What's new

Average Heights of Indians for different states

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i was in college in kerala i was the tallest at 6 feet. But when next year batch came and the tallest in their batch were 4 guys at around 6 to 6.5 feet.I had to look up to speak to them. In office also Keralites are at or near 6 feet. There are short ones also mostly among ladies but getting rarer. The previous generation is hardly at 5.5 feet. Communism Communism :-)

You have your heights wrong......

punjabi jatts are tallest. j and k people lie about their heights. i seen so many kashmiri hato( shawl vendors) and they were all short. average height of punjabis are coming down because of so many pahari and biharis who are settling here n start calling themselves punjabis after a while

Maybe economic development has led to unhealthy lifestyle. I also hear that soil quality in Punjab has deteriorated due to excessive use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides. It is unfortunate, need to reconnect with nature.

Summary
Tallest states for men (over 168 cm)
1. Punjab
2. Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala (tie)
3. Haryana

Tallest states for women (over 154cm)
1. Jammu and Kashmir
2. Haryana
3. Punjab, Rajasthan, Kerala (3 way tie!)

One source from 2005 concludes : "The estimated height at age 20 was highest in the state of Jammu and Kashmir for men (170 cm) and in Kerala for women (157 cm)."

Conclusion: Race probably matters but diet is very important. Kerala is a highly developed state and hence, keralites are one of the tallest people in India. Very surprising but illuminating facts.
Yet another fact which proves the stupidity of the martial race nonsensical theory.

Kerala is of course relatively famous for having a combination of high gender equality and literacy, with relatively low incomes.It is arguable that Kerala is about as genetically distant from the populations of northwest India as any excluding the Sino-Tibetan populations of the far northeast, so it seems that the height “gap” can be somewhat closed through development. That being said, it also seems plausible that there might be differences in diet (more milk, less cereal) and genetics which explain some of the differences in height across populations.

heighfig6.png

I'm the shortest guy in my family, 5'8. My younger brothers have already reached the 6 foot mark and they're only in their teens :frown:

same here... people from east UP have much shorter height than west UP. my height is 175, all my cousins are taller than me.

indian minus gujratis, north east indians and biharis would be on average taller than pakistanis. pakistani are 30 % pahari people usually short

another thing. don't understand why u don't like pahari people. let me tell you

aus jammu de log vi basically ek punjabi da hi dialect bolne aan. saddi pasha koi 80% punjabi naal mildi hai te aus vi punjabi festivals nu celebrate karne aan. for example, vaisakhi te lohri jammu ch vot dum dham naal manaye jande nay. difference ei o hai k aus apne ap nu "dogra" akhnay aan not punjabi. historically jammu te punjab ek ho ci gay. hun thoda jaya kashmiri influence vi aah gaya hai jammu ch also.

Iam 5'7 my cousine brother is like 5'9 but his father is like 6'2

Percentage of Poverty in India is more than Pakistan that's why i said money divide is not proper.

Bro , I just posted you a link about Gini Index. Gini index measures how unequally the income is distributed in a country. India and Pakistan are at exactly the same level. Percentage of poverty is almost the same in both countries , but we have a population almost 6 times that of you people , so obviously numerically , we have a much larger number of poor people.

its like this.
the malabar coast was a hotbed of trade for millennia. kerala comprises a major bulk of that coast. the rest of the malabar coast is in karnataka.
Aishwarya rai is tulu. so she is also from the malabar coast. her language is a sister of malayalam.

notice how her facial features are a blend of middle eastern and local

13826-Aishwarya-Rai.jpg

She is Tulu Bunt and she has no middle eastenr features,Asin is Syrisan Christian,maybe she does.

all of them are originally tamil brahmins. for centuries, many upper caste hindus from tamil nadu migrated to kerala (maybe because there were only a few lower caste there?). only recently this trend stopped.

as for your previous question, i am not from rajastan.
i have already posted it here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/214160-indians-pictures-40.html#post3533245

Not necessarily,The Kerala castes are different from the Tamil Brahmins.

\

Yes these Brahmins are called Aiyyars... they came to kerala as they where discriminated in TN on issue of being a Non-Dravidians ...

The King of Kerala Gave them Protection & invited them to Kerala , gave them land but on the condition that they will never be allowed to perform Brahminical ceremonies in Temples of Kerala a right which was only reserved to Namboothiri Brahmins of Kerala...

No Man,they came to TN as they also got roles to play.

Not everyone liked the namboothiris.

They had other roles to play too.

but how come in south u can find fair and dark brahmins at the same time

it is possible in nort too, but the contrast is way too much in south

Lot of it is due to the melanin,but also due to ancestry and inter mixing.

Secondly,oyu can find lot of rajputs/jatts who are dark due to melanin.

punjabi jatts are tallest. j and k people lie about their heights. i seen so many kashmiri hato( shawl vendors) and they were all short. average height of punjabis are coming down because of so many pahari and biharis who are settling here n start calling themselves punjabis after a while

Paaji,I knw short,muscular Jatts too and in general i find Jaats/Rajputs/Gujjars taller on an average,just slightly.

Jaats are not as tall as kapoors or aroras the original kshatriyas of punjab.

I m not happy with type of thread.

If we start to discuss physical features of some nation, we tend to subconsciously ridicule them in one way or another.

I would request the mods to close this thread and dont encourage such threads in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom