What's new

Three-month imprisonment for eating, smoking in public places under Ehtram-e-Ramzan Ordinance

I agree.
But the govt. has to take into account everything that goes on in the society.
Laws are therefore for deterrence and misuse is more due to corruption.
The more intolerant the society the more strict the laws would be.

Although in practice such laws are not needed and this is more of a result of hue and cry from the 'emotions brigade'.

You wot m8 ? You're right that the more intolerant society is the more strict the laws have to be. But the laws are being made to aim in the wrong direction. If society is getting intolerant laws should be made to COUNTERACT this intolerance , not to push it forward even more.

You wot m8 ? You're right that the more intolerant society is the more strict the laws have to be. But the laws are being made to aim in the wrong direction. If society is getting intolerant laws should be made to COUNTERACT this intolerance , not to push it forward even more.

that is not govts job. the govt hast to ensure public order.
awareness on the issue should be done by the elected members while explaining this piece.
the govt. will not and should not play a role in forging minds or shaping opinions.

govt. is purely for governance to ensure peace and stability. rest needs to be done by the public.

hahaha

sure

meanwhile i wait 3 more days for you to retract this tweet

koi deal sheal karlo yr nazariya zarorat ke tehat
I ain't bajva so any sort of retraction or retreat is out of question ::big_boss:

Under the amended bill, anyone who will eat openly in public places during Ramzan hours would be imprisoned for three-months and pay a fine of Rs500.
I think that violates the spirit of Islam about tolerance - do correct me if i am wrong - plus it gives a certain group of people a chance to mock Islam perhaps it was adopted specifically for this
@Verve your thoughts?

na biknay vala na jhukny vala :coffee: Me is priceless, won't sell my honor for some pieces of paper :tsk:

:rofl:

kaaghzi karwai baad me krlenge...
pehle Biryani. Dahi Bally chaat or lassi to pee lo.

naraz to na ho... kadi saddi gali phul k bhi aya karo

kaaghzi karwai baad me krlenge...
pehle Biryani. Dahi Bally chaat or lassi to pee lo.

naraz to na ho... kadi saddi gali phul k bhi aya karo
lmao it all starts with siri pay khaday'n nihari :D thanks but no thanks :D

lmao it all starts with siri pay khaday'n nihari :D thanks but no thanks :D

so atleast there is a start... let the negotiations begin.

you know in 3 years time there will be an opening in Riyadh..

we can work on that too

ISLAMABAD: Senate Standing Committee on Religious Affairs has unanimously adopted Ehtram-e-Ramzan (Amendment) Bill, 2017 under which monetary penalty has been hiked from Rs500 to Rs25000 for hotel owners who would violate Ehtram-e-Ramazan Ordinance, 1981.

Under the amended bill, anyone who will eat openly in public places during Ramzan hours would be imprisoned for three-months and pay a fine of Rs500.

Likewise, media outlets or cinema houses will pay a minimum fine of Rs500,000 upon violation of law.

Senator Tanveer Khan had introduced amended bill during senate sitting back on Jan-16 this year. The bill was forwarded for further consideration to standing Committee on Religious Affairs.
http://nation.com.pk/national/11-Ma...public-places-under-ehtram-e-ramzan-ordinance
Cant solve real issues so baboons will invent issues @Musafir117 @The Sandman @django @Moonlight
What the f ...... Even in the time of Holy Prophet PBUH, never applied such type of laws.....are we heading toward tribal law of Saudi Arabia ....... its joke .... I can test my roza when people eating around me.... and I don't care, if people eating around me ..

so atleast there is a start... let the negotiations begin.

you know in 3 years time there will be an opening in Riyadh..

we can work on that too
riyaz kA mjhy nae pta kon hain but it's a no no from me ,period ! :pakistan:

hahaha

sure

meanwhile i wait 3 more days for you to retract this tweet

koi deal sheal karlo yr nazariya zarorat ke tehat
ye bagar dari wala mula mulk ki MC BC kar ka choran ga....

Back
Top Bottom