What's new

Bakhtawar terms Ehteram-e-Ramazan Bill as ‘ridiculous law’

My apologize in advance who may find my post offended by just looking at my Indian flag since I already made it clear it is and was false until Khalistan flag is available.

State should not became a party is such situation since extremists take it as granted and start prosecution of minorities like it happening in India over beef.

Let the masses to discover themselves and believe me minus few they are quite sensitive about other religion and respect them, Me as a Sikh never eat in past and now in front of Muslims during Ramadhan and Wah e Guru the soun this is not because of any law or threat just out of respect.

After my court martial I have no option left to left India with passport of my friend to Gulf countries and no one force anything on me there, I worked as a driver, meson even labor since I don't have anything with me to prove my qualification, Even now I am low level illegible warehouse keeper in Japan and due to my old age they offered my some privileges.

State shoul be neutral or at least let the individual what they choose and if any thing disturbing then they can impose these laws.

Sarcasm? Tough love?

not a big fan.. ok

and why the assumption that in the Amazon there are no laws? the laws of the tribal are strict and implemented quite fairly without bias.
I gave you two options either (1) move to an uninhabited zone on earth, moon or the mars or (2) avoid such sweeping statements.

Last edited:
I gave you two options either (1) move to an unihabitated zone on earth, moon or the mars or (2) avoid such sweeping statements.

And you should avoid sarcasm apparently.
And I need more than two options so give me atleast one more.

This law is not unique to Pakistan only. I visited Morocco a pretty moderate country and even there
And you should avoid sarcasm apparently.
And I need more than two options so give me atleast one more.
One more, no, I give you a few more
(3) make your own artificial island in the middle of an ocean
(4) stop commenting on pdf when angry
(5) Antarctica
(5) learn to smile and understand sarcasm as long as you want to stay with us - the mortal humans - you will have to put up with the thing called sarcasm and that is especially true for PDF.

Last edited:
This law is not unique to Pakistan only. I visited Morocco a pretty moderate country and even there

One more, no, I give you a few more
(3) make your own artificial island in the middle of an ocean
(4) stop commenting on pdf when angry
(5) Antarctica
(5) learn to smile and understand sarcasm because as long as you will stay with us - the mortal humans - you will have to put up with the thing called sarcasm and that is especially true for PDF.

Antartica has seen quite a lot of territorial dispute although recently Pakistan has made important inroads in that. Scientific research in Antartica started almost decades ago among the Pakistanis. We even partially hold a research center open year round.

With the recent earthquakes and tsunamis many islands infact have sprung up from the ocean and due to climate change this phenomenon is only likely to continue while land and sea are locked in an eternal battle.

Anger management was a nice movie.

Emotions are too complex to be defined/explained by facial gestures.

On the topic there has been enough said and do not give me examples what the Berbers are cooking in the desert. We are talking about Pakistan and Pakistanis have formulated this law and while many can disagree and many appreciate its all of us who needs to implement this to be good citizens.

It is not about religion the law, it is about public order.

swari waly janwar

Horse is a 'swari wala janwar' and it's halal.

---------------

As for this law, it is a reminder for those without valid reasons for not fasting to behave in public and the eateries to put screens etc up. As for those in emergency, poor health etc etc, the law covers them. There's no ban on buying or selling food.

Let's move on.

As for this law, it is a reminder for those without valid reasons for not fasting to behave in public and the eateries to put screens etc up. As for those in emergency, poor health etc etc, the law covers them. There's no ban on buying or selling food.

Let's move on.

More than one thousand people died (and tens of thousands suffered from dehydration/heat stroke) in Karachi alone during Ramazan 2015 ... The widespread abstention from drinking water during daylight hours during the fasting month of Ramazan was one of the major reasons. Almost all of the victims were from low-income families. Shops/Restaurants refuse to sell ice or water during the day in Ramazan, citing religious laws that mean they can be fined. Don't you think nothing is more important than human life ?

Like in Pakistan? kidnapping Muslim women's to convert them to Hindus? How many cases have u even heard? In India rights and laws are provided to safeguard every minority. Do u even have such laws till now?

The concept of Ramadan is testing ur patience and perseverance. Anyway I dont care. Its ur country, ur law. Something like this will be never allowed in India. Before you bring up Beef ban, every Indian state has its own authority, if the politicians came to power telling to ban beef, then they have every right to do it. A promise to bring beef ban in Kerala will make even a strong party lose elections. Hence the difference before u bring up any comparisons.. :P
The fact that you needed a smiley shows how comparable they are

More than one thousand people died (and tens of thousands suffered from dehydration/heat stroke) in Karachi alone during Ramazan 2015 ... The widespread abstention from drinking water during daylight hours during the fasting month of Ramazan was one of the major reasons. Almost all of the victims were from low-income families. Shops/Restaurants refuse to sell ice or water during the day in Ramazan, citing religious laws that mean they can be fined. Don't you think nothing is more important than human life ?

Karachi has severe water shortage plus a major water mafia issue. Also It was exceptionally hot in Karachi then and when people are not used to certain temps they don't know the dangers.

Faisalabad gets over 50C, so does Lahore - every year! We have never had such deaths.

During 2003 EU heatwave in France alone over 14,800 people died! Because they didn't know better. That's at just 40C and they were not refused water/food.

Let's not pin the Karachi heat wave deaths on this law.

Last edited:
Karachi has severe water shortage plus a major water mafia issue. Also It was exceptionally hot in Karachi then and when people are not used to certain temps they don't know the dangers.

Faisalabad gets over 50C, so does Lahore - every year! We have never had such deaths.

During 2003 EU heatwave in France alone over 14,800 people died! Because they didn't know better. That's at just 40C and they were not refused water/food.

Let's not pin the Karachi heat wave deaths on this law.

Such type of laws most affect the poor and near-poor. The decision-makers have failed to take into account the effects of this law on the poorest segment of our society i.e. the homeless people, who, by the virtue of the constitution of Pakistan, remain responsibility of the state. As many as 30 million people in Pakistan are either without any kind of shelter, or live in slums in conditions which are uninhabitable.

Natural disasters affect the poorest the most, and these kind of anti-poor laws only aggravate the crisis further. I am sure that none of the lawmakers, nor any of the defendants/proponents of this law understands the misery of homelessness. A homeless person of course cannot afford the luxury of eating or drinking indoors. No wonder most of those who died in Ramazan 2015 in Karachi heat-wave were the unfortunate homeless people.

This law is extremely harsh. At the very least, the poor-most, elderly, children, sick and Non-Muslims should be exempt.

It has been categorically stated in the Holy Qur'an in the same verse in which Allah has told Muslims to fast during the month of Ramazan that "... Allah wills that you shall have ease, and does not will you to suffer hardship ... " (2:185) ....

Such type of laws most affect the poor and near-poor. The decision-makers have failed to take into account the effects of this law on the poorest segment of our society i.e. the homeless people, who, by the virtue of the constitution of Pakistan, remain responsibility of the state. As many as 30 million people in Pakistan are either without any kind of shelter, or live in slums in conditions which are uninhabitable.

Natural disasters affect the poorest the most, and these kind of anti-poor laws only aggravate the crisis further. I am sure that none of the lawmakers, nor any of the defendants/proponents of this law understands the misery of homelessness. A homeless person of course cannot afford the luxury of eating or drinking indoors. No wonder most of those who died in Ramazan 2015 in Karachi heat-wave were the unfortunate homeless people.

This law is extremely harsh. At the very least, the poor-most, elderly, children, sick and Non-Muslims should be exempt.

It has been categorically stated in the Holy Qur'an in the same verse in which Allah has told Muslims to fast during the month of Ramazan that "... Allah wills that you shall have ease, and does not will you to suffer hardship ... " (2:185) ....

Poor are screwed everywhere by everyone anyways.

Increase in taxes will lead to meals being skipped by poor and people giving less in charity. And a poor who may have eaten in Ramzan will starve to death, all because of increase in taxes.

Corruption is the biggest killer in Pakistan.

This law is not the Zulm some are making it out to be. Wait for the Budget and the rip off merchants hiking prices in Ramadan. Those are mass killers!

Poor are screwed everywhere by everyone anyways.

Yes, but don't do that in the name of Islam ...

Protection of the poor and needy is something that has been strongly emphasized in the Holy Qur'an.

Bakhtawar terms Ehteram-e-Ramazan Bill as ‘ridiculous law’
May 12, 2017

By: Samaa Web Desk

Published in Pakistan

Be the first to comment!
Bakhtawar.jpg

KARACHI: Daughter of slain ex-Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto, Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari on Thursday tweeted against the Ehteram-e-Ramazan Bill which was approved by the Senate Standing Committee on Religious Affairs.

According to her tweet, Bakhtawar stated that not anyone could keep from eating or drinking during the month of Ramazan out of dehydration and heat stroke. Hence, she termed this as a ‘ridiculous law’.

Follow
Bakhtawar B-Zardari

✔@BakhtawarBZ

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1406760/senate-panel-approves-ehtram-e-ramazan-bill/ … people r going 2 die from heat stroke &dehydration with this ridiculous law. Not every1 is able. This is not Islam.

4:37 PM - 11 May 2017

Senate panel approves Ehtram-e-Ramazan Bill
Under the proposed law hotels violating sanctity of Ramazan will be fined Rs25,000

tribune.com.pk

According to the law, people who will eat or smoke openly during the month of Ramazan will be fined Rs 500 and a 3-month imprisonment. TV channels or cinema houses will be fined a sum of Rs 500,000 or more if they violate the law.
https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/05/bakhtawar-terms-ehteram-e-ramazan-bill-as-ridiculous-law/

This is good if the person eating in Pubic place and i feel nothing wrong in it. As far as banned in Private areas that is where i object we all have group of peoples who are non muslims and even for muslim if he is ill or old then he have every right to eat. But we should respect each other. I have few friends from Christian family and during his fasting we normally go away from him to take our meal and make sure that our month not smell any food

Yes, but don't do that in the name of Islam ...

Protection of the poor and needy is something that has been strongly emphasized in the Holy Qur'an.

You don't seem to have any objection with majority of Quran being ignored by the ruling elite yet the issue is only with such laws that exist in many western liberal societies too.

What's your stance on Haqooq ul Ibad? I do not see you posting anything about those and how the ruling elite are in clear breaches of them! Why are you not pushing for implementation of those haqooqs?

Back
Top Bottom