What's new

Bangladesh Air Force to procure "Buk-M1-2 SAM System"

Single Shot Hit Probability: Aircraft: 60~90%; Helicopters: 30~70%;

Why is probability of hitting helicopters less than jets? Helicopters should be rather an easy target for being slow. So??

I was exactly wondering about the same thing....sadly, i have no answer to that....may be iajdani's answer may help....

Cheers!!!

May be high speed and low altitude of helicopter is hte cause of less accuracy. Because the missile may get less time to hit the helicopter for its high speed and may be the missile can not change its direction path for the objects of low altitude quickly for its high speed.

Last edited:
@ bd_4_ever
Another bdmil troll appeared with manufactured propaganda without any valid source.

We sure like to have layered sam coverage but get the valid source before importing and polluting this forum. And if bdmil is desperate for publicity about its propaganda galore employ iajdani, he has gained good experience with Awami "digital deception" (now defunct) project.

@ bd_4_ever
Another bdmil troll appeared with manufactured propaganda without any valid source.

We sure like to have layered sam coverage but get the valid source before importing and polluting this forum. And if bdmil is desperate for publicity about its propaganda galore employ iajdani, he has gained good experience with Awami "digital deception" (now defunct) project.

You stupid razaakar traitor. You always want a weak Bangladesh. That is why whenever there is a news about procurement of armaments by a BD govt, it makes you upset and you try to derail the thread. You son of a Qafir!

You stupid razaakar traitor. You always want a weak Bangladesh. That is why whenever there is a news about procurement of armaments by a BD govt, it makes you upset and you try to derail the thread. You son of a Qafir!

Aha anyone calling on propaganda and lie autometically become rajakar. Don't worry here is a guide for you to detect who is rajakar, written by Shafiq Rehman.

::Welcome to Daily Naya Diganta::

My bad I did not add your name with Iajdani for the job.But until you get recruited come back with proof for bdmil claims. Otherwise you are just a deputy duck ducking away...

eastwatch brother nobody wants a weak bengladesh.....Stop calling ur own brother razakars....PEACE...

@ bd_4_ever

idune,
i dont know where to start from but the only words you have learnt in this forum is "PROPAGANDA", "AWAMI DECEPTION" and off course "RAJAKAR"....tell me the last time you have started a new thread on any procurement by Bangladesh Defence Force??? Let me give you a list of WHAT really interests you....

*Awami League digital terrorism...*Awami League selling Bangladesh independence to India; piece by peice...*Awami League turned Bangladesh justice system into ‘Kangaroo court’...*
Awami League terrorism spreads to London...*Hasina receiving Indian award over Bangladeshi dead bodies...*Awami govt proved again - they are indian stooges

All these threads have been started by you right?? I think it shows why you are in this forum...You are insanely politically-addict, cannot stand the present government, hates India even if they genuinely helps you, and off course cannot trust any procurement by BD...long back you denied a SWAD member carring a M-4 carbine even after giving the picture...also if budget level is increased, you dont like it for some reason...AND calling every other member "RAJAKAR" if they praise the AL Government or BDmil once in a while..."MERE MENTALITY WITH A LACK OF SENSIBILITY" it is called....i wont be suprised if u call me a "RAJAKAR" too in your next post....

Finally, i dont really care whether you like my post and blame me of considering BDmil forum authentic....having followed your posts for a long time, i never bothered arguing with you because its pointless....because in response to anything i say, you will play safe and blame me that i am polluting the forum and etc etc etc....no wonder you are too much into politics....

Cheers!!!

I don't think its in service yet,but may have been ordered by defence ministry.Planning minister had announced before that SAMs will be purchased,so might be this one.
It was successful in the Russia-georgia conflict in 2008,so if we are getting it,then its good for BD.

Now on a side note,IF the news of procuring Mig-29s are true,then perhaps the Govt. is buying a whole package from Russia,which includes Buk SAMs.I don't know what else they are dealing apart from Nuke plant.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Low altitude and less heat????? Not sure

Its guidance system is Semi active Radar Homing not heat seeking,so no question of heat.

I am no techie but Buk M2 are long range and SARH system is for longer range,so the altitude may be the factor for that ratio.

I don't think its in service yet,but may have been ordered by defence ministry.Planning minister had announced before that SAMs will be purchased,so might be this one.
It was successful in the Russia-georgia conflict in 2008,so if we are getting it,then its good for BD.

Now on a side note,IF the news of procuring Mig-29s are true,then perhaps the Govt. is buying a whole package from Russia,which includes Buk SAMs.I don't know what else they are dealing apart from Nuke plant.

Yah bro, and that news to some extent can confirm that the procurement is on line....

As a matter of fact, Buk-M1-2 is a very effective air-defence system....during Georgia-Russia war in 2008, this system was the most effective air-defence used by the Georgian army....they shot down 3 SU-25s and a TU-22 of the Russian air force, precisely....

I think AL is still interested in Russians equipments....

Cheers!!!

Yah bro, and that news to some extent can confirm that the procurement is on line....

As a matter of fact, Buk-M1-2 is a very effective air-defence system....during Georgia-Russia war in 2008, this system was the most effective air-defence used by the Georgian army....they shot down 3 SU-25s and a TU-22 of the Russian air force, precisely....

I think AL is still interested in Russians equipments....

Cheers!!!

yup. and here is the source

Georgia Strikes Back With Air Defenses | AVIATION WEEK

but ya, Buk-M1 is a good air defence system. Maybe Bangladesh is also considering other systems, like the Spada or SLAMRAAM

idune,
i dont know where to start from but the only words you have learnt in this forum is "PROPAGANDA", "AWAMI DECEPTION" and off course "RAJAKAR"....tell me the last time you have started a new thread on any procurement by Bangladesh Defence Force??? Let me give you a list of WHAT really interests you....

*Awami League digital terrorism...*Awami League selling Bangladesh independence to India; piece by peice...*Awami League turned Bangladesh justice system into ‘Kangaroo court’...*
Awami League terrorism spreads to London...*Hasina receiving Indian award over Bangladeshi dead bodies...*Awami govt proved again - they are indian stooges

All these threads have been started by you right?? I think it shows why you are in this forum...You are insanely politically-addict, cannot stand the present government, hates India even if they genuinely helps you, and off course cannot trust any procurement by BD...long back you denied a SWAD member carring a M-4 carbine even after giving the picture...also if budget level is increased, you dont like it for some reason...AND calling every other member "RAJAKAR" if they praise the AL Government or BDmil once in a while..."MERE MENTALITY WITH A LACK OF SENSIBILITY" it is called....i wont be suprised if u call me a "RAJAKAR" too in your next post....

Finally, i dont really care whether you like my post and blame me of considering BDmil forum authentic....having followed your posts for a long time, i never bothered arguing with you because its pointless....because in response to anything i say, you will play safe and blame me that i am polluting the forum and etc etc etc....no wonder you are too much into politics....

Cheers!!!

You have written a long rant yet failed to prove the credibility of the speculation you posting here. Where is your proof of Bangladesh purchasing these SAM????

Budget has not been announced, where is your proof of defense budget increase to the level you/or another alias claimed??? Where is the proof that any increase was allocated to purchase what bdmil trolls are claiming????

About "India even if they genuinely helps you" - show where india is helping?????

As for calling other rajakar: I do not call other rajakar, it is eastwatch who is doing that; typical Awami habit. Either you are in delusional state - dont even know who said what or you are showing clearly you dont understand english properly to recognize who said what.

About SWAD member - about what discussion and denying what? Get your facts check again. My bad facts are not your business.

About:
Awami League digital terrorism...*Awami League selling Bangladesh independence to India; piece by peice...*Awami League turned Bangladesh justice system into ‘Kangaroo court’...*

All these threads are backed up by hundreds of valid newpaper links and pictures. Are you claiming all those news published by many different newspapers are not true????

I am sure you dont have any answer perhaps more rant. But burden on you to proof on your claim. Until then you are just another speculator.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom