What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

IMO, a conflict with India is much more likely than one with Myanmar. If BD can get J-10s it would be better than getting foreign jets prone to sanctions if a conflict with India happens.

Are you still sour because BD is independent?

Winner winner chicken dinner.

41,000+ posts of nonsense speaks for itself.

UK forgave America, and they have also forgiven all the countries that became independent via revolution.

i am not UK nor i am America.

Pakistanis never forget nor forgive traitors. Countries who have accepted Bangladesh will be destroyed within your liferime

His name says it all... Best to put him on the ignore list.
I don't remember, are you against JF-17 for BD?

I enjoy his posts for the entertainment value.

Sometimes there is some wisdom in there.

I don't ignore people.

Back to the topic, yea I think JF-17 is a reasonable choice for BAF.

I mean it was designed from the outset to replace the F-7 right?

Politically, I don't think its possible at this time.

But tactically, absolutely, Block 3 would be a good choice.

They are not independent nor sovereign.

And I do not forgive traitors. Philip the Arab also did not forgive traitors
Who the Hell are you to forgive us? You should ask us for forgiving your misdeeds in 1971. And do not derail the thread by trolling incessantly. Let us talk on the subject.

I don't ignore people.

I agree either thunder or gripen or may be j10 if offered..
Problem with russian equipment is they will milk you hard after resultuing in almost always low operational capacity

i am not UK nor i am America.

Pakistanis never forget nor forgive traitors. Countries who have accepted Bangladesh will be destroyed within your liferime
Dont know which pakistanis are you referring too
Most have acknowledged wrong doing on both sides and have moved forward...mujeeb ur rehman and bhutto did that 45 years ago in 1973

Buying the BGI at that time (2012-2013) was not a bad move.

If Sohail Aman praises the -PG, the -BGI isnt some slouch either.

LOL.

You have delusions of grandeur if you think the UK will go to that extent to support Bangladesh.
Very bad move
We even critize pakistan buying it in 2002
2012-13 should have been jf17/j10

I don't ignore people.

IMO, BD doesn't need fighters against Myanmar. Best thing against them would be layered SAMs which I have a post about, and GLCMs.

BD could use 100s of GLCM against Myanmar's bases in within strategic range of BD that could be used against BD. Layered SAMs could shoot down stragglers that escaped barrage. BD shouldn't get Chinese GLCM if possible, and go for a third party that isn't Russian so that they can be used against both India, and Myanmar.

Last edited:
IMO, BD doesn't need fighters against Myanmar. Best thing against them would be layered SAMs which I have a post about, and GLCMs.

BD could use 100s of GLCM against Myanmar's bases in within strategic range of BD that could be used against BD. Layered SAMs could shoot down stragglers that escaped barrage. BD shouldn't get Chinese GLCM if possible, and go for a third party that isn't Russian so that they can be used against both India, and Myanmar.

I think BD needs to introduce in numbers 4+ gen aircraft as well as master the capabilities it brings.

That process will take a while.

Also, specifically against Myanmar, I don't see a full scale war.

However, it may be a border skirmish which escalates to some degree.

For that scenario I think a strong and capable BAF provides a deterence factor even before hostilities break out.

Lets be real, Bangladesh is not really an aggressive country.

The society is actually very docile.

But what it needs to guard against is a nasty neighbor to the East.

And a frenemy which surrounds it on three sides.

The advantage BD has is its political capital in the West.

Use it to obtain modern systems which Myanmar may not have access to.

That includes of course fighter aircraft and the relevant munitions.

Enter F-16, Gripen or Typhoon.

I think the GoB is taking almost similar steps. It has been inducting SAMs for its defence against a possible conflict with MM. However, we lack offensive planes. I think both are needed in the case of a possible war scenario with MM whereby the GLCM/SAM can be used to target their land-based military assets.

I think the GoB is taking almost similar steps. It has been inducting SAMs for its defence against a possible conflict with MM. However, we lack offensive planes. I think both are needed in the case of a possible war scenario with MM whereby the GLCM/SAM can be used to target their land-based military assets.
You don't necessarily need new planes for a strategy against them. As I said, launch hundreds of GLCM at their airbases, and army bases at the start of conflict thereby disabling their offensive capabilities and setting them back years, and years. Similar to what the US did in Iraq in 03. BD needs longer range SAMs as I stated before.

Where could BD buy cruise missiles from? China, and Russia are both tricky because of China's relations with MM, and Russia's relationship with India. Pakistan could be an option, but again a conflict with MM would be tricky. Navy could also get a large surface ship with VLS launched cruise missiles.

Brazil could possibly be an option.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV-TM_300

Back
Top Bottom