What's new

***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Censure those who persist on making racist comments, derogatory comments should NEVER be tolerated. Enabling racism and detractive behavior actually will not encourage high quality poster activity, but will only incite and attract poor quality racist trolls. The latter will destroy PDF's credibility and ruin @WebMaster 's hard work as well as the hard work by TTAs who actually do academic research to work and post articles on here.

Let us all get back to the subject matter. I think we have enabled elements to derail this thread for far too long.

Gary,

You defended yourself well. Let me encourage you to not to take insults to heart. As they say, my friend, don't throw your pearls. Let's get back to the thread subject matter. And I look forward to reading more of your military-related thread posts. You are one of the great contributors to this forum. Remember that.

Honestly, I did not take it any seriously. Again, it may seems like I have been defending my action here, but instead, this is just that particular member in denial..

I saw a post by another Chinese PDF member asking why he got a string of Negative rating from a same TTA Poster (Not me) on one thread, then the aforementioned member start calling me out and saying "Member like me hate Chinese poster and will leave negative rating for just Pro-Chinese View"

I instead, refer the post in this thread at 17 Where the same poster ask why his post being deleted by administration. I pointed out they have been dishing out insult whether or not they knew it was happening. And the aforementioned member instead of heeding my advice, decided to go on a full attack mode and try to justify the word "Vietcong" is not insulting at all. And here we are.

Problem is, some member, particular Chinese member here like to think it was not their fault when they were dealt with a kind of punishment like "negative rating" you can clearly see how I am being character assassinated in this post by 3 member @Keel @EAsian and @TaiShang and while ignoring the fact that the word is indeed offensive to use and shift the blame to me. What they did was standard psyop stuff, where it make it looks like it's was the giver fault, then they would be in the clear and can play a very nice victim card.

Now, nothing is actually wrong with this except it will only look good on their own PDF Chinese circle and basically make an arse out of anyone and everyone else, administration and moderator team included. This, all this is what I think was wrong with this forum.

I never said I am a saint, nor did I ever admit I am a goodie-goodie two shoes, I had my fair share of infraction, most I do not contested with, the different between me and them is, while I troll (if I do) I took the consequence like a man instead of bitching about it and trying to shift blame. And all the while I offer my own insight on this forum. Not the same I can say to the aforementioned Posters.

Contribute greatly?The J guy seriously insulted me.He give thanks to the a post call chinese chicom and give multiple negative ratings to one word vietcong.You call this contribution?How ridiculous one can be?You are no different too.

Oh yeah, I only ever gave 13 thanks to 13 post, can you tell me exactly which post I thank the poster about Chi-com comment?

I insulted you, yes I believe I did, and the post was edited by Moderator and I had took the infraction, did you hear me bitch about yeah I got an infraction from some third rate Chinese poser I insulted? No.

Meanwhile, your mate bitch about an insult he actual dished and agreed by 3 moderator and a few other poster. So who is immature here I wonder??

It won't work if this is your game plan is to try to shift the blame to me. LOL

Sadly many of the high quality members (those who actually take the time to research and write up prospective data) are becoming dismayed by the outright lack of control of incites and vitriol hurled by reconstituted trolls. I know some 3-4 very high quality members who were active and now are in lurker status because of this.

In fact i can say that as a Japanese national and as one who has written hundreds of articles in PDF , spent hours in research and cross referencing , i value contributions on an academic and professional level. What i cannot understand is that some members still openly use very hurtful and unprofessional terminology like "J@p" or "Nip". Are we really in grade school here?

I do not value racist / derogatory post, the use of ethnic slurs, or any manner of terminology that is meant to instill emotional hurt to the other party. There is no room for such in professional debate, let alone academic discourse.

@WebMaster Sir, you know my position on this.

@waz , @Horus , Sirs --- you also know my position on this. I would love to contribute more to PDF, in fact i love to learn more about the various nationalities and defense spectrums here. At the same time, I do wish and fervently at that , that our moderation team take a more pro-active stance on rebuking and correcting racist posts from members who have the inclination and predilection to hit below the belt and regress to personal insults. Frankly, as a university instructor and as an academic --- the regression to active Libel is unproductive.

Sincerely,
Yours,
@Nihonjin1051

I have the same problem.

I am working on a TV show right now and wanted to port an Ask me anything segment to PDF.

Thing is, I try to have a few of my friend, all were ex-servicemen from different country to do this with me so we can have a better angle to look at some problem member here want to know, but whenever I opened my mouth and ask my friends to be on this show, just one look at the forum and they all said no....

People expect professionalism on international forum, If I want to argue with someone in a grade school level, I would have gone to the flea market. Some member here are too immature to post and those people are the one dragging us, serious poster down.

Now I had another appointment with another college friend of mind on the 22nd, finger crossed that he would participate in the show.

Cossacks, please do not engage in such a manner. I entreat you to not take up and adopt a behavior that is not worthy of honor. Please, and thank you.

I am trying to point out the irony of the Chinese members on the receiving end of being called by racist terms just to get them a point. Sadly, it seems they just really don't get it.

Off-topic comments derailed this wonderful thread showing how China's big influence stopped america's good buddy australia from joining in such joint patrols. Maybe vietnam with their fishing boats can replace australia. :lol:

I can see your point but the usage of the word has become derogatory as someone calling Chinese Chicom or Chibot. while you didn't intend to use it in a derogatory way your negative ratings can be reviewed by the Higher up mods depending on the situation and reversed. My suggestion just drop it and continue with the main topic threads been derailed because of this debate.

Then I petition for the board in the hands of @Horus and @WebMaster to have a review of all my -ve ratings please.

This draws out serious flaws in the rating system I will have my viewpoints detailed in this thread when I have time
Abuse of Rating System | Page 7

BTW:
Chi =/= Chinese
bot = insect which when used to describe humans is derogatory
So Chibot is offensive

@jhungary @Nihonjin1051 @gambit @anon45

You may carry on presenting your arguments which are ridiculous hereunder

Also it is PDF exclusive which is viewing "vietcong" as offensive
So the Admin may consider announcing this as a possible violation against the rules and regulations of PDF please!

ps can @Horus @WebMaster take a look at jhungary's remarks regarding the deletion of my comment and my -negative rating again
This is an example of poor quality opinion as expressed by the "military professional"

I quote this once again because it was deleted

You guys should consider penalising jhungary who has been abusing his rights in dishing out negative ratings and running the forum like a rogue

My comment is here to stay:

"When my post which said japan india vietcongs and pinoys will fill the vacuum was deleted for no reason, these events are on way to actualise my prediction:

The Crane, Tiger and Eagle at Play ! Exercise Malabar kicks off with US, Japanese, Indian navies

Japanese Army (JGSDF) and US Army conclude Exercise Rising Thunder 2015

images

Source: ***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea ***** | Page 2 "

Definition of "Viet Cong" by authoritiative sources and not by woodoo reference as quoted by ill-learnt and/ or unqualified opinion:

Oxford Dictionary:
Vietcong - definition of Vietcong in English from the Oxford dictionary

VietcongLine breaks: Viet|cong
Pronunciation: /vjɛtˈkɒŋ/
Definition of Vietcong in English:
noun (plural same)

guerrilla movement in Vietnam whichfought the South Vietnamese government forces 1954–75 with the support of the North Vietnamesearmy and opposed the South Vietnam and US forces in the Vietnam War.
Vietnamese, literally 'Vietnamese Communist'.
Words that rhyme with Vietcong
along, belong, bong, chaise longue, Geelong, gong, Guangdong, Haiphong, Heilong, Hong Kong, Jong, King Kong, long, mah-jong, Mao Zedong, Mekong, nong, pong, prolong, sarong, Shillong, song, souchong, strong, thong, throng, tong, wrong

Dictionary.com
Vietcong | Define Vietcong at Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong

[vee-et-kong, -kawng, vyet-, vee-it-] (during the Vietnam War)

noun, plural Vietcong.
a Communist-led army and guerrilla force in South Vietnam that fought its government and was supported by North Vietnam.
a member or supporter of this force.
adjective
of or relating to this force or one of its members or supporters.
American Heritage Dictionary
American Heritage Dictionary Entry: Vietcong

(vē-ĕt′kŏng, -kông, vē′ĭt-, vyĕt′-)

n.pl. Vietcong also Viet Cong Abbr. VC
A Vietnamese belonging to or supporting the National Liberation Front of the nation formerly named South Vietnam.
adj.
Of or relating to the Vietcong.

[Vietnamese, short for Việt Nam Cộng Sảm, Vietnamese Communist : Việt Nam, Vietnam +Cộng Sản, communist (translation of Mandarin gòngchǎn : gòng, together + chǎn, property, production).
Merriam-Webster
Vietcong | Definition of Vietcong by Merriam-Webster

Vietcong
noun Viet·cong
plural Vietcong

Definition of VIETCONG
:
a guerrilla member of the Vietnamese Communist movement
Student dictionary
Definition of Vietcong - Merriam-Webster's Student Dictionary

One entry found for Vietcong.Main Entry: Viet·cong
Pronunciation: v
emacr.gif
-
primarystress.gif
et-
primarystress.gif
eng.gif
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural Vietcong
Etymology: from the Vietnamese phrase Viêt Nam công-san "Vietnam communist"
: a guerrilla soldier in the Vietnamese Communist movement from the late 1950s to 1975
Collins English Dictionary
Definition of “Vietcong” | Collins English Dictionary
Vietcong (ˌvjɛtˈkɒŋ ) oror Viet Cong
Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

1. the Communist-led guerrilla force and revolutionary army of South Vietnam; the armed forces of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam
  2. a member of these armed forces
  3. (modifier) of or relating to the Vietcong or a Vietcong
Word Origin
from Vietnamese Viet Nam Cong San Vietnamese Communist

Anyone who wants to take Vietcong as an insult - then an insult is born within him/herself instantly

Source: Abuse of Rating System | Page 6
"coolie" is clearly stated as "offensive"
You are just as ignorant as jhungary:

Per Oxford Dictionary:
coolie: definition of coolie in Oxford dictionary (American English) (US)
Definition of coolie in English:
noun (plural coolies)
dated or offensive
unskilled native laborer in India, China, and some other Asian countries.

American Heritage Dictionary:
American Heritage Dictionary Entry: coolie
n.pl. coo·lies

Offensive
An unskilled Asian laborer.
[Hindiqulī, laborer, perhaps ultimately fromKulī, a tribe in Gujarat.]

Macmillan Dictionary
coolie American English definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
coolie - definition and synonyms
an insulting word used in the past for a worker with no special skills in China, India, and other parts of Asia

Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus
coolie - noun [C]
coolie Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

UK US /ˈkuː.li/
old-fashioned
offensive
unskilled and cheaply employed worker in Asia› Indian English a person whose job is to carry things, especiallytravellers' bags at stations, airports, etc.

Coolie
Dictionary definitions you can understand - YourDictionary
Noun
(plural coolies)

1. (offensive, slang) An unskilled Asian worker, usually of Chinese or Indian descent; a labourer; a porter. Coolies were frequently transported to other countries in the 19th and early 20th centuries as indentured labourers.
  2. (offensive, slang, Trinidad, West Indies, Guyana and parts of Africa) A person of Indian descent.
Read more at Coolie dictionary definition | coolie defined

Incorrect judgement!

You are setting a new definition for the reputable sources that I have quoted

If I regard someone who gives a comment which includes the term "Chinese Communist" as offensive and report the "abusive", would you give the poster a negative rating or ban the poster knowing the stated term is not defined as "offensive" by any reputable source?

Quit manipulating.I don't give a damn as if word officially considered as offensive or not.
When somebody finds it offensive and does not wanna hear that,it means you should not speak them in first place..these are basic ethics and manners.
If you want your rating to be reversed,that is different issue,I am here to help in such case.However,repeatedly manipulating simple instruction is different.
I am again,not interested as if vietcong is offensive or not.What I see is that 3 american-Vietnamese nationals hated to hear that,while on the other hand you are persisting to make them accept such word which they don't like.

regards

I am trying to point out the irony of the Chinese members on the receiving end of being called by racist terms just to get them a point. Sadly, it seems they just really don't get it.

Thank you my friend. I always appreciate your candidness and respect that. Never throw your pearls before swine, as the proverbs say. Meaning don't resort to reprobate behavior !

Honestly, I did not take it any seriously. Again, it may seems like I have been defending my action here, but instead, this is just that particular member in denial..

I saw a post by another Chinese PDF member asking why he got a string of Negative rating from a same TTA Poster (Not me) on one thread, then the aforementioned member start calling me out and saying "Member like me hate Chinese poster and will leave negative rating for just Pro-Chinese View"

I instead, refer the post in this thread at 17 Where the same poster ask why his post being deleted by administration. I pointed out they have been dishing out insult whether or not they knew it was happening. And the aforementioned member instead of heeding my advice, decided to go on a full attack mode and try to justify the word "Vietcong" is not insulting at all. And here we are.

Problem is, some member, particular Chinese member here like to think it was not their fault when they were dealt with a kind of punishment like "negative rating" you can clearly see how I am being character assassinated in this post by 3 member @Keel @EAsian and @TaiShang and while ignoring the fact that the word is indeed offensive to use and shift the blame to me. What they did was standard psyop stuff, where it make it looks like it's was the giver fault, then they would be in the clear and can play a very nice victim card.

Now, nothing is actually wrong with this except it will only look good on their own PDF Chinese circle and basically make an arse out of anyone and everyone else, administration and moderator team included. This, all this is what I think was wrong with this forum.

I never said I am a saint, nor did I ever admit I am a goodie-goodie two shoes, I had my fair share of infraction, most I do not contested with, the different between me and them is, while I troll (if I do) I took the consequence like a man instead of bitching about it and trying to shift blame. And all the while I offer my own insight on this forum. Not the same I can say to the aforementioned Posters.

Oh yeah, I only ever gave 13 thanks to 13 post, can you tell me exactly which post I thank the poster about Chi-com comment?

I insulted you, yes I believe I did, and the post was edited by Moderator and I had took the infraction, did you hear me bitch about yeah I got an infraction from some third rate Chinese poser I insulted? No.

Meanwhile, your mate bitch about an insult he actual dished and agreed by 3 moderator and a few other poster. So who is immature here I wonder??

It won't work if this is your game plan is to try to shift the blame to me. LOL

I have the same problem.

I am working on a TV show right now and wanted to port an Ask me anything segment to PDF.

Thing is, I try to have a few of my friend, all were ex-servicemen from different country to do this with me so we can have a better angle to look at some problem member here want to know, but whenever I opened my mouth and ask my friends to be on this show, just one look at the forum and they all said no....

People expect professionalism on international forum, If I want to argue with someone in a grade school level, I would have gone to the flea market. Some member here are too immature to post and those people are the one dragging us, serious poster down.

Now I had another appointment with another college friend of mind on the 22nd, finger crossed that he would participate in the show.

I respect that Gary. Wishing you the best of luck in your show, see you around , buddy.

who is more authoritative
the members or the dictionaries? The members are collectively at fault here!

again if we have members who complain that "communist China" is offensive to Chinese members here on pdf should you give -ve ratings to those who use "communist China" in their comments and to ban them as well?

I say this once again:

the dictionaries that I quoted are world reputable
how many of you look them up when you have doubts for unknown vocabulary or verbal meaning or description?

Members here on pdf, however senior or high ranking they are, vary very widely in qualities and as such we rely on reliable and creditable resources for definitive answers

It is often set as the norm everywhere and PDF is not alone to ask for quotation of sources so as to back up arguments

I think I have done so fully and adequately

And people are just blind to have deleted my posts and given me -ve ratings

"Vietcong" is a disparaging term (implication). when someone used it to say about Vietnam, that is seen as an offense.
If you merely wants to say about my country, please use "Vietnam" instead. That would not be too difficult for you?

P/S: It is similar to "Chicom" or "Trung cong" in the Vietnamese language.

Same old pattern with the Chinese here. They want the freedom to be as insulting as they wish but not for everyone else. CDF went down the toilet and now PDF is heading there. Congratulations to the admin staff.

They are not using those slurs if I have anything to do with it. I take it you read the posts previously?

They are not using those slurs if I have anything to do with it. I take it you read the posts previously?
If you -- meaning the admin staff -- have anything to do with it ?

I went this route with the Chinese member of the admin staff before and the guy ain't too smart about management principles. The insistence is on the reporting feature. That is fine if the behavior is sporadic or if the violator is a newcomer. Further, since this forum is supposedly international in participation with English being the working language, someone may not know that he is using an unacceptable word due to inadequate English skills. The reporting feature is fine for these instances.

But when you have an entire group whose members are encouraging each other in promoting racial animosity in an international forum, do you really think the other members are going to spend their time policing the forum ? I will put it bluntly. Given how the Chinese behaved over the yrs through the cycling of their members, do you really think they give a shit about PDF when they never gave a shit about their own playground ?

Take a look at what Gary said...

...I try to have a few of my friend, all were ex-servicemen from different country to do this with me so we can have a better angle to look at some problem member here want to know, but whenever I opened my mouth and ask my friends to be on this show, just one look at the forum and they all said no....
If what Gary said is true, and the admin staff can doubt him for all I care, you guys are losing out on a treasure trove of personal information and experience that directly appeals to the theme of your playground that can only enhance the reputation of your playground, and the Chinese have a large contribution to that loss. These people, like me and Gary, are not interested in censorship. We know we are guests here. We do not want PDF to turn into an American joint.

So explain to me, as I am here to speak for the US, how does comments like this 'American GIs raped your mother and sister' from the Chinese and the Pakistanis, when they are unable to counter my arguments ? It seems like none of the Chinese, and many of the Pakistanis, are unable to leave my origin alone and must include crass sexual innuendos and racist personal insults in their participation. And many actually 'Thank' those posts as 'useful'. I have never report any of those posts and I actually encourages them. Let the silent readers, like Gary's friends, see them and make up their minds about this place. Then there are intellectual 12 yr olds like Mr. opruh who can only litter any discussion with meaningless one liners. Why should serious minded people enter such an environment ?

An issue is a problem only when that issue is seen in the context of whatever goal or goals you are trying to achieve. If you have no goals for this place, then you have no problems.

If you -- meaning the admin staff -- have anything to do with it ?

I went this route with the Chinese member of the admin staff before and the guy ain't too smart about management principles. The insistence is on the reporting feature. That is fine if the behavior is sporadic or if the violator is a newcomer. Further, since this forum is supposedly international in participation with English being the working language, someone may not know that he is using an unacceptable word due to inadequate English skills. The reporting feature is fine for these instances.

But when you have an entire group whose members are encouraging each other in promoting racial animosity in an international forum, do you really think the other members are going to spend their time policing the forum ? I will put it bluntly. Given how the Chinese behaved over the yrs through the cycling of their members, do you really think they give a shit about PDF when they never gave a shit about their own playground ?

Take a look at what Gary said...

If what Gary said is true, and the admin staff can doubt him for all I care, you guys are losing out on a treasure trove of personal information and experience that directly appeals to the theme of your playground that can only enhance the reputation of your playground, and the Chinese have a large contribution to that loss. These people, like me and Gary, are not interested in censorship. We know we are guests here. We do not want PDF to turn into an American joint.

So explain to me, as I am here to speak for the US, how does comments like this 'American GIs raped your mother and sister' from the Chinese and the Pakistanis, when they are unable to counter my arguments ? It seems like none of the Chinese, and many of the Pakistanis, are unable to leave my origin alone and must include crass sexual innuendos and racist personal insults in their participation. And many actually 'Thank' those posts as 'useful'. I have never report any of those posts and I actually encourages them. Let the silent readers, like Gary's friends, see them and make up their minds about this place. Then there are intellectual 12 yr olds like Mr. opruh who can only litter any discussion with meaningless one liners. Why should serious minded people enter such an environment ?

An issue is a problem only when that issue is seen in the context of whatever goal or goals you are trying to achieve. If you have no goals for this place, then you have no problems.

I agree with your points, especially regarding the racial undertones of the posts aimed at you. I will endeavour on my part to make sure such activity is stamped out.

What I find most hilarious is that jhungary guy playing the moral apostle while he had no problems to kill innocent Afghanis as a US mercenary and the mostly Muslim moderators in this forum seem to have no problems with his abusive usage of rating at all.

As a matter of fact, I have the feeling that this forum has been infiltrated by US shills.

BTW, Vietcong is not seen as an insulting word in Germany. you can hear that word all the time in documentaries about Vietnam.

A poster who is Vietnamese have considered it as an offence,which means that you must not speak that in first place.
Next time,If you were found using terms which are offending any person,albeit it is not considered as slang by you,then you will be issued negative rating,warning or it could be permanent ban.
There are some words which may not be looked like offense to one nationality,but they might be considered as offence by nationality in question.
For example, the term third world looks bad,as compare to underdeveloped..similarly Bangali sounds bad,and Bangladeshi is more preferred.
Please avoid such in future,no matter they are offensive or not,if hated by a poster...avoid it.

regards

If ONE member considers a word as offensive therefore the word should be banned, you are opening a whole new can of worms. For example, I do feel "50 cents army" very offensive to me when it has been constantly used by some members to refer to Chinese members who happened to have different opinions. Please ban its use from now. Thanks! @Chinese-Dragon @AndrewJin @Shotgunner51

Last edited:
A reminder that this thread is to celebrate america's failure to drum up support against China in South China Sea, this simply shows that even american allies agree that what China is doing is for freedom of navigation in the area.
:lol::lol::lol:

I agree with your points, especially regarding the racial undertones of the posts aimed at you. I will endeavour on my part to make sure such activity is stamped out.

So you tolerate the hate-filled message of that member (Gambit) aimed at the entire group of people in a very low gang mentality and self-aggrandizement? You need to have higher standard, in my opinion, because that person hardly impress us.

It should be you to know first that cyber-space is anonymous and that person can be anybody. Why take their personal arguments seriously? What matters on this forum is what we share on general matters, not on some morals or intellectual capabilities.

Now has it become really that way? Should we start listing the terms we find offensive? And can we ensure that someone will police and give speedy strikes? I do not see anybody on our side doing that. Why so?

The matter is that the said person @jhungary has been targeting @Keel and his/her argument is some people find the term offensive. Please remember that the first few negative ratings were given before this person consulted the "large" Vietnamese community and concurred that the term is offensive.

The person @jhungary first had a revenge and hate-driven opinion, acted upon it and gave negative ratings, and then gathered a gang around himself by tagging them and now they make a noise.

How do you know what these people corresponded in private?

That is very unfair if you agreed all of his points, given how hate filled, one-sided, and ego-centric they are.

@waz , @Hu Songshan , @WebMaster , @Horus

So, should we start listing what we find offensive and racist? Perhaps that helps how each side feels about the other because it is never a one-way street. And given the member (Gambit) is having certain intellectual spasm and throngs of consciousness, one must question on what accounts that person received negative ratings.

The truth is, the same group of people are the most racist, give likes to the most racist posts when they suit their interests, pretend fake online personalities, and keep trolling and derailing every thread when they do not suit their agenda.

Let's not pretend anybody hold the high ground. That's disgusting and fake.

Then, let's see, what we might find offensive. And please remember, the same applies to every other group.

@Chinese-Dragon , @AndrewJin , @Shotgunner51 , @Keel , @Yizhi , @terranMarine , @Jlaw , @ChineseTiger1986 , @tranquilium , @cirr , @cnleio , @Martian2 , @Dungeness , @FairAndUnbiased et al.

Note: Let me repeat, calling the US Army an army of rapists is being empirical, historical, and critical, by the way.

Peace. :angel:

And, @opruh , sorry for :offpost: :D

Quit manipulating.I don't give a damn as if word officially considered as offensive or not.
When somebody finds it offensive and does not wanna hear that,it means you should not speak them in first place..these are basic ethics and manners.
If you want your rating to be reversed,that is different issue,I am here to help in such case.However,repeatedly manipulating simple instruction is different.
I am again,not interested as if vietcong is offensive or not.What I see is that 3 american-Vietnamese nationals hated to hear that,while on the other hand you are persisting to make them accept such word which they don't like.

regards

I find it very amazed if you think my quotation of definitions from various reputatable dictionaries were viewed as "manipulation".

Again if I (another "someone") who find "Chinese Communist" or "commie" as offensive would you do the same to give "-ve rating" and possibly ban the poster for his comment (s)?

I think @Horus and @WebMaster are the persons in charge of of reviewing the validity of ratings
Please do so if you are another one responsible for the requests for a review all of my ratings
Thanks!

"Vietcong" is a disparaging term (implication). when someone used it to say about Vietnam, that is seen as an offense.
If you merely wants to say about my country, please use "Vietnam" instead. That would not be too difficult for you?

P/S: It is similar to "Chicom" or "Trung cong" in the Vietnamese language.

Read my comment on "Vietnam" below on top of my coments above

And I am not answering random comments of the "Vietcong" debate on this thread anymore so if you still want to have a go at it further please direct your comments to the thread " Abuse of Rating System" stated below

Then I petition for the board in the hands of @Horus and @WebMaster to have a review of all my -ve ratings please.

This draws out serious flaws in the rating system I will have my viewpoints detailed in this thread when I have time

BTW:
Chi =/= Chinese
bot = insect which when used to describe humans is derogatory
So Chibot is offensive

@jhungary @Nihonjin1051 @gambit @anon45

You may carry on presenting your arguments which are ridiculous hereunder

Also it is PDF exclusive which is viewing "vietcong" as offensive
So the Admin may consider announcing this as a possible violation against the rules and regulations of PDF please!

And I repeat this again:

"Viet" = the "Viet" in "VIET-nam"
Cong = Communists

Vietcong = Vietnamese Communists

Vietnam is a communist country

What is wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom