What's new

Bangladesh Air Force to procure "Buk-M1-2 SAM System"

I just visited the BDMilitary forum site and found this article -

Pakistan exposed: ISI activities against Bangladesh

Unfortunately I cannot open the document sine it appears I am banned from the forum. Is the forum operated by the BD military or by RAW?

Not sure if Bangladesh consider you a threat after reading your comments. Just kidding!
:cheers:

I heard that military news, such as procurements, are not reported in Bangladeshi media. So which websites can I expect to find reliable defence news about Bangladesh for future reference and postings? :)

Both are distinct possibilities. Russian experts will certainly be involved in operating and supervising these SAM's and since India is full of Russian jets I doubt Moscow would allow us to shoot them down.

Do you have any source to claim such a ridiculous assertion??? Why are you speculating by saying both are distinct possibilities???...Why would BD need Russian experts to supervise these SAM'S??? At best you would ask Russian experts to train your people if BD is not familiar with operations and technicalities involved in operating SAMS...I am surprised that you represent Land Of Mukhti bahini people who made life a hell for mighty PA with literally bare hands and believe his country do not have enough expertise to operate SAMS???

Do you have any source to claim such a ridiculous assertion??? Why are you speculating by saying both are distinct possibilities???...Why would BD need Russian experts to supervise these SAM'S??? At best you would ask Russian experts to train your people if BD is not familiar with operations and technicalities involved in operating SAMS...I am surprised that you represent Land Of Mukhti bahini people who made life a hell for mighty PA with literally bare hands and believe his country do not have enough expertise to operate SAMS???

MBI is a self proclaimed strategy expert ... He should know what is the probability of each distict possibility too. And after weighing all the pros and cons, he has made this assertion. MBI, can you answer please.

Yea, deckingraj is right about this, why would Russians operate our SAMs? Training us to operate them is acceptable and expected for us to get to know how to operate the system at first, but letting them operating the SAMs for us goes against the "sovereignty" that we hold so dear and try to protect when it comes to India.

I am predicting a lot of Russian and Indian defence experts flooding into Bangladesh. We have some Indian commandos on the way or have you forgotten.

How much sovereignty do you think we have now?

Every defense deal has certain restrictions and controls on use and transfer of technologies. We will just have to wait for the fine print if it is ever disclosed.

I am predicting a lot of Russian and Indian defence experts flooding into Bangladesh. We have some Indian commandos on the way or have you forgotten.

How much sovereignty do you think we have now?

No Munshi bhai, I didn't hear about the Russian experts Indian commandos/experts coming in, care to shed some light as to why they are?

MBI is a self proclaimed strategy expert ... He should know what is the probability of each distict possibility too. And after weighing all the pros and cons, he has made this assertion. MBI, can you answer please.

100000000000000000000% agreed with you:rofl:

No Munshi bhai, I didn't hear about the Russian experts Indian commandos/experts coming in, care to shed some light as to why they are?

The Indian commandos are coming to guard the High Commission. There was also a report that some are being trained to guard Sheikh Hasina. These reports came in ToI. I am sure their duties will expand.

I have never proclaimed anything. Yours is just a typical Indian response.

I am not against weapons purchase but I see no strategic thinking behind what the AL is doing. They seem to be trying to keep everyone happy except the Americans. Even the Indians have become suspicious of her motives like they did with her father.

Back
Top Bottom