What's new

Three-month imprisonment for eating, smoking in public places under Ehtram-e-Ramzan Ordinance

And Pakistanis taunt us for beef ban when minorities in their country can not even eat vegetables in public. We Atleast allow anything except beef. Hypocrisy at it's best.

And Pakistanis taunt us for beef ban when minorities in their country can not even eat vegetables in public. We Atleast allow anything except beef. Hypocrisy at it's best.
Both things are equally condemnable.

Both things are equally condemnable.
Frankly I am actually surprised most people's here are opposing this law. What about ordinary Pakistanis? Does majority people support it or oppose it?

True enough for this situation. Movies are liberal, don't watch em. Songs are liberal, don't listen to em. Thinking that being friends with opposite gender mean that they're just friends, is liberal, stay among men only. I'm a centrist, but not really; I'm a liberal because I'm not conservative. Three cheers for Mullah culture, though, which made religion into a business.
Lately visit Pakistan ... Our society is slowly dividing into two extreme . Some people trying to find refuge in religion and some are striving hard to achieve their life goals. .. Living in US whole world and staff eat in front of me and those who know what is fasting they respect my Roza. But , in my motherland .......

Last edited:
Frankly I am actually surprised most people's here are opposing this law. What about ordinary Pakistanis? Does majority people support it or oppose it?
Hard to say. It's a split. Many people are condemning it, citing the same arguments as here. Others support it mainly because of "aik to itni garmi, uper se public mein log khaen?" Hard to say how much, though.

seriously hard to find the middle ground. Also , everyone is chief advisor of Pak major political parties.
True af. Plus, the public opinion system of Pakistan is basically shiit.

Pakistan seems to be inching slowly towards extremism and intolerance. After blasphemy now this, what's next?

Pakistan seems to be inching slowly towards extremism and intolerance. After blasphemy now this, what's next?
It goes both ways. All this has started making people slowly aware of the dangers of extremism. As our government goes more Islamist, our people think more moderate at the same slow rate. Rule of the thumb in Islamic countries: a more conservative government leads to a more liberal people, and vice versa. Iran is a good example here. But then again, Saudi Arabia isn't.

Do you know , now religious parties are looking to impose burqa law in Pakistan .... People believe cosmetic changes in society bring Islam ...

Do you know , now religious parties are looking to impose burqa law in Pakistan .... People believe cosmetic changes in society bring Islam ...
Yeah it's insane. The moment Burqa is legally imposed, I'm either out on the streets protesting my arse off, or I'm out of the country first chance I get. Mullah culture sucks.

Someone trying hard to convert it into another Afghanistan. Sad fact is the people are not resisting.

It goes both ways. All this has started making people slowly aware of the dangers of extremism. As our government goes more Islamist, our people think more moderate at the same slow rate. Rule of the thumb in Islamic countries: a more conservative government leads to a more liberal people, and vice versa. Iran is a good example here. But then again, Saudi Arabia isn't.

Lol as much as I expect it to be theres sadly no rule of thumb in Pakistan or any muslim country for that matter. We are unpredictable people who have the tendency to defy all expectations. Its all black and white with the gray slowly fading away.

Lol as much as I expect it to be theres sadly no rule of thumb in Pakistan or any muslim country for that matter. We are unpredictable people who have the tendency to defy all expectations. Its all black and white with the gray slowly fading away.

Sad but true. I'll still remain gray, though. Me and many others. If the establishment want an even bigger brain drain, then they can sleep in their tents and tend to their sheep.

Back
Top Bottom