What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

there is weblink with GHQ, but then you would need to be in GHQ!!!

i have so much to write in response to this post but the respect of this thread forces me not to do tht !!
If this post was in some other thread , i would have responded u in the exact way u deserve to be responded ... and taught u the side of life which u have never imagined !!!

Your thoughts on praying are fine. But do not stop digging.
Prayer is not a substitute for digging. Both do different things. And achieve different results.

there is weblink with GHQ, but then you would need to be in GHQ!!!

That is a videolink which is not really of interest. I was talking about just general information about local weather conditions in Gayari.

That is a videolink which is not really of interest. I was talking about just general information about local weather conditions in Gayari.

I have got the location in Accuweather, which shows the weather to some extent, but can't post the link.

yup, thats what i found. And I found the exact area.

But the accuweather link that i pasted here, that would start from the world map, not the place i pin pointed.

Probably something of this magnitude.
or more

Last edited by a moderator:
The Disaster has completed a Month....32 days to be precise...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No PR111/2012-ISPR Dated: May 7, 2012
Rawalpindi - May 7, 2012:

Update Avalanche Clearance at Gayari Sector Siachen

Army has employed all possible efforts/manpower for rescue activities at Gayari Sector since last one month inspite of harsh weather conditions.
The excavators work at seven sites in is progress with full pace and restoration of water channel is also underway round the clock.
A nonstop, deliberate and methodical Rescue Operation, supported by all available resources is under way

----------------------

It is sad that Nobody Dead or alive has been found yet...At the same time it gives us an idea of the scale of the disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still calling is a "rescue" operation, which it is most certainly stopped being a long time ago.

They are still calling is a "rescue" operation, which it is most certainly stopped being a long time ago.

lack of vocabulary I think
or lazy choice of words I dont know what else to say. I agree its not a rescue operation but more of a recovery operation, weather and conditions permitting.

sooner or latter there will be a decision to put a closure of this tragedy. I am surprised that this thread is still going on. I posted once or twice some time back and didnt feel to post any further but want to use this opportunity to agree with you that most of the time the mother nature wins no matter how noble the cause (here being recovering the bodies of the dead).

there is an unwritten code among the people across the world as you know it "leave no man behind". etc.
so COAS comments actually represented the feelings of the soldiers in the area when the tragedy was fresh.

The father of Maj Zaka did say to the COAS that after sometime, if no noticeable development is made, this should be declared a Shahadat, rather than rescue or anything.

there is an unwritten code among the people across the world as you know it "leave no man behind". etc.
so COAS comments actually represented the feelings of the soldiers in the area when the tragedy was fresh.

It is the COAS's responsibility to take into account the feelings of his men, but also the lead them properly and realistically in this case. By now he should be saying the correct things, and change the name to the Recovery Operation that it is; there is no excuse for it to be called Rescue anymore.

The father of Maj Zaka did say to the COAS that after sometime, if no noticeable development is made, this should be declared a Shahadat, rather than rescue or anything.

He is a wise and dignified man, even in his grief. My salute to him.

Yes. If you have seen the interview of him, he looked really calm and composed, and true.

I know from personal experience that families of shuhada have great strength of character in tragedy. This great gentleman, who has just lost his young valiant son, who would have been his support in old age, just exemplifies that character for not only me, but the entire nation too.

Back
Top Bottom