What's new

***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..............The article did not say the Australian reject Joint Patrol with the US, Australia fly surveillance flight to SCS and that will continue. What Robbs and Julie Bishop said is that Australia would not pick side in SCS issue and will not escalate the current situation to favour any party.

The Chinese actually accused the Australian the next day after OPs article is written for pouring fuel onto fire by assert more cooperation to US navy on the SCS issue

China lashes Australia and US for 'adding fuel to the flames' on South China Sea - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The situation is unchanged for the Aussie.

When my post which said japan india vietcongs and pinoys will fill the vacuum was deleted for no reason, these events are on way to actualise my prediction:

The Crane, Tiger and Eagle at Play ! Exercise Malabar kicks off with US, Japanese, Indian navies

Japanese Army (JGSDF) and US Army conclude Exercise Rising Thunder 2015

images

Last edited:
Yay, I am glad that our Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is a pragmatic man. There are no permanent friends, only interests. Take care of our interests first and worry about others later.

Yes, we have more important things to worry about, such as the cricket season.
:p:

Exactly. Worrying about SCS, just as other seas across the world, is the US thing.

Besides, Australia must have seen that the efforts to stop China is lame and worthless.

Why engage in inconclusive acts of maritime brawl.

China needs partners as pragmatic as Australia. Not timocracies like US.

My comment is here to stay:

"When my post which said japan india vietcongs and pinoys will fill the vacuum was deleted for no reason, these events are on way to actualise my prediction:

The Crane, Tiger and Eagle at Play ! Exercise Malabar kicks off with US, Japanese, Indian navies

images

Source: ***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea ***** | Page 2 "

Definition of "Viet Cong" by authoritiative sources and not by woodoo reference as quoted by ill-learnt and/ or unqualified opinion:

Oxford Dictionary:
Vietcong - definition of Vietcong in English from the Oxford dictionary

VietcongLine breaks: Viet|cong
Pronunciation: /vjɛtˈkɒŋ/

Definition of Vietcong in English:
noun (plural same)
guerrilla movement in Vietnam whichfought the South Vietnamese government forces 1954–75 with the support of the North Vietnamesearmy and opposed the South Vietnam and US forces in the Vietnam War.
Vietnamese, literally '
Vietnamese Communist'.

Words that rhyme with Vietcong
along, belong, bong, chaise longue, Geelong, gong, Guangdong, Haiphong, Heilong, Hong Kong, Jong, King Kong, long, mah-jong, Mao Zedong, Mekong, nong, pong, prolong, sarong, Shillong, song, souchong, strong, thong, throng, tong, wrong

Dictionary.com
Vietcong | Define Vietcong at Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong
[vee-et-kong, -kawng, vyet-, vee-it-] (during the Vietnam War)

noun, plural Vietcong.
a Communist-led army and guerrilla force in South Vietnam that fought its government and was supported by North Vietnam.

a member or supporter of this force.
adjective

of or relating to this force or one of its members or supporters.

American Heritage Dictionary
American Heritage Dictionary Entry: Vietcong

(vē-ĕt′kŏng, -kông, vē′ĭt-, vyĕt′-)

n.pl. Vietcong also Viet Cong Abbr. VC
A Vietnamese belonging to or supporting the National Liberation Front of the nation formerly named South Vietnam.
adj.
Of or relating to the Vietcong.

[Vietnamese, short for Việt Nam Cộng Sảm, Vietnamese Communist : Việt Nam, Vietnam +Cộng Sản, communist (translation of Mandarin gòngchǎn : gòng, together + chǎn, property, production).

Merriam-Webster
Vietcong | Definition of Vietcong by Merriam-Webster

Vietcong
noun Viet·cong
plural Vietcong

Definition of VIETCONG
: a guerrilla member of the Vietnamese Communist movement

Student dictionary
Definition of Vietcong - Merriam-Webster's Student Dictionary

One entry found for Vietcong.Main Entry: Viet·cong
Pronunciation: v
emacr.gif
-
primarystress.gif
et-
primarystress.gif
eng.gif
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural Vietcong
Etymology: from the Vietnamese phrase Viêt Nam công-san "Vietnam communist"
: a guerrilla soldier in the Vietnamese Communist movement from the late 1950s to 1975

Collins English Dictionary
Definition of “Vietcong” | Collins English Dictionary
Vietcong (ˌvjɛtˈkɒŋ ) oror Viet Cong
Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)
  1. the Communist-led guerrilla force and revolutionary army of South Vietnam; the armed forces of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam
  2. a member of these armed forces
  3. (modifier) of or relating to the Vietcong or a Vietcong
Word Origin
from Vietnamese Viet Nam Cong San Vietnamese Communist

Anyone who wants to take Vietcong as an insult - then an insult is born within him/herself instantly

Thanks, But No Thanks: US Ally Won't Join US in South China Sea Incursion

The Royal Australian Navy will not join any US-led patrols to confront China over disputed islands in the South China Sea.

Australian Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop and Defense Minister Marise Payne met with US Secretary of State John Kerry and US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter Tuesday in Boston for talks about maintaining peace and stability in the oceans around China.

While the Australians pledged enhanced naval co-operation with the United States, they stopped short of committing to take part in any American ventures into territory China claims as its own.

Washington has dismissed China's territorial claims, saying the US Navy will continue to operate wherever international law allows.

Last week, Payne said Australia will oppose "intimidation" and "aggression" in the South China Sea.

The Chinese embassy in Australia hit back on Wednesday, saying Payne's comments on the South China Sea were "neither responsible or constructive."

"We urge the relevant sides to stop applying [a] double standard. It would be more helpful if they would honour their commitment of not taking sides on relevant disputes and do more to promote regional peace and security … rather than light a fire and add fuel to the flames," the embassy spokesman said.

The United States reportedly is anticipated to send ships soon to waters inside the 12-nautical-mile zones that China claims as territory around islands it has built in the Spratly chain.

Payne and Carter signed a joint statement on defense cooperation, which included enhancing the interoperability of their military forces, intelligence cooperation and building cooperation with regional partners, the Australian Financial Review reports.

Canberra supports Washington's "freedom of navigation" exercise to challenge China, but the naval cooperation announced on Tuesday does not extend to Australian ships or naval bases being used to launch such a mission, AFR reports.

Instead, the naval agreement largely reiterates plans to ramp up joint training and exercises, with precise details absent at time of the announcement and subject to further discussions between officials.

China's territorial claims in the South China Sea overlap with the claims of the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan.

@Keel , why do not take the issue to the Mods? I see some arbitrary negative rating game is going on. These people must be stripped of their rights once they are found to be abusing their ill-advised privileges.

@waz , @Hu Songshan , @Horus , sirs, could you kindly please look at the above negative rating?

The above person who gave the negative rating bases his action to a website which states that "The Racial Slur Database, since 1999. Not copyrighted in any way, shape or form.
This database was created entirely from data gleaned off the 'net and via submissions from people like you and your parents. It's supposed to be funny and/or informational."

It is definitely not a legitimate reference reference point and @Keel already provides enough legitimate reference to the usage of the term, which is not definitely racist.

The above member appears to have acted out of hatred and revenge.

ps can @Horus @WebMaster take a look at jhungary's remarks regarding the deletion of my comment and my -negative rating again
This is an example of poor quality opinion as expressed by the "military professional"

I quote this once again because it was deleted

You guys should consider penalising jhungary who has been abusing his rights in dishing out negative ratings and running the forum like a rogue

"When my post which said japan india vietcongs and pinoys will fill the vacuum was deleted for no reason, these events are on way to actualise my prediction:

images

Source: ***** Australia Rejects Joint Patrol with US Navy in South China Sea ***** | Page 2 "

Definition of "Viet Cong" by authoritiative sources and not by woodoo reference as quoted by ill-learnt and/ or unqualified opinion:

Oxford Dictionary:

noun (plural same)

guerrilla movement in Vietnam whichfought the South Vietnamese government forces 1954–75 with the support of the North Vietnamesearmy and opposed the South Vietnam and US forces in the Vietnam War.
Vietnamese, literally 'Vietnamese Communist'.
along, belong, bong, chaise longue, Geelong, gong, Guangdong, Haiphong, Heilong, Hong Kong, Jong, King Kong, long, mah-jong, Mao Zedong, Mekong, nong, pong, prolong, sarong, Shillong, song, souchong, strong, thong, throng, tong, wrong

Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong

noun, plural Vietcong.
a Communist-led army and guerrilla force in South Vietnam that fought its government and was supported by North Vietnam.
adjective

A Vietnamese belonging to or supporting the National Liberation Front of the nation formerly named South Vietnam.
adj.

[Vietnamese, short for Việt Nam Cộng Sảm, Vietnamese Communist : Việt Nam, Vietnam +Cộng Sản, communist (translation of Mandarin gòngchǎn : gòng, together + chǎn, property, production).
Merriam-Webster

Vietcong
noun Viet·cong
plural Vietcong

Definition of VIETCONG
:
a guerrilla member of the Vietnamese Communist movement
Student dictionary

emacr.gif
-
primarystress.gif
et-
primarystress.gif
eng.gif
: a guerrilla soldier in the Vietnamese Communist movement from the late 1950s to 1975
Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

1. the Communist-led guerrilla force and revolutionary army of South Vietnam; the armed forces of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam
Word Origin

Anyone who wants to take Vietcong as an insult - then an insult is born within him/herself instantly

Source: Abuse of Rating System | Page 6

Last edited:
When my post which said japan india vietcongs and pinoys will fill the vacuum was deleted for no reason, these events are on way to actualise my prediction:

images

Oxford Dictionary:

noun (plural same)
Vietnamese, literally '
Vietnamese Communist'.

Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong

noun, plural Vietcong.

adjective

adj.

Merriam-Webster

Vietcong
noun Viet·cong
plural Vietcong

Definition of VIETCONG

Student dictionary

emacr.gif
-
primarystress.gif
et-
primarystress.gif
eng.gif

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)
Word Origin

@Slav Defence Can you check this member out, he have been calling Vietnamese Vietcong (Which was a slur to basically all Vietnamese) as mentioned in my previous post.

All Slur were not offensive in the word BY ITSELF, it became a slur when you use to describe and generalize people. The Word "Slope" can be found in many dictionary, but does it mean it is not an insult to East Asian??

Last edited:
@waz , @Hu Songshan , @Horus , @WebMaster , @Chinese-Dragon sirs, could you kindly please look at the above negative rating?

The above person who gave the negative rating bases his action to a website which states that "The Racial Slur Database, since 1999. Not copyrighted in any way, shape or form. This database was created entirely from data gleaned off the 'net and via submissions from people like you and your parents.It's supposed to be funny and/or informational."

It is definitely not a legitimate reference point and @Keel already provided enough legitimate references to the usage of the term, which is not definitely racist but political.

@waz , @Hu Songshan , @Horus , @WebMaster , @Chinese-Dragon sirs, could you kindly please look at the above negative rating?

The above person who gave the negative rating bases his action to a website which states that "The Racial Slur Database, since 1999. Not copyrighted in any way, shape or form. This database was created entirely from data gleaned off the 'net and via submissions from people like you and your parents.It's supposed to be funny and/or informational."

It is definitely not a legitimate reference point and @Keel already provided enough legitimate references to the usage of the term, which is not definitely racist but political.

The word "Vietcong" is insulting to Vietnamese, he been ASKED not to use the word and yet he keep pumping post after post to that. Bear in mind I saw his first (Now deleted) post and I did not take action on it. Is this a revenge? How about I start calling all Chinese - Chi-com? Do you think this would be an insult to Chinese?

Maybe we could ask some Vietnamese member if they consider the term "Vietcong" offensive??

@Viet @vietminh @BoQ77

Last edited:
The word "Vietcong" is insulting to Vietnamese, he been ASKED not to use the word and yet he keep pumping post after post to that. Bear in mind I saw his first (Now deleted) post and I did not take action on it. Is this a revenge? How about I start calling all Chinese - Chi-com? Do you think this would be an insult to Chinese?

Some might take it as a political insult, but it is definitely not a racist insult. Communism is not a race. Chinese-Communist can be used and being used on this forum often in the form you preferred to express. Although I would not use them in any way my self (I call Vietnamese, "my Communist brothers," for sure), the term is not definitely a racist slur, hence the negative ratings are unwarranted.

@waz , @Hu Songshan , @Horus , @WebMaster , @Chinese-Dragon

Some might take it as a political insult, but it is definitely not a racist insult. Communism is not a race. Chinese-Communist can be used and being used on this forum often in the form you preferred to express. Although I would not use them in any way my self (I call Vietnamese, "my Communist brothers," for sure), the term is not definitely a racist slur, hence the negative ratings are unwarranted.

@waz , @Hu Songshan , @Horus , @WebMaster , @Chinese-Dragon

It is a racist term because it targeting a certain race/nationality. I know calling communist when there are one is not a racist thing, but if you use it to generalize Chinese or Vietnamese or Even Russian, THEN IT WILL BE A RACE THINGS.

It's insulting not because it called other communist, but it insult a race and equate them to a certain degraded act. Like for example, all Greek are gay because of the Greek Island of Lesbos. Being Gay is not an insult, calling Greeks are all gay are an insult to a nation of Greece and its people, hence it's racially motivated.

Let me give you another example, the slur "Slant Eyes" to Asian, Vietnamese and Chinese in particular. Having Slant eyes itself is not a race specific thing (Even European have them) or even an insulting thing but calling Chinese Slant Eyes would then considered a racial slur as you generalize Chinese by their face feature. The action that generalize the Chinese is an insult to them, hence became a slur. Not because the condition of Slant eyes is a slur to Asian, even Arabs, North/East White European do have slant eyes.

That is what he (@Keel) did He generalize Vietnamese into Communist. Are all Vietnamese Communist? No.

Also, even if I conceded it's a political insult/slur like you said, it would still be an insult nonetheless, or are you suggesting because it is a political insult then it does not count?

Last edited:
generalize does that guy know what generalize means?

check this authority out:

Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong

noun, plural Vietcong.

adjective

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

Word Origin

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

Word Origin

according to the following authoritative sources

images

Oxford Dictionary:

noun (plural same)

Vietnamese, literally '
Vietnamese Communist'.

Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong

noun, plural Vietcong.

adjective

adj.

Merriam-Webster

Vietcong
noun Viet·cong
plural Vietcong

Definition of VIETCONG

Student dictionary

emacr.gif
-
primarystress.gif
et-
primarystress.gif
eng.gif

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

• the Communist-led guerrilla force and revolutionary army of South Vietnam; the armed forces of the National Liberation Front of South Vietnam
    • a member of these armed forces
    • (modifier) of or relating to the Vietcong or a Vietcong
Word Origin

Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong

noun, plural Vietcong.

adjective

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

Word Origin

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

Word Origin

@Slav Defence can you again do something to this member. He has been insulting Vietnamese by calling them Vietcong.

@AUSTERLITZ @Davos @gambit Also please contribute to the subject

Dictionary.com
Vietcong
or Viet Cong

noun, plural Vietcong.

adjective

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

Word Origin

Definitions
noun
(in the Vietnam War)

Word Origin

@Horus
@WebMaster

Please review the crazy negative ratings dishing out by jhungary
You should consider penalising the guy for his bizzare behaviour

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.