What's new

Average Heights of Indians for different states

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey aren't you the guy that wanted to be Pakistani or should i say 'white' ? :lol:

was a joke.

Anyways I myself am 5'11" so these averages seem a bit short to me. Maybe it has now icnreased by 2 cm or more

Future of India

276478864595110262_PChvCvCz_b.jpg

@ op

yes. race makes a huge difference. almost as much as nutrition.
The reason kerala is so different is because (most people dont know this) for thousands of years, this state was basically a trade settlement mainly comprising of foreigners who traded with the tamil locals. The average malayalee is basically a mix of the two.

I'm the shortest guy in my family, 5'8. My younger brothers have already reached the 6 foot mark and they're only in their teens :frown:

Startling coincidence. what you said, the very same applies to me too. word for word.

@ op

yes. race makes a huge difference. almost as much as nutrition.
The reason kerala is so different is because (most people dont know this) for thousands of years, this state was basically a trade settlement mainly comprising of foreigners who traded with the tamil locals. The average malayalee is basically a mix of the two.

Startling coincidence. what you said, the very same applies to me too. word for word.

Interesting fact. Kerala people do seem a bit different to other south Indians I guess. Isn't Asin from Kerala?? She is hot!

I'm surprised by Delhi's average being so low. SInce it is the capital of India, I would expect delhiites to be better off than most parts of the country and hence taller but guess not so..
Maybe delhiites are too kanjoos!

It's weird, I am 5 feet 9 and have travelled around . I feel short in Delhi but never so in other areas around India except for the North West perhaps . This seems too outdated or may be they just took too many migrants from Eastern India into the sample for testing .

It's weird, I am 5 feet 9 and have travelled around . I feel short in Delhi but never so in other areas around India except for the North West perhaps . This seems too outdated or may be they just took too many migrants from Eastern India into the sample for testing .
Hmm. Well Delhi is metropolitan so it has people from various part of the country. That probably does affect its average. From my personal observations, jatt/jats(from punjab and haryana)seemed to be the tallest followed by J&K and rajasthan. But the data doesn't support

Interesting fact. Kerala people do seem a bit different to other south Indians I guess. Isn't Asin from Kerala?? She is hot!

its like this.
the malabar coast was a hotbed of trade for millennia. kerala comprises a major bulk of that coast. the rest of the malabar coast is in karnataka.
Aishwarya rai is tulu. so she is also from the malabar coast. her language is a sister of malayalam.

notice how her facial features are a blend of middle eastern and local

13826-Aishwarya-Rai.jpg

Lucknowites are way taller than they were a decade ago , i literally experienced it .
Eventhough i am 6'1 i feel quite short while hanging out with my friends.
Well let give an example ; my pops height is about 5'11 and mum about 5'10 and since i have the pleasure of having a balanced diet right from the start of my birth i am the tallest guy in my family .
The bottom line is good quality food definately helps .
If it goes by the current trend then by 2100 , 7 foot wont be a big deal :woot:

its like this.
the malabar coast was a hotbed of trade for millennia. kerala comprises a major bulk of that coast. the rest of the malabar coast is in karnataka.
Aishwarya rai is tulu. so she is also from the malabar coast. her language is a sister of malayalam.

notice how her facial features are a blend of middle eastern and local

13826-Aishwarya-Rai.jpg

i dont see middle eastern .she has pure indian features except eye colour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom