What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Post number 7095.

Bangladesh Airforce however wont last 7095 seconds in a war.

#TrueStory
BD has voluntarily rejected Urdu, so no Ordu for them!!! Ilahi Adalet....

RAW HQ for BD ops lies within the GHQ of the BD Army - they share the same building!!! Pak has taken her revenge....

Last edited:
@Avicenna
You can watch this video if you want, you may want to skip ahead but it interests me. Its a JF-17 module combat simulator game with F-15, F-16, F/A-18, Su-27, etc also in game. Cockpit seems very modern even though this is Block 1 variant. It would be a huge upgrade to BD modernity from using older cockpits in Mig-29, and in BGI(analog?).

Long term plan that I think would be beneficial for BAF
  1. Slowly phase out older F-7 airframes with 5 or 6 squadrons of 12 JF-17s while keeping BGIs in service for some time. The price for these would be somewhere in the ballpark of 3-4 billion USD, the numbers I calculated are based of Nigerian purchase of 3 JF-17s for 184 million multiplied by 30. JF-17s can hold their own against Mig-29s, Tejas, MK2000, and Mig-21 of course. If Block III gets PL-15 than it will be able to take on Su-30MKI and Rafale at very, very long ranges assuming it could track them both.
    JF-17-45-692x360.png
  2. Phase out Mig-29s with 4 squadrons of 12 J-10s, or EFTs for about 15 billion USD for EFTs and unknown price for J-10s but presumably lower. J-10s with JF-17s would presumably lower logistics costs if weapons are same throughout, and spare parts, and tools are the same or compatible with each other. Heavier fighters like Su-30 are out of the question because of obvious reasons mainly defense ties between India and Russia. This would be used for air superiority against Rafales, and Su-30MKIs.
    1200px-Chengdu_J-10_-_%E6%AE%B2-10.jpg
Sorry... I ranted but wanted to get this out of my system and stop thinking about it. Total strength depending on squadron size

Video about anti-ship and land attack cruise missile in action and how they are used.
This man in the loop guidance from 90+KM is very interesting as well.

BD has voluntarily rejected Urdu, so no Ordu for them!!! Ilahi Adalet....
Why do you want Bangladeshis to speak Urdu? They are 1000s of KM away and are a distinct ethnic group compared to the average Pakistani.

Last edited:
@Avicenna
You can watch this video if you want, you may want to skip ahead but it interests me. Its a JF-17 module combat simulator game with F-15, F-16, F/A-18, Su-27, etc also in game. Cockpit seems very modern even though this is Block 1 variant. It would be a huge upgrade to BD modernity from using older cockpits in Mig-29, and in BGI(analog?).

Long term plan that I think would be beneficial for BAF
  1. Slowly phase out older F-7 airframes with 5 or 6 squadrons of 12 JF-17s while keeping BGIs in service for some time. The price for these would be somewhere in the ballpark of 3-4 billion USD, the numbers I calculated are based of Nigerian purchase of 3 JF-17s for 184 million multiplied by 30.
    JF-17-45-692x360.png
  2. Phase out Mig-29s with 4 squadrons of 12 J-10s, or EFTs for about 15 billion USD for EFTs and unknown price for J-10s but presumably lower. J-10s with JF-17s would presumably lower logistics costs if weapons are same throughout, and spare parts, and tools are the same or compatible with each other. Heavier fighters like Su-30 are out of the question because of obvious reasons mainly defense ties between India and Russia.
    1200px-Chengdu_J-10_-_%E6%AE%B2-10.jpg
Sorry... I ranted but wanted to get this out of my system and stop thinking about it.

Video about anti-ship and land attack cruise missile in action and how they are used.
This man in the loop guidance from 90+KM is very interesting as well.

Why do you want Bangladeshis to speak Urdu? They are 1000s of KM away and are a distinct ethnic group compared to the average Pakistani.

At the gym right now but just wanted to say I LOVE DCS.

Excited for the JF-17 module and would love to see a South Asia theater release.

I will reply to the rest of the post later inshAllah.

You don't necessarily need new planes for a strategy against them. As I said, launch hundreds of GLCM at their airbases, and army bases at the start of conflict thereby disabling their offensive capabilities and setting them back years, and years. Similar to what the US did in Iraq in 03. BD needs longer range SAMs as I stated before.

Where could BD buy cruise missiles from? China, and Russia are both tricky because of China's relations with MM, and Russia's relationship with India. Pakistan could be an option, but again a conflict with MM would be tricky. Navy could also get a large surface ship with VLS launched cruise missiles.

Brazil could possibly be an option.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV-TM_300
A quote from Wiki:
"MTC-300 is a Brazilian cruise missile that is under development by Avibras for the Astros 2020 system. Nicknamed Matador ("killer"), it is projected to be a less expensive alternative to the American Tomahawk (missile). The missile is equipped with a central computer that combines a Ring laser gyroscope, connected to an active GPS navigation device that uninterruptedly supplies positioning information for a course correction".

The citation talks about GPS navigation device to make the MTC-300 missiles an effective weapon.
I wonder if this GPS navigation will fit the ability of BD.

Wouldn't China support Myanmar over BD in conflict for whatever reason? JF-17s would be sanctioned if BD bought them.
JF 17 or not, Bangladesh still needs to buy China or Russian made weapons because European and American jets would be costly. Bangladesh has an emergency need to upgrade it's air force to tackle any Burmese aggression for the next 5 years or so and low cost but efficient Chinese and Russian jets would rapidly build up the BAF.

But for the long term American and European jets are a way to go.

Tbh with Burma getting jf17 and india having sukhoi 30 already... I don’t see us getting any of the jets
Myanmar already bought Su 30 Jets and are willing to order further Su 30 jets from Russia. But some sources say that the further orders are for the later variants of Su 30, possibly Su 34 or Su 35.

They also bought JF 17B twin seater version from Pakistan this year.

A quote from Wiki:
"MTC-300 is a Brazilian cruise missile that is under development by Avibras for the Astros 2020 system. Nicknamed Matador ("killer"), it is projected to be a less expensive alternative to the American Tomahawk (missile). The missile is equipped with a central computer that combines a Ring laser gyroscope, connected to an active GPS navigation device that uninterruptedly supplies positioning information for a course correction".

The citation talks about GPS navigation device to make the MTC-300 missiles an effective weapon.
I wonder if this GPS navigation will fit the ability of BD.
What do you mean?

JF 17 or not, Bangladesh still needs to buy China or Russian made weapons because European and American jets would be costly. Bangladesh has an emergency need to upgrade it's air force to tackle any Burmese aggression for the next 5 years or so and low cost but efficient Chinese and Russian jets would rapidly build up the BAF.

Myanmar already bought Su 30 Jets and are willing to order further Su 30 jets from Russia. But some sources say that the further orders are for the later variants of Su 30, possibly Su 34 or Su 35.

BD won't have a conflict with Myanmar IMO anytime soon, and it won't be in the same scale as a conflict with India would be. As I said above GLCMs, and layered SAMs would be the best immediate solution in a conflict with MM. Launch hundreds of cruise missiles at strategic air bases, and army bases, and let layered SAMs take care of any stragglers. MM would be behind by a few decades and be no longer a threat if you could take out their Mig-29s, Su-30s, JF-17s, etc.

Now, JF-17s, and J-10s would be needed with conflict with India because they won't ever be sanctioned in a conflict with India. China and PK will be more than happy to supply BD with spare parts, and weapon replacements in a conflict. EU and US planes are expensive and wouldn't be necessary and possibly prone to sanctions in a long term conflict.

Yeah, only way to stop them is arms embargo

Post number 7095.

Bangladesh Airforce however wont last 7095 seconds in a war.

#TrueStory
We don’t have to, especially when Pakistan couldn’t last for 9 months against rice farmers

@Michael Corleone

If internet sauces are true, it seems China is really looking to export J-10CE.

Any comments?
Not sure since only B variant is cleared for export... however it is to incorporate avionics according to our requirements so don’t be surprised if it’s a variant especially made for us... I hear j10 too... though mig 35 is also up there
no gripen, f 16 like some stupid morons here will have you believe

Yeah, only way to stop them is arms embargo

We don’t have to, especially when Pakistan couldn’t last for 9 months against rice farmers

Not sure since only B variant is cleared for export... however it is to incorporate avionics according to our requirements so don’t be surprised if it’s a variant especially made for us... I hear j10 too... though mig 35 is also up there
no gripen, f 16 like some stupid morons here will have you believe
I think the only reason you don't want JF-17 is because you dislike Pakistanis. Is this true?

I think the only reason you don't want JF-17 is because you dislike Pakistanis. Is this true?

No one dislikes Pakistanis. There is obviously some lingering beef due to 1971.

JF17 was inspected and rejected by BAF. A few years ago when it was inspected it was the first generation of JF17. BD had a choice but it choose to buy F7-BGI instead. The rationalle was we already had maintenance infastructure for it and JF17 did not offer that much of a leap in capacity over F7-BGI that was offered very very cheapely by the chinese. Additionally it was a new plane and an unknown it terms of quality.

Now from my perspective that was an idiotic and shortsighted descision.

BDs strategic calculation since that point has changed, as has its economic capacity.

At this moment given the potential adversaries we have JF17 in my mind is a no-go. It is essentially chinese who are allies of the simian congloromate aka burma. BD can not afford to have its hands tied by china in defense matters. I am of the firm belief in gradual disengagement with China in defense procurement.

I fundamentally want western jets, i do not believe we will be embargoed. We wont be able to afford many but i feel if we can field 5-7 sqd of EFT and F16 mix we acheive superiority over the monkeys and achieve credible defensive posture against india for the next 20 years.

No one dislikes Pakistanis. There is obviously some lingering beef due to 1971.

JF17 was inspected and rejected by BAF. A few years ago when it was inspected it was the first generation of JF17. BD had a choice but it choose to buy F7-BGI instead. The rationalle was we already had maintenance infastructure for it and JF17 did not offer that much of a leap in capacity over F7-BGI that was offered very very cheapely by the chinese. Additionally it was a new plane and an unknown it terms of quality.

Now from my perspective that was an idiotic and shortsighted descision.

BDs strategic calculation since that point has changed, as has its economic capacity.

At this moment given the potential adversaries we have JF17 in my mind is a no-go. It is essentially chinese who are allies of the simian congloromate aka burma. BD can not afford to have its hands tied by china in defense matters. I am of the firm belief in gradual disengagement with China in defense procurement.

I fundamentally want western jets, i do not believe we will be embargoed. We wont be able to afford many but i feel if we can field 5-7 sqd of EFT and F16 mix we acheive superiority over the monkeys and achieve credible defensive posture against india for the next 20 years.
Besides Rohingayan immigrants, whats the issue with Mayanmar and Bangladesh???
In short.

Back
Top Bottom