What's new

Bangladesh Air Force to procure "Buk-M1-2 SAM System"

I am not against weapons purchase but I see no strategic thinking behind what the AL is doing. They seem to be trying to keep everyone happy except the Americans. Even the Indians have become suspicious of her motives like they did with her father.

Munshi bahi follow on to your point Bangladesh faces one of the strongest airforce in the world and we can not tackle indian threat aircraft by aircraft. But unfortunately Awami regime defense plan is to look away from indian threat and make money from arms deal.
Thats how old mig 29 are bought and only 2-3 mig 29 are are operational and rest are grounded and used for source of spares.
Thats the kind of armed forces Awami regime builds and deliver on indian plan.

As to going to my ealrier point on bdmil that neither a source of any news nor these people who are posting here have any good intention.

Munshi bahi follow on to your point Bangladesh faces one of the strongest airforce in the world and we can not tackle indian threat aircraft by aircraft. But unfortunately Awami regime defense plan is to look away from indian threat and make money from arms deal.
Thats how old mig 29 are bought and only 2-3 mig 29 are are operational and rest are grounded and used for source of spares.

As to going to my ealrier point on bdmil that neither a source of any news nor these people who are posting here have any good intention.

I am equally suspicious of AL motives and I do not think BDMilitary is a reliable source.

lol You got India-phobia dude. In everything you see India. :angel:

"Bangladesh faces one of the strongest airforces!!!" India vs BD? Why not Pakistan vs Iran? China vs Myanmar? France vs Germany? :rofl::rofl: Its like US and Canada are going to fight in near future!!! Get out of dream and stop your propaganda theory that India and BD will fight.

I just visited the BDMilitary forum site and found this article -

Pakistan exposed: ISI activities against Bangladesh

Unfortunately I cannot open the document sine it appears I am banned from the forum. Is the forum operated by the BD military or by RAW?

That's because you don't have subscription to that site,they have subscription system for the members.I don't have access to them too.

I am predicting a lot of Russian and Indian defence experts flooding into Bangladesh. We have some Indian commandos on the way or have you forgotten.

How much sovereignty do you think we have now?

Sir,Russians,Americans,Chinese and others frequently visits BD.Especially Russians because we have Migs,Mi-17s and other Russian military stuff.So they need to come frequently for giving trainning to BAF technical personnel to maintain Mig and Mi-17s.

This can not be termed as a threat to sovereignty,in that case Chinese are also breaching that.Because they are swarming our defence establishment,but that's not threat but co-operation/business.Same with Russians.

As for Indian embassy commandos,as long as they stay inside,they are legal and we can't complain on that.
But as soon as the breach that line,they are commiting crime,which some Indian agents have already done as seen in newspaper pics.So we need to keep that in check.

Last edited:
Both are distinct possibilities. Russian experts will certainly be involved in operating and supervising these SAM's and since India is full of Russian jets I doubt Moscow would allow us to shoot them down.

You are forgetting one fact sir,during war with Russia on 2008,Georgia shot down 3 Russian Su-25 and another bomber with this SAM system.Did the Georgians ask for Russian permission to shoot down Russian plane?

It is highly doubtful that BD military will accept Russian mercenaries for operating a SAM system.We are well capable of doing that.I have never heard BD operating with any foreign mercenaries.Our military's greatest strength since its formation,has been the ample supply of skilled military men.Although we never had very expensive toys,we always had skilled men.

Besides,we need SAM any way for air defence be it against India or Myanmar.And from the looks of things,it seems these purchase,if they are true,are targeted towards Myanmar.Its them who started the arm's race by buying 20 migs.

Besides,BUK M1-2 has a max. altitude of 14000m,whereas Su-30 MKI has a service ceiling of 17300 m.So with this,you can't catch Sukhois anyway,someone please correct me if my assessment is wrong.

Why would BD need Russian experts to supervise these SAM'S??? At best you would ask Russian experts to train your people if BD is not familiar with operations and technicalities involved in operating SAMS...

I agree with you.When we clearly don't need any Russian mercenary pilots to fly our Migs like some African countries do,why on earth would BD need russians to operate our SAMs?
Russians do come in large number to train BAF technicians to maintain Migs and Mi-17s,and we are doing perfect.BAF has one of the better record as far as aircraft maintenance is concerned,in the world.Very few crashes per thousand or more hours.So that means we have the capability.

And the first thing before any procurement is to train personnel,which will be done if the news is correct.

I am not against weapons purchase but I see no strategic thinking behind what the AL is doing. They seem to be trying to keep everyone happy except the Americans. Even the Indians have become suspicious of her motives like they did with her father.

Pros for Mig-29 again:

1.We have the experience to fly and maintain them.

Cons for Mig-29 again:

1.We already have seen its high maintenance cost and the subsequent trouble.

2.Myanmar is buying 20 Mig-29 K or perhaps Mig-29 SMT,whereas we are,as reported in the news,buying 14 Migs.No mention of which variant.
What's the point of buying Migs to counter Burmese Migs,that too in lower number?

3.Russia had offered Su-27s to us before,why not now?Russia still use it as its main fighter.I don't think money is that big problem.8 Su-27 SKM are better than 14 Mig-29s.

For these reasons buying Mig-29s again is puzzling.Let's see what happens at the end because this news certainly isn't the final verdict.

That's because you don't have subscription to that site,they have subscription system for the members.I don't have access to them too.

The problem is not subscription but that my address is automatically banned from accessing the forum.

You are forgetting one fact sir,during war with Russia on 2008,Georgia shot down 3 Russian Su-25 and another bomber with this SAM system.Did the Georgians ask for Russian permission to shoot down Russian plane?

It is highly doubtful that BD military will accept Russian mercenaries for operating a SAM system.We are well capable of doing that.I have never heard BD operating with any foreign mercenaries.Our military's greatest strength since its formation,has been the ample supply of skilled military men.Although we never had very expensive toys,we always had skilled men.

Besides,we need SAM any way for air defence be it against India or Myanmar.And from the looks of things,it seems these purchase,if they are true,are targeted towards Myanmar.Its them who started the arm's race by buying 20 migs.

Besides,BUK M1-2 has a max. altitude of 14000m,whereas Su-30 MKI has a service ceiling of 17300 m.So with this,you can't catch Sukhois anyway,someone please correct me if my assessment is wrong.

My point is that BDMilitary is not an official site so how did they come across this information when it cannot be found anywhere else. The site is actually operated by Indians. I was a member of this forum some years ago but then about 2 years ago it transformed into what it is now. It is merely an outlet for Indian perspectives but poses as a BD site. What ever is happening with these MIG's and SAM's we are not going to get a free hand in their use.

When we can't tell the truth about the Pilkhana massacre do you think we are strong enough to dictate our own defence policy. In fact the two army officers who provided cover for what happened at Pilkhana have been promoted to Lt. Gen. and the DGFI director responsible for not unearthing the plot is still happily in his job. The other army officer implicated in Pilkhana is in charge of defence procurement. In any other country all four would have been sacked and faced court-martial. Now do you think we determine our own defence policy?

Pros for Mig-29 again:

1.We have the experience to fly and maintain them.

Cons for Mig-29 again:

1.We already have seen its high maintenance cost and the subsequent trouble.

2.Myanmar is buying 20 Mig-29 K or perhaps Mig-29 SMT,whereas we are,as reported in the news,buying 14 Migs.No mention of which variant.
What's the point of buying Migs to counter Burmese Migs,that too in lower number?

3.Russia had offered Su-27s to us before,why not now?Russia still use it as its main fighter.I don't think money is that big problem.8 Su-27 SKM are better than 14 Mig-29s.

For these reasons buying Mig-29s again is puzzling.Let's see what happens at the end because this news certainly isn't the final verdict.

leon, the cost of buying and maintaining an additional type of aircraft can be quit high, especially a big one like Su-27 series. also, 8 Su-27SKM are not equal to 14 MiG-29s, especially if MiG-29s are upgraded to latest standards.

why doesnt Bangladesh go for the MiG-29 OVT version? it will be easier to accomodate and support than a new platform like Sukhoi series

I just visited the BDMilitary forum site and found this article -

Pakistan exposed: ISI activities against Bangladesh

Unfortunately I cannot open the document sine it appears I am banned from the forum. Is the forum operated by the BD military or by RAW?
Haha reading these things are so funny.Report by bunch of 15 year old BD Forum counter intelligence experts...:rofl::rofl:..They exposed something which even the BD Defence Establishment could not do!

Last edited:
sirji kaise ho ? hum ban ho gaye the.. do din se PDF mai phir se vapas. pata nahi kitne din ke mehman hain :lol:
:cheers:

ohhhhhhhh so sad yaar give your mail so i can be in contact if you go for long vecation:lol:

Well your government purchased 500 of my books. I guess all Pakistanis are not gadars.

if you remember you lie with me remember. no one can trust a person whp lie.:)

tum mery nazroon se gir chuky ho bhai

if you remember you lie with me remember. no one can trust a person whp lie.:)

tum mery nazroon se gir chuky ho bhai

No I do not remember lying to you. I cannot even remember the last time we were in contact.

Back
Top Bottom