Summary
Tallest states for men (over 168 cm)
1. Punjab
2. Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala (tie)
3. Haryana

Tallest states for women (over 154cm)
1. Jammu and Kashmir
2. Haryana
3. Punjab, Rajasthan, Kerala (3 way tie!)

One source from 2005 concludes : "The estimated height at age 20 was highest in the state of Jammu and Kashmir for men (170 cm) and in Kerala for women (157 cm)."

Conclusion: Race probably matters but diet is very important. Kerala is a highly developed state and hence, keralites are one of the tallest people in India. Very surprising but illuminating facts.
Yet another fact which proves the stupidity of the martial race nonsensical theory.

Looks like prolonged Communist rule is a positive factor for increasing height.

We Punjabis are the tallest.:bounce:

Actually, J&K is taller despite not even being half as developed as Punjab. LOL

"The estimated height at age 20 was highest in the state of Jammu and Kashmir for men (170 cm) and in Kerala for women (157 cm)."

I'm the shortest guy in my family, 5'8. My younger brothers have already reached the 6 foot mark and they're only in their teens :frown:

Actually, J&K is taller despite not even being half as developed as Punjab. LOL

"The estimated height at age 20 was highest in the state of Jammu and Kashmir for men (170 cm) and in Kerala for women (157 cm)."
But in 2001 census J&K are 168.3 and Punjab 168.6 and 2005 report was a private one so it's not official,I will wait for the results of 2011 census when it is released.

But in 2001 census J&K are 168.3 and Punjab 168.6 and 2005 report was a private one so it's not official,I will wait for the results of 2011 census when it is released.

ok bro but just don't keep your expectations too high:P

Alwar in Rajasthan

The Rajasthani rajputs I have met always did seem to be very tall. They seemed taller than even Punjabis!

The Rajasthani rajputs I have met always did seem to be very tall. They seemed taller than even Punjabis!

It depends. During my trip to Kochi, I saw some tall @ss locals lol. And was pretty dwarfed in Chennai as well.

Dellhiites are much taller today than in 2001. I can bet

I'm surprised by Delhi's average being so low. SInce it is the capital of India, I would expect delhiites to be better off than most parts of the country and hence taller but guess not so..
Maybe delhiites are too kanjoos!

I'm surprised by Delhi's average being so low. SInce it is the capital of India, I would expect delhiites to be better off than most parts of the country and hence taller but guess not so..
Maybe delhiites are too kanjoos!

Hey aren't you the guy that wanted to be Pakistani or should i say 'white' ? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom