What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

Who edits this magazine?

No disrespect, but Gen Kayani is pointing one way and looking in another, and the finger of the guy on his left is blurred; a better picture could have been chosen. And why is "Unturned" capitalized?

===============================

He was being, probably, briefed by the work that has been done and the currently undergoing work stages in those area. Or he was asking someone about that area to someone. Logic gives the answer.

He was being, probably, briefed by the work that has been done and the currently undergoing work stages in those area. Or he was asking someone about that area to someone. Logic gives the answer.

Yes, but cover photos are important for many reasons, including subliminal messages. A good editor helps!

Who edits this magazine?

No disrespect, but Gen Kayani is pointing one way and looking in another, and the finger of the guy on his left is blurred; a better picture could have been chosen. And why is "Unturned" capitalized?

I guess they weren't posing for that "Kodak" moment, neither did they spot Superman to point finger in the right direction. They were most likely discussing the RESCUE operation which is under progress.
This should be declared as the recovery operation that is actually is; to pretend otherwise is simply wrong at this point in time.
My faith and belief like most other religion is that one day we will all taste the death and meet our maker, I am sure you are inclined to surrender to the same fate. Since you have so much of a problem with certain words in context, and since we are all going to eventually kick the bucket, then i hope you wouldn't mind me addressing you as VCheng (Late) as of now. !!!

......They were most likely discussing the RESCUE operation which is under progress...........

Pray tell, who are you hoping to "rescue" with this operation at this stage?

The fanaticism of delusional thought runs deep and wide, apparently, but please do carry on as you insist.

@V and his pretend

Unfortunately Hilal is a monthly mag.

i havent been able to find any news on siachen operation for the last few days..
even ISPR has stopped posting news about siachen.....

i havent been able to find any news on siachen operation for the last few days..
even ISPR has stopped posting news about siachen.....

Only the families and friends remember the shuhadaa all their lives, as the world moves on. Sad but true.

Nope.

Op is still going on, and the snow melting is making things difficult, because pools of water now gather on a hole.

so goes the survival rate, if any.
I would've hoped they can stay alive in a cave like snowmountain big foot.

nothing, the updates have also slowed, but not the operation,
the teams are still there, still looking for the mates, burried in snow, may Allah give them courage and strength to get what they are looking for!

the weather is the real enemy in this region. a few days back, the cold and snow fall was causing all the problems, now the melting of snow is making water pool and making the work of heavy machines difficult.

No PR111/2012-ISPR Dated: May 7, 2012
Rawalpindi - May 7, 2012:

Update Avalanche Clearance at Gayari Sector Siachen
Army has employed all possible efforts/manpower for rescue activities at Gayari Sector since last one month inspite of harsh weather conditions.
The excavators work at seven sites in is progress with full pace and restoration of water channel is also underway round the clock.
A nonstop, deliberate and methodical Rescue Operation, supported by all available resources is under way

regards!

No PR121/2012-ISPR
Rawalpindi - May 18, 2012:
Update Avalanche Clearance at Gayari Sector Siachen

A deliberate and consistent rescue operation is under way at Gayari, to search the missing soldiers. 12 small slides were triggered in the vicinity of the Gayari site from adjacent mountain. However due to limited extent no damage occurred.
Work on Restoration and deepening of Water Channel is being carried out to facilitate drainage of the water from excavated sites. Water level is receding at the site now.
Mr David Petlay, Professor of Institute of Hazards and Natural Calamity at University of Durham UK alongwith representative of NDMA and Professor Khattak ex NUST visited Gayari site for technical study.
At the moment 49 Engineering plants and a total of 371 persons are employed on search operation.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom