What's new

Average Heights of Indians for different states

Status
Not open for further replies.
<sigh>

Mother born in Kurnool, I was born in Bellary. My wife is a Hebbar Iyengar.

What does that mean ?

I thought you were a Bengali born in South India ! :undecided:

I even recall someone mentioning how you held the title for Mr. Tamil Nadu & had a finely chiseled chest that had most women droll over ! Or is that just hearsay ? :blink:

What does that mean ?

I even recall someone mentioning how you held the title for Mr. Tamil Nadu & had a finely chiseled chest that had most women droll over ! Or is that just hearsay ? :blink:

Is that for real or am I turning Sheldon once again?

Malayalam is/was a descendant of Tamil.
true

Tulu belongs to the northern family of the extant Dravidian languages, and is closest to Kannada, not to Malayalam
False
tulu script was originally malayam.
Tulu language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
150px-Tulubaase4.png

any malayalee can read this

See the chart for yourself; the second chart.

Dravidian languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hate having to do this to satisfy snippy young things with an excess of attitude.

Tulu is the primary spoken language in Tulu Nadu, a region comprising the districts of Udupi and Dakshina Kannada in the west of the state of Karnataka and Kasaragod taluk of Kerala. Apart from Tulu Nadu, a significant emigrant population of Tuluva people is found in Maharashtra, Bangalore and the Gulf countries.

Non-native speakers such as the Konkani-speaking Mangalorean Catholics, Gowda Saraswath Brahmins and Daivajnas, as well as the Beary people in Tulu Nadu are generally well-versed in the language. The language was originally written using the Tulu script, which is an adaptation of Grantha script. At the beginning of the 20th century the original script was abandoned in favour of the Kannada script.

What does that mean ?

I shall ignore that last sentence with dignified silence. The last two sentences, to be technically correct.

@ Joe : I was just kidding around...I'm sorry if I offended you ! Talk to me man ! :cry:

punjabi jatts are tallest. j and k people lie about their heights. i seen so many kashmiri hato( shawl vendors) and they were all short. average height of punjabis are coming down because of so many pahari and biharis who are settling here n start calling themselves punjabis after a while

Actually, J&K is taller despite not even being half as developed as Punjab. LOL

"The estimated height at age 20 was highest in the state of Jammu and Kashmir for men (170 cm) and in Kerala for women (157 cm)."
I couldn't agree with u mate!!I keep on visiting the J&K from time to time and what I would say that the Kashmiri population as a whole have a much more uniform distribution of height and yes there are both tall and short people in Kashmir but on an overall basis they have uniform heights.But I know it for a fact that people in Punjab,Haryana,Tamil Nadu and Kerala have a much bigger population having height's above 6'2"!!As far as stats are concerned they would always have something to say. . . . BTW recently India Today awarded J&K and Manipur as the healthiest states in India and uniform height pattern might be a result of alleviation of malnutrition from the state!!

punjabi jatts are tallest. j and k people lie about their heights. i seen so many kashmiri hato( shawl vendors) and they were all short. average height of punjabis are coming down because of so many pahari and biharis who are settling here n start calling themselves punjabis after a while

On our side the Punjabi Janjuas are pretty tall ! Then there are the people from there & about Jhelum (many of those 7 footers for the Pakistan Rangers are recruited from those areas) - They're all Punjabis.

ppl in northwest part of india are taller when compared to other parts ( kerala is surely an exception)

punjab, jammu-kashmir, rajasthan, western uttar pradesh, haryana, kerala

never been to tamil nadu but have met some very tall tamilians

some castes and groups found throughout india have above average height

in our punjab people from malwa region seem to be tallest while people from majha region are medium tall but stocky build n aggressive. almost all warrior sikhs were from my region of majha. usually pahari n people of cow belt of india tend to be short either cause of diet or climate

maybe Indian punjabi are tall, depending on what you consider tall, I hardly see any punjabi in Toronto taller than 5'10

But today due to misrule of modern governance Kerala has to import all the food grain requirement from TN & Andra... all the farmland r lying waste ...

Its not fully true mate. Thanks to our big neighbor who taught us a big lesson regarding food requirement. Now we depend less on them than previous years. And slowly we will be self sufficient in food productions with various schemes introduced by the previous and present Gov. The recent India Today survey report says that the overall position of Kerala was much better compared to other big states and it was a model for other states in certain spheres. The report said that the state had made rapid strides in the field of agriculture, which has been remaining stagnant for years, and infrastructure in the last year. The state has also been ranked second among the most improved big states in the country, third in infrastructure development, fourth in agriculture production which is a big achievement.

Kerala ranked first in law and order among states

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom