What's new

Three-month imprisonment for eating, smoking in public places under Ehtram-e-Ramzan Ordinance

Doesnt have alot of relevance to this topic but my biggest fear living here is the thought that this country could at any moment turn into the islamic state. Except it wont be needing any years of foreign occupation or militancy or turmoil like Syria or Iraq. We'll do it to ourselves. The ideology is there in the majority only a push is needed. Even in the most doomed corners of the earth such as somalia or the IS its the thugs who are basically seen beheading or tossing people off roofs. But in our country even the cream of the generation (the 6% who go for higher education) have proven to be as barbaric as he worst of the worst.

Equally? Convenient for you eh?
Is thievery an equal crime as murder?
The discrimination is equally condemnable. Thievery sponsored by law, or killing done via vigilantism, I don't care about that. Some Indians will say that at least it's not the law. Some Pakistanis will say that at least it's not killing. You get what I'm saying?

Law is already there, it is just the amendment to the law, BTW, how many cases have you seen in past where people are nabbed by police for eating in public? There are plenty of laws but are they implemented? Well in hospitals cafeterias are open during Ramadan and yes you don't have to prove you are patient to eat there.
Law is to avoid eating in public places.

Same law exists in UAE where it is not allowed to eat in public. Restaurants needs special permission to operate during fasting hours and they have to cover the windows etc. Non-Mulims in respect of Ramadan, avoid eating in front of Muslim colleagues.
For my friends who are dragging beef into this situation, we are not killing anyone for eating in public, it is just the law and minorities have to respect it and if there is any law related to beef in India, people living there should respect it.

Last edited:
The discrimination is equally condemnable. Thievery sponsored by law, or killing done via vigilantism, I don't care about that. Some Indians will say that at least it's not the law. Some Pakistanis will say that at least it's not killing. You get what I'm saying?
Not completely. I could argue otherwise on minutae...but well worded by you.

Not completely. I could argue otherwise on minutae...but well worded by you.
What I want to say is that discrimination should not happen. The fact that Muslims are at a majority in Pakistan should not mean that their culture should be respected (I don't see how that's done with this law) at the expense of minorities and their rights. The same goes with India: the fact that Hindus form the majority should not mean that their culture should be respected at the expense of minorities and their rights. What we should do in Pakistan is to make sure that everyone has equal opportunity to individually follow his/her religion and respect all other religions.
I have gone way off topic, so let's go back. This law is all but useless since food is rarely served in public places during Ramzan. I interpret it as an act by the pro Islamist lawmakers to show how enthusiastic they are about bringing eeman back to the communities, blah blah blah. This is not the way.

I came across this and found it to be very beneficial:

Narrated Anas bin Malik: We used to travel with the Prophet (peace be upon him) and neither did the fasting persons criticize those who were not fasting, nor did those who were not fasting criticize the fasting ones. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 3, Book 30, Hadith 54)

Back
Top Bottom