What's new

Three-month imprisonment for eating, smoking in public places under Ehtram-e-Ramzan Ordinance

ye bagar dari wala mulk ki MC BC kar ka choran ga....

sir facial hair has no value in that.
mulk sab loot rahe hai.

muhlat dedi gayi hai...
per time bohat kam hai...

riyaz kA mjhy nae pta kon hain but it's a no no from me ,period ! :pakistan:

chalen maan lete hai apki baat... dekhte hai mulzim mulzim rehta hai ya mujrim banta hai..

izzat to aani jaani hai

now that's something interesting ,plz carryon me is listening

sir jee ap mujhse behtar jaante hai halaat

per mauqa dia gaya hai k jitna haath me aey leke nasso warna sub wapis lana parega..

muhib e watan aadmi hain Sharif sahab... ache faisle ki umeed hai mujhe unse

masla ye hai k kuch log atal hai k sara paisa wapis lao sood samait..

zara aas paroos wale ek taraf karwat lelen phir kuch kia jaega abhi ghar k andar baat chal rahi hai

I think that violates the spirit of Islam about tolerance - do correct me if i am wrong - plus it gives a certain group of people a chance to mock Islam perhaps it was adopted specifically for this
@Verve your thoughts?

When respect and tolerance in society diminishes, such laws become a necessity. Why should people complain about a law being Islamic or not when they can't respect others as Islam teaches them to ..

Those mocking Islam, they don't need excuses - only their biases are enough.

Coming back to respect and tolerance, let me tell you a short story of my childhood (80's-90's).

We were taught by our parents never to drink or eat in presence of any fasting age adult. Level of respect was such that we wouldn't even talk of eating or drinking during the fasting hours. We, the children, would not even drink water in front of mom! This was all out of respect, not fear. And nothing has changed in this respect since 5 years of age, it continues.

As for what used to happen in public, the local tandoor would serve the labourers & customers who were not fasting but those eating will not do so openly in public. The seating area outside tandoor used to have cloth tent type arrangement and tandoor would only open during lunch and close quickly. There was no police forcing anyone to do this. This was the norm. And we, the kids, never ever ate and drank outside even in front of those we knew were not fasting. And adults shopped for groceries from fruit & veg shops etc normally, but no one ate and drank openly in public. We never drank in front of our christian teachers either at school and we were schooled in a Christian school (La Salle in FSD)!

But all this has changed now. Parents do not teach their children the way we were taught. People do not give a damn anymore and one's 'haq' has destroyed the 'farz' to others. Ramzan used to be a beautiful and utmost respect to all month back then ... Alas.

poor will be eating out side in public but rich people will be inside their house with complete safety

poor will be eating out side in public but rich people will be inside their house with complete safety

the poor are likely to be fasting statistically.
the rich eating outside will be paying just extra.
a good monetary policy in that sense

Forget all the logistics and complications of the matter. We as a society have been heading towards degeneracy for some time now. The simple question at the end of this is WHY ? What is the need for this ? Who on the face of the earth sitting in a muslim country has ever teased a fasting Muslim by eating in front of him ? Seriously who does this ?

Laws are made on the basis of need. What was the need for this ? Its common courtesy taught to every child that its not polite to eat in front of people who fast. Even my relatives who don't fast (diabetes is rampant in my bloodline) make sure that if they eat its not in front of anyone and even when they're in public they wait until back in their vehicle or some area not so open.

Theres only 2 reasons I see to why this law is even being considered.

1. Last year maulvi sahab was having the craving to have some rooh afza mid fast and he probably saw some dude gulping at it and maulvi sahab got so triggered that he wanted to make sure next ramzan that lads going to think twice before having some tuk malanga in public.

2. This being the last ramzan before the election is crucial. If the ganja party is able to convince the awaam how super religious they are they're going to bag a lot of votes .

Either reason is equally moronic and both would make a great meme.

When respect and tolerance in society diminishes, such laws become a necessity.
Agreed but im still a little hesitant towards above statement - one cannot force someone to respect him and this kind of law can easily by exploited for personal reasons - besides one can easily bribe a police officer for a few hundred rupees if it comes to that

Agreed but im still a little hesitant towards above statement - one cannot force someone to respect him and this kind of law can easily by exploited for personal reasons - besides one can easily bribe a police officer for a few hundred rupees if it comes to that

Laws are exploited everywhere by the powerful.

In West, all they have are laws ...

The way I see this law, it's a message to the liberal and beghairat brigades to behave ..

Keeping fast is about learning humility and feeling what it's like for the poor to go hungry. I bet most of these liberals would buy their way to heaven if they could by giving money. Just like when you stuff your fat faces with burgers when poor people come begging and ignore their plight.

And then when you suffer, you wonder why nobody gives a shit. We are a microcosm of our society, where nobody gives a shit about each other. Then most of you liberals wonder why we have corrupt leaders. Well it's because God is telling you that as a society, this is what you deserve. We as a country are a reflection of all the good and bad that we practice. It's easy to talk the talk, but most of the liberals here don't back it up with their actions.

Example of when Pakistani liberals get put in their place by Pakistani common folk:

Inkay liye Sharam koi naam Ki chiz ne he.

While it is a great idea to encourage people to avoid cooking and eating in broad day light out of respect for the folks who may be fasting.

However , from logical prespective, it makes no sense to ban something. Becasue if your "will power" is strong you should not be bothered with if someone is eating next door or not

Becasue poor people are always hungry on street while rich folks eat , chicken tikka and other good stuff all year around. Similarly a poor person may be hungry while rich eat all year around. And a person who fasts in Ramadan can't experience that hunger or "Test" of faith unless there is a resemblence to the pain faced by poor or orphans.

The idea of modern age fasting where you sleep 7 hours in morning and then wake up 1 hour before Magrib , lacks the realistic resemblence to the life of a poor person.

Real Test is you do your daily activites as is.....and be tested by all natural environment

Just from that prespective I feel the "Imprisonment" or idea of capital punishment of any kind is a bit unjust.

A better alternative should be to open food resturants at Magrib time.
And have School/Universities closed for Ramdan period (30 day break till after Eid)

Last edited:
Keeping fast is about learning humility and feeling what it's like for the poor to go hungry. I bet most of these liberals would buy their way to heaven if they could by giving money. Just like when you stuff your fat faces with burgers when poor people come begging and ignore their plight.

And then when you suffer, you wonder why nobody gives a shit. We are a microcosm of our society, where nobody gives a shit about each other. Then most of you liberals wonder why we have corrupt leaders. Well it's because God is telling you that as a society, this is what you deserve. We as a country are a reflection of all the good and bad that we practice. It's easy to talk the talk, but most of the liberals here don't back it up with their actions.

Example of when Pakistani liberals get put in their place by Pakistani common folk:

Inkay liye Sharam koi naam Ki chiz ne he.

Mairay bhai ye aapnay "liberal" term ka tou tia paancha hee kar dia ? Kaun hain ye liberals ? Is allowing the old, the sick and the young to eat in the public liberalism ? Would you rather have them suffer only because you and I are fasting even when the whole concept of fasting exists between a man and his creator and no one else ? So please do share what us "liberals" must do to back up what we say ?

Also what a stupid example you put up with that video ? How is that even related to anything ?

Mairay bhai ye aapnay "liberal" term ka tou tia paancha hee kar dia ? Kaun hain ye liberals ? Is allowing the old, the sick and the young to eat in the public liberalism ? Would you rather have them suffer only because you and I are fasting even when the whole concept of fasting exists between a man and his creator and no one else ? So please do share what us "liberals" must do to back up what we say ?

Also what a stupid example you put up with that video ? How is that even related to anything ?
Pakistani failed to define liberalism .....anyone whoever is happy and share some happy moment is liberal....... in other words any smiling person is liberal .... liberal sarcasm ... at peak

Pakistani failed to define liberalism .....anyone whoever is happy and share some happy moment is liberal....... in other words any smiling person is liberal .... liberal sarcasm ... at peak

True enough for this situation. Movies are liberal, don't watch em. Songs are liberal, don't listen to em. Thinking that being friends with opposite gender mean that they're just friends, is liberal, stay among men only. I'm a centrist, but not really; I'm a liberal because I'm not conservative. Three cheers for Mullah culture, though, which made religion into a business.

Attachments

• IMG_20170501_160325.JPG
    IMG_20170501_160325.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom