What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Being a user of a system means what exactly? Azerbaijan is also a user of the same system. Again, we are talking about producers here. These are not Soviet era systems produced in limitless quantities lying around everywhere.

And how exactly would you find components for T-90 in those countries? The engine & transmission, sights, kontakt-5, Shtora etc. You cannot replace a component with an entirely different one just like that. You could in theory, but that would not be called "spare parts", and would be a complex, costly, time-consuming process, especially if we are talking about a situation where the country is in middle of a war. And it's not only the tank itself, there are alot of different things like support vehicles intended for the tank that are included in the purchase.

Again, I'm repeating myself here. But I simply don't agree with it and I have specified enough reasons for why.

Last edited:
Being a user of a system means what exactly? Azerbaijan is also a user of the same system, then it should be able to provide the components for itself according to your logic? Again, we are talking about producers here. These are not Soviet era systems produced in limitless quantities lying around in thousands.

And how exactly would you find components for T-90 in those countries? The engines & transmission, sights, kontakt-5, Shtora etc. You cannot replace a component with an entirely different one just like that. You could, but that would not be called "spare parts", and would be a complex, costly, time-consuming thing, especially if you are talking about a situation where the country is in middle of a war.

Again, I'm repeating myself here. But I simply don't agree with it because it's not the case.
What I am saying is that many countries have bought Russian equipments, and they have bought spare parts for their equipments as well. If we run out of most spare parts, we can buy it from other countries inventories. Most of these equipments and most of the required spare parts can be found in countries other than Azerbaijan, and Russia, as well.

Vay be aq !!! Neden yırttık ki bitaraflarımızı ülke olarak davet etmediğimiz tek bir proje, tek bir sistem kalmadı senelerce, özellikle Murat BAYAR görevdeyken. Görüşme fotolarından albüm olur ama Al bak adam government to government işi bitiriyor İsraille, gözünün içine bakıp mükemmel bunlar helal kardeşime diyip sırtını dönünce ana avrat küfredercesine!!!

It means Victory of so called alliance against solidarity of brotherhood. Remember There are lots of disappointments like that in past as well but This time, I just thought that Those fancy Israeli toys Azerbaijani members have been introducing, were just proposal of Israel against rivals as It is mentioned in posters so I need to ask some question but I realized that The situation is a littile different. I know very well that many shipyards like Ares, Dearsan, Yonca Onuk, STM design, Istanbul Shipyard were interesting to transfer necessary technologies regarding both composite and metalic hull construction to Azerbaijan.

BTW, Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry was also very keen to work on naval technologies, stabilized guns, missiles and many other subsystems. Aselsan sold more than 160 stabilized gun system on many configuration to many countries but When It comes to our brother state, They prefer Israeli one on their platforms. In this consequences, Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized naval guns are inferior to Israeli one ? Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized guns are more expensive than Israeli one ? Who can claim that Turkey is an enemy of Azerbaijan ? Who can claim that Turkish boats are inferior to Israeli one in terms of duration, firepower, confortability ? What's the logic behind those selections against Turkish equivalents Despite Turkish officials are ripping somewhere to find a collaboration area between two state ? Is there anybody from Azerbaijan who can tell me something meaningfull regarding those questions ?

At a reportage, It was underlined that They are in talk with Azeri side to establish a new shipyard togather with Azerbaijan. It is understood that Many officials wasted their valuable times at Azerbaijan to introduce many usefull things to find a collaboration opportunities on many available fields including ongoing projects. I think It is no need to examine Turkish naval warship construction experiences and ongoing projects. Not only naval areas, I remember Turkish side told importance of collaboration in many fields but It is seen that Azerbaijan is busy with connecting all sources to Israel instead of working with Turkey. I really don't know What's behind of that policies. It is maybe because of Israel love of Aliyev or some other reasons such as apathy of Turkish sides towards Azerbaijan but I know very well How ambitious Turkish side was When It comes to work with Azerbaijan. If neccesity of brotherhood is proceeding like that in our minds while mouths are speaking two country one nation dreams, I think It is no need to participate Azerbaijani defence fairs, No need to arrange any official meetings regarding any cooperation opportunities to waste times, No need to follow a common foreign policies against problematic countries. If you check Azeri-Turk defence trade of 2013 and compare them with others, You will understand What I am taking about. Just wanted to mention.

I said the same things to that Azeri440 guy in WAFF and he told me that our products are crap...

Vay be aq !!! Neden yırttık ki bitaraflarımızı ülke olarak davet etmediğimiz tek bir proje, tek bir sistem kalmadı senelerce, özellikle Murat BAYAR görevdeyken. Görüşme fotolarından albüm olur ama Al bak adam government to government işi bitiriyor İsraille, gözünün içine bakıp mükemmel bunlar helal kardeşime diyip sırtını dönünce ana avrat küfredercesine!!!

It means Victory of so called alliance against solidarity of brotherhood. Remember There are lots of disappointments like that in past as well but This time, I just thought that Those fancy Israeli toys Azerbaijani members have been introducing, were just proposal of Israel against rivals as It is mentioned in posters so I need to ask some question but I realized that The situation is a littile different. I know very well that many shipyards like Ares, Dearsan, Yonca Onuk, STM design, Istanbul Shipyard were interesting to transfer necessary technologies regarding both composite and metalic hull construction to Azerbaijan.

BTW, Undersecretariat of Turkish defence industry was also very keen to work on naval technologies, stabilized guns, missiles and many other subsystems. Aselsan sold more than 160 stabilized gun system on many configuration to many countries but When It comes to our brother state, They prefer Israeli one on their platforms. In this consequences, Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized naval guns are inferior to Israeli one ? Who can claim that Aselsan stabilized guns are more expensive than Israeli one ? Who can claim that Turkey is an enemy of Azerbaijan ? Who can claim that Turkish boats are inferior to Israeli one in terms of duration, firepower, confortability ? What's the logic behind those selections against Turkish equivalents Despite Turkish officials are ripping somewhere to find a collaboration area between two state ? Is there anybody from Azerbaijan who can tell me something meaningfull regarding those questions ?

At a reportage, It was underlined that They are in talk with Azeri side to establish a new shipyard togather with Azerbaijan. It is understood that Many officials wasted their valuable times at Azerbaijan to introduce many usefull things to find a collaboration opportunities on many available fields including ongoing projects. I think It is no need to examine Turkish naval warship construction experiences and ongoing projects. Not only naval areas, I remember Turkish side told importance of collaboration in many fields but It is seen that Azerbaijan is busy with connecting all sources to Israel instead of working with Turkey. I really don't know What's behind of that policies. It is maybe because of Israel love of Aliyev or some other reasons such as apathy of Turkish sides towards Azerbaijan but I know very well How ambitious Turkish side was When It comes to work with Azerbaijan. If neccesity of brotherhood is proceeding like that in our minds while mouths are speaking two country one nation dreams, I think It is no need to participate Azerbaijani defence fairs, No need to arrange any official meetings regarding any cooperation opportunities to waste times, No need to follow a common foreign policies against problematic countries. If you check Azeri-Turk defence trade of 2013 and compare them with others, You will understand What I am taking about. Just wanted to mention.

Bro, there's obviously something going on in the background when it concerns Azeri Government. They even pay for Russian armament, Russia who backed Armenia in Karabakh conflict.

But they are their own bosses, if anyone still thinks a Turkic Union would be so fantastic they are dreaming.

I said the same things to that Azeri440 guy in WAFF and he told me that our products are crap...

In that matters, Truth is one in my World. Rest is about trying to find excuses like "Russia is different, Turkish products crap, Israel is best friend, Turkmenistan is enemy, independant procurement policy, multiple sources for procurements...etc". It is all about feeling some special national senses in your heart, veins and consider your brothers, their problems and their achievements as your own problems and achievements. Governments may follow some undertable policies but Defending such wrongs personally is also another thing to shame. Otherwise, You can always find something to say for justification Even If you commit World's worst shamefull acts.

Last edited:
In that matters, Truth is one in my World. Rest is about trying to find excuses like "Russia is different, Turkish products crap, Israel is best friend, Turkmenistan is enemy, independant procurement policy, multiple sources for procurements...etc". It is all about feeling some special national senses in your heart, veins and consider your brothers, their problems and their achievements as your own problems and achievements. Governments may follow some undertable policies but Defending such wrongs personally is also another thing to shame. Otherwise, You can always find something to say for justification Even If you commit World's worst shamefull acts.
You are emotional at best. So, you are saying that Azerbaijan has not the right to diversify her arms suppliers, and need to buy weapons from Turkiye, even if other countries offer much better deals? What kind of logic is that? A brother need to want his brother to be as much strong as possible, not be as much dependent on him as possible. BTW, let's be honest, would Turkiye send her troops if the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia or Russia gets heated? obviously no, and we would need to be self dependent and ready for that day based on our own capabilities. So, we need to choose wisely for our limited budget and resources, and tons of our problems.

You are emotional at best. So, you are saying that Azerbaijan has not the right to diversify her arms suppliers, and need to buy weapons from Turkiye, even if other countries offer much better deals? What kind of logic is that? A brother need to want his brother to be as much strong as possible, not be as much dependent on him as possible. BTW, let's be honest, would Turkiye send her troops if the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia or Russia gets heated? obviously no, and we would need to be self dependent and ready for that day based on our own capabilities. So, we need to choose wisely for our limited budget and resources, and tons of our problems.

Actually Cabatli tried to explain you that Türkiye is the best partner for Azerbaycan... He said you are us, we are you... We should get stronger together for our common future... And i'm sure Cabatli can easily answer blamings our products as 'crap'...

Actually Cabatli tried to explain you that Türkiye is the best partner for Azerbaycan... He said you are us, we are you... We should get stronger together for our common future... And i'm sure Cabatli can easily answer blamings our products as 'crap'...

Maybe you think that we have eyes on your money...

Look guys our country’s aim is not making money from defence industry... Our aim is being powerful with all of our brothers... You can clearly see steps of this about our defence industry policy.... Money will not enter our pockets for our wealth... Money will be used for new & more powerful products for all of us... If we don't work together how will we have enough power ?.. Do we want to keep being speechless against all crimes against us ?.. Should we work together and be powerful or should we make our enemies more & more powerful ?..

Actually Cabatli tried to explain you that Türkiye is the best partner for Azerbaycan... He said you are us, we are you... We should get stronger together for our common future...
That's right in a sense, but in another sense, if we are you, would you fight for us and on our own behalf? Anyway, as I tried to say earlier, Turkey does not always offer the best deals for making us stronger, in those cases we would choose other countries like Israel, or Russia. So, you should not get emotional in such cases. But, if Turkey offers a good deal, we would obviously accept it.
And i'm sure Cabatli can easily answer blamings our products as 'crap'...
About @Azeri440 words in another forum, I cannot accept or reject his words, as long as I have not seen the whole discussion. Azeri440 has a very good knowledge, but gets emotional, like all of us, in some occasions as well. Maybe you guys have had some heated discussion in another forum and said some bad words to each other, in which you may not even agree with those words in your hearts, but, you should not drag that baggage to this thread too.

That's right in a sense, but in another sense, if we are you, would you fight for us and on our own behalf? Anyway, as I tried to say earlier, Turkey does not always offer the best deals for making us stronger, in those cases we would choose other countries like Israel, or Russia. So, you should not get emotional in such cases. But, if Turkey offers a good deal, we would obviously accept it.

About @Azeri440 words in another forum, I cannot accept or reject his words, as long as I have not seen the whole discussion. Azeri440 has a very good knowledge, but gets emotional, like all of us, in some occasions as well. Maybe you guys have had some heated discussion in another forum and said some bad words to each other, in which you may not even agree with those words in your hearts, but, you should not drag that baggage to this thread too.

I tried to explain you that we are not emotional but logical... If it was so i would tell things like "We love you so much, :( " but NO... We are telling you logical reasons... We don't discuss two country's love about eachother... There is no need to discuss that coz there is no suspicion about that... It's clear...

And your question about russia issue... Here is my personal answer... If russia attacks you in today's conditions i wouldn't want my country to enter this war... BECAUSE when we look Tr & Az vs russia technically we can see that russia can crush both of us very easily... So i prefer not to enter that war because at least one of us stand alive for future....

I can say samething about you... For example if USA attacks us i never want you to enter this war.... Because you should stand alive for future...

Lastly and mainly... We are talking and trying to explain you we as brothers should reach a power to crush russia or other powerful nations so that's why we should work together...

I hope you understand what i say...

I tried to explain you that we are not emotional but logical... If it was so i would tell things like "We love you so much, :( " but NO... We are telling you logical reasons... We don't discuss two country's love about eachother... There is no need to discuss that coz there is no suspicion about that... It's clear...

And your question about russia issue... Here is my personal answer... If russia attacks you in today's conditions i wouldn't want my country to enter this war... BECAUSE when we look Tr & Az vs russia technically we can see that russia can crush both of us very easily... So i prefer not to enter that war because at least one of us stand alive for future....

I can say samething about you... For example if USA attacks us i never want you to enter this war.... Because you should stand alive for future...

Lastly and mainly... We are talking and trying to explain you we as brothers should reach a power to crush russia or other powerful nations so that's why we should work together...

I hope you understand what i say...

I agree with most parts of your post. But, you need to consider the Azerbaijan situation. Karabagh ceasefire is very fragile and literally in every minute it can be broken, and a large scale war starts. The number of our military conflicts(shooting to each other sides, ...) with Armenia is doubled compared to the year before that. Our resources is really really limited, and needs to be spent on an unlimited number of issues. That's why we cannot chip in much to such projects, nor it would be much important considering our small, and limited budget.

Back
Top Bottom