reach BD and hit them are few and concentrated mostly in Sittwe. If BD can get GPS ground launched cruise missiles with 300+ KM range a lot of Myanmar will be in range of strikes. Any aircraft stragglers that get into their air can be dealt with by long range SAMs.

Rohingya.

Most importantly, the ongoing hostile attitude towards BD by the Myanmar government and peoples.

Also @Philip the Arab

It has Dhaka of course, and is expanding the one in Chittagong as well as Cox's Bazar.

So that makes 5.

I'm not gonna count the combat capable Yaks in this as they are mainly for training with a secondary ground attack capability.

What you potentially might see then is the BAF more than double its combat capable multirole aircraft in fielding 5 squadrons.

To be continued.
Why can't BD just buy JF-17s and J-10s for India while focusing older planes and GLCMs on MM? As I said, Myanmar has 5 main airbases spread out across the country.

Sittwe airbase and possibly Meiktila air base is almost certinly the only threat if you look on a map and it has a total of 30 fighters either F-7s, or Mig-29s.
Ye, Myitkana, Myiek, Tachileik are all too far to have any effect right away but could be destroyed as well. It would be best to start with 20 GLCMs being launched towards Sittwe from Cox's Bazaar and possibly 20 GLCMs launched at Meiktila as well. Any stragglers would be taken out by BDs SAMs and older planes like BGI, and Mig-29s.
upload_2019-9-27_11-36-36.png

Layer this around Cox's Bazaar to prevent retaliation.

HQ-16A_LY-80_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_military_technology_detail_001.jpg

Whatever the issue, if a conflict with MM happened it would be a skirmish and not a full blown war. I propose BD invest in GLCM, and layered SAMs against them instead of focusing on A2A combat. MMs bases are spread out and those that can actually reach BD and hit them are few and concentrated mostly in Sittwe. If BD can get GPS ground launched cruise missiles with 300+ KM range a lot of Myanmar will be in range of strikes. Any aircraft stragglers that get into their air can be dealt with by long range SAMs.

Why can't BD just buy JF-17s and J-10s for India while focusing older planes and GLCMs on MM? As I said, Myanmar has 5 main airbases spread out across the country.

Sittwe airbase and possibly Meiktila air base is almost certinly the only threat if you look on a map and it has a total of 30 fighters either F-7s, or Mig-29s.
Ye, Myitkana, Myiek, Tachileik are all too far to have any effect right away but could be destroyed as well. It would be best to start with 20 GLCMs being launched towards Sittwe from Cox's Bazaar and possibly 20 GLCMs launched at Meiktila as well. Any stragglers would be taken out by BDs SAMs and older planes like BGI, and Mig-29s.
View attachment 581443

Layer this around Cox's Bazaar to prevent retaliation.

HQ-16A_LY-80_ground-to-air_defence_missile_system_China_Chinese-army_defence_industry_military_technology_detail_001.jpg
you are wasting your energy sir sorry to say .

BD is not gonna make some air force . last 25 years they buy some 8-10 f7s . in future they will buy some 10-15 fighter jets but god knows when . its not worth to type long posts and etc . BD members having this favorite time-pass since last 7 years here .

you are wasting your energy sir sorry to say .

BD is not gonna make some air force . last 25 years they buy some 8-10 f7s . in future they will buy some 10-15 fighter jets but god knows when . its not worth to type long posts and etc . BD members having this favorite time-pass since last 7 years here .
I have a lot of time on my hands... Its no problem to talk to other members about my ideas.

I have a lot of time on my hands... Its no problem to talk to other members about my ideas.
Those whom need to make aurforce they are buy jf17RUBI .yes i mean mayanmar air force . From our side we already sekected mayanmar over BD.

And? Greece and Turkey both operate the F-16. So what?
Well as we have seen i think PAF and imran khan will not even allow to sale thunders to BD for both polotical and tech reasons .sending thunders to BD mean sending thunders direct in indian hands . Haseena was barking until last year to pakistan i think imran khan knoe it very well that she is puppet of india.forget thunder they can but something else.

You can see the bias and idiocy of some of the members here.

Thanks for your interest in the BAF.

Your ideas are good.

I think there's a large degree of incompetence in the decision makers concerning BAF.

So although I'd like to discount some of the haters, I'm not really sure how its gonna play out.

Also, as long as Hasina is in power, JF-17 isn't happening.

But I will say this, there is no inherent beef between the people of BD and PK beyond the lingering effects of 1971.

Hasina/AL has used that for political benefit.

But even as early as 1991 there was amicable relations militarily.

PAF had gifted BAF a large number of J-6 in 1991, which were unfortunately taken out by a cyclone because the incompetent BAF did not move them out of the way.

Well as we have seen i think PAF and imran khan will not even allow to sale thunders to BD for both polotical and tech reasons .sending thunders to BD mean sending thunders direct in indian hands . Haseena was barking until last year to pakistan i think imran khan knoe it very well that she is puppet of india.forget thunder they can but something else.
You don't think Nigeria will give Thunders directly to Israeli hands and then to Indian hands?

You can see the bias and idiocy of some of the members here.

Thanks for your interest in the BAF.

Your ideas are good.

I think there's a large degree of incompetence in the decision makers concerning BAF.

So although I'd like to discount some of the haters, I'm not really sure how its gonna play out.
Idiocy is talking big 15 years and buying nothing .its stupidity just go read posts of 2007 2010 2015 and 2017 all same dreams of high tech are just dreams

You don't think Nigeria will give Thunders directly to Israeli hands and then to Indian hands?
Israel is not a threat to us at all

Rohingya.

Also @Philip the Arab

So that makes 5.

To be continued.
Border skirmishes would be between the BGB and BGP. If the armed forces of both the nation gets involved then it will be an all out war.

Idiocy is talking big 15 years and buying nothing .its stupidity just go read posts of 2007 2010 2015 and 2017 all same dreams of high tech are just dreams

Israel is not a threat to us at all

"Israel is not a threat to us at all"

Like I was saying IDIOCY.

Don't mind him.He's biased, sometimes outright hateful against BD.Often disgustingly so with attitude you'd expect from sanghi Indian.
I do agree with @Avicenna vai.Your ideas are good. Keep it up.It's nice to have decent discussions in this forum sometimes. It's a rare occurrence after all.

Back
Top Bottom