What's new

Average Heights of Indians for different states

Status
Not open for further replies.
not all people in kerala trace their ancestry to traders

i have seen many kerala brahmins and nairs who are very fair

i have a namboodiri friend who never traced his history to outside or watever but on net u can find references which say that brahmins migrated from north india to south india

This is their myth-making, which we can smile at when we are by ourselves, and otherwise disregard. Iyengars, for instance, divide themselves into Thengalai and Vadagalai, the southern persuasion and the northern persuasion, and the implication is that the southern ones were the ones accepted by Sriramanujacharya, whereas the Vadagalai were migrants from the north. Genetically, you are aware that there is no difference, none whatsoever.

Come on people lets live in the present ! It hasn't any bearing on your present even if one of your or mine, ancestor was a martian !

Aha! We are rapidly closing in on an important datum.

why does ur past bother u "butt" sahab:azn:

Nah doesn't bother me but I ain't gonna go Al Pacino (Scar Face) style on someone's arse if he has a dig at it or cracks a joke about it ! My ancestors from a thousand years ago have probably lived in these areas but all of them are fertilizing some plot of land someplace in Kashmir....what bearing does that have on my present ?

This is their myth-making, which we can smile at when we are by ourselves, and otherwise disregard. Iyengars, for instance, divide themselves into Thengalai and Vadagalai, the southern persuasion and the northern persuasion, and the implication is that the southern ones were the ones accepted by Sriramanujacharya, whereas the Vadagalai were migrants from the north. Genetically, you are aware that there is no difference, none whatsoever.

Aha! We are rapidly closing in on an important datum.

but how come in south u can find fair and dark brahmins at the same time

it is possible in nort too, but the contrast is way too much in south

Nah doesn't bother me but I ain't gonna go Al Pacino (Scar Face) style on someone's arse if he has a dig at it or cracks a joke about it ! My ancestors from a thousand years ago have probably lived in these areas but all of them are fertilizing some plot of land someplace in Kashmir....what bearing does that have on my present ?

yaa it will have , in ur way of thinking ( diplomacy is a gift every brahmin passes on to its descendents)

jus joking dont tk it seriously!!!:)

but how come in south u can find fair and dark brahmins at the same time

it is possible in nort too, but the contrast is way too much in south

Skin pigmentation is a very difficult subject. I have no clue; you have to ask a geneticist.

Dunno whether my Brahmin ancestors (thats what Grandpa maintained) passed on an ounce of diplomacy because I'm low on neurons & high on testosterone ! :hitwall:

//Now THIS is going to be useful in future! Where do I copy and store it?//

off topic:
I don't know what Nair saab trying say......as far I know Chera ,Chola and Pandyas ruled south India and they were tamil kings. Illango adigal(Jain monk) wrote silapathikaram which is a great epic of tamil literature ,he was a brother of cheran senguttuvan who ruled valanadu/modern day kerala and they spoken tamil language in that region. I don't think malayalam emerged at time of sangam ages.

Cholas and Pandyas are arch rivals they never get along together , so chera's either joins with cholas or Pandyas and defeated the odd its the history. When TN discriminated aiyers(who worships shiva)? don't forget most of TN people are shiavites(including Raja raja chola). Even pillai are predominantly found in kerala ,did TN people also discriminated them?. Get your facts correct.

The Iyers came in Kerala in three waves ... 1st when the Hindu Dynasty of Chera & Chola had fallen & Mugals started invading TN... what they did first was to attack Iyers who were mostly Temple priest ... So to seek protection the iyers started migrating to kerala where the Hindu king assured full protection to them...

2nd when the Nairs & vermas of Kerala wanted to undermine the Namboothiri Brahmins who refused to do the coronation ceremony of a person from Nair caste... so the King invited Lots of Aiyars from TN & also many Brahmins from Orissa & gave them huge land & wealth...

3rd the more recent one during the last century due to rise of Dravidian Nationalism the other caste of TN considered the Brahmin caste are of Aryan decedent & the cause of there misery was these Iyer Brahmins... so they started attacking Iyers in TN... so many of them started migrating to Kerala in already Iyer areas of Kerala...

& the present day Ezavas of Kerala Consider themselves the Decadents of Cheras... whom the Nairs & the Namboodhiris declared outcaste when refused to accept Brahminical supremacy in Kerala... but in reality the Ezavas also had the Kshatriya ancestry...

is there such a thing as middle eastern features???

Yups ! Very much. Whilst I agree with earlier comment saying there's nothing like Indian features. They are subcontinental.

You are beginning to bug me. The Namboodiris are native to Kerala and have been for centuries.

i have been living in kL most of my life. i know a LOT of high caste tamils and tamil brahmins who came here over centuries. what about you?

That was badly off the mark.

Malayalam is/was a descendant of Tamil. The two were indistinguishable even some generations ago, not within living memory, but within the realm of written down works where the divergences can be spotted. Tulu belongs to the northern family of the extant Dravidian languages, and is closest to Kannada, not to Malayalam. Bunts don't come from Malabar, they are well within the Kannadiga zone and the Mysore political ambience.

Malayalam is/was a descendant of Tamil.
true

Tulu belongs to the northern family of the extant Dravidian languages, and is closest to Kannada, not to Malayalam
False
tulu script was originally malayam.
Tulu language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
150px-Tulubaase4.png

any malayalee can read this

i have been living in kL most of my life. i know a LOT of high caste tamils and tamil brahmins who came here over centuries. what about you?

<sigh>

Mother born in Kurnool, I was born in Bellary. My wife is a Hebbar Iyengar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom